Sign in to follow this  
bootlegbaker

Perfect Gaming Mat for X-Wing

They look pretty cool, but aren't the kind of big? And expensive? My favorite is the White Nebula at the end, followed by the Red Nebula #1.

I also think that Hotz felt maps look pretty cool. A 72" x 45" mat runs for about $50. Two of those mats side by side would be comparable in size to the fabric mats you posted, but you'd save yourself $50.

It's been awhile since i ordered it but im almost positive that it was the standard minis map size (quarter size i guess) with 1" squares on it. I went and took a look earlier this week and they seem to have a few more options now, which is good. It came in a tube. I don't recall having to specify box or roll at the time, but maybe i just dont remember. 

I was pretty happy with how it came out. definitely a nice change of pace from the printed maps with all the folding and whatnot.

I ordered one (HOTZ) and had it shipped to me rolled I also had it printed on both sides to give me more diversity (its for Firestorm) but the other guy is correct if you order two hotz you do save about fifty bucks or get them printed on both sides and I think you save about $10 but you now have 4 mats

just my two pennies

We have recently made all the space mats available in 72" by 42" for $100.00. We have been working on this for some time. We know they are expensive. We have tried to reduce costs as much as possible but the printing process is rather expensive. They are printed on heavy cotton fabric and the edges are finished with a binding that protects even better then a normal hem. These mats are made to last a long time.

Thank you

Jonathan Bowen

CorSec Engineering

www.corseceng.com

I ordered one (HOTZ) and had it shipped to me rolled I also had it printed on both sides to give me more diversity (its for Firestorm) but the other guy is correct if you order two hotz you do save about fifty bucks or get them printed on both sides and I think you save about $10 but you now have 4 mats

just my two pennies

HOTZ look pretty affordable, even with shipping to the UK (although sadly that would be shipped folded).

My two concerns with fabric mats though would be stretchiness (I'd be wanting it to stay at 36x36 so that I don't need to measure out play areas all the time), and whether or not the fibers of the fabric could catch on ships/tokens. How would you rate the mat on those fronts?

It prevent slipping up to a point but it still not perfect. For that I ordered a Gripmat from a Kickstarter project. This will be for my 36x36. Right now I'm using a felt mat with some rubber ciment spread on the back side so that th mat will not slip itself of the table.

The HOTZ map that I have is for more Epic games since it's more than 6 X 3.