Sign in to follow this  
Bootylactin

Rules Question: Does a failed tackle (Tackler Down) prevent the rest of your skill icons from activating?

I demoed the game at GenCon before reading the rules for myself, and the FFG employee told us that if you roll Tackler Down, any skill icons that come after do not activate.  It made sense to me with regard to how real Blood Bowl plays (a turnover), but I didn't find anything in the rules to support this.  Did I just gloss over it and miss it, or was the FFG employee wrong?

This is an important distinction between those players that have Cheat, Tackle vs Tackle, Cheat.  The later would not gain a cheat token if they fell down on their tackle result.

Kryyst said:

This is an important distinction between those players that have Cheat, Tackle vs Tackle, Cheat.  The later would not gain a cheat token if they fell down on their tackle result.

You have to use the skill in order?

Yes you have to use the skills in order from left ot right.  You can choose not to use a skill, except for cheating, but you can't flip flop.

So if you had a player with the skills (always read from left to right) Ball, Cheat, Block.

You could grab the ball (if you want), you have to cheat, then block (if you want).  What you can't do with that character is Cheat, throw a block then decide to grab the ball.  This is on page 8 and 10 of the rule book.