Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

Street Date

Haroon said:

The upcoming section says "Expected by:  August 2011" i dont know why you would guess sept.

Rogue Trader and Deathwatch both showed up in stores in September. If they manage to get the mass market books out in August I would be surprised, in a good way.

If you want to get technical the book was available in August, at GenCon. So the "Expected by" date is correct.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on August 08 2011

Sam Stewart "Black Crusade"
Estimated ship date: January 10 2012

WTF?

Is that true? If so you can forget about this order man...

I saw that & also noticed that the release for the GM screen is unchanged. Could you imagine if they really released the screen several months ahead of the game? I think it's safe to say that Amazon has no idea what's going on.

That's one of the nicer things they've done. With certain past releases, they underbid the FLGS price, only to note shortly before the release that the title "will not become available", but referred to a similar book... with the exact same name, but a higher price.

Ryder said:

Please Tell me this january thing is just temporary, I mean there was nothing fundmentally broken about the Gencon copies right?

Well there was the section written in blood detailing the exact ritual requirements necessary to summon Slaanesh into Earth, but I thought that was just for flavor. Besides, it was based on the old Nerian Method, which Astor categorically disproved in the early 70s. No way it would actually work.

Maybe somebody finally pointed it out, and they're going to redo the mathematics on how many cubic cubits of human blood are necessary, according to the Astorian Theory? Or maybe they've got their own ideas. Who knows; the academia of daemonic studies are all a bunch of shut-ins who refuse to acknowledge other ideas exist. Why, just last week I heard mention of a student exiled to government work with the SCP Foundation because he questioned whether or not the Ruinous Powers even exist as separate forms!

Hardcore Heathen said:

Ryder said:

Please Tell me this january thing is just temporary, I mean there was nothing fundmentally broken about the Gencon copies right?

Well there was the section written in blood detailing the exact ritual requirements necessary to summon Slaanesh into Earth, but I thought that was just for flavor. Besides, it was based on the old Nerian Method, which Astor categorically disproved in the early 70s. No way it would actually work.

Maybe somebody finally pointed it out, and they're going to redo the mathematics on how many cubic cubits of human blood are necessary, according to the Astorian Theory? Or maybe they've got their own ideas. Who knows; the academia of daemonic studies are all a bunch of shut-ins who refuse to acknowledge other ideas exist. Why, just last week I heard mention of a student exiled to government work with the SCP Foundation because he questioned whether or not the Ruinous Powers even exist as separate forms!

I love you.

Here's something to chew on:

After chacking with a few online retailers, it seems that the ones who are offering BC for $30-ish have a release date listed as 01/2012 while those who have it listed around $40-50-ish have a release date of 08/23/2011.

Graver said:

Here's something to chew on:

After chacking with a few online retailers, it seems that the ones who are offering BC for $30-ish have a release date listed as 01/2012 while those who have it listed around $40-50-ish have a release date of 08/23/2011.

I should have known that price was too good to be true, even if it was a sale.

Here in the UK amazon has a 6th September release date. Whilst Lesuire Games still quotes an August Release date. And next weeks Esdevium release sheet hasnt got Black Crusade on it.

This is the mail I got from amazon, haven't seen anything on a january release.

"Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Same Stewart "Black Crusade (Warhammer 40,000)"
Estimated arrival date: September 10 2011 - September 15 2011"

January looks really late for this game.

I was just looking at Amazon and they have January as the release date....could be wrong, as said by others before me Amazon doesn't always have correct info. Just wanted to pass this on FYI. That being said I hope that they are wrong 'cause this Traitor Legionary can't wait to bring about the fall of the False-Emperor!!!!

... i swear to the Gods that i will  blow my heretical head off with a Damned bolt pistol if this is pushed back till january. The Gods will b honored... either through this or sacrifice >:)

yeah, im a hard core Chaos worshipper, bit me.

Mjoellnir said:

To help my holey memory, the second introductory adventures usually were released together with the core rulebook, right? 

So far the pattern has been "free teaser adventure" and then an "intro module" in the back of the new game's core book.  I would not at all be surprised to see an adventure in the back of BC as well.

Since I run an ascended DH game my group has started reffering to BC as "Codex: Badguy".   Here is hoping it arrives this week!

Brother-Sergeant Samael of the Dark Angels has asked me to inquire as to the nature of your black pauldron, Brother Raziel...

ZillaPrime said:

Mjoellnir said:

To help my holey memory, the second introductory adventures usually were released together with the core rulebook, right? 

So far the pattern has been "free teaser adventure" and then an "intro module" in the back of the new game's core book.  I would not at all be surprised to see an adventure in the back of BC as well.

It has already been confirmed that the Black Crusade core rulebook contains an adventure.

I'm not talking about the core rulebook, there are usually two download adventures that build upon each other. Rogue Trader had Forsaken Bounty and Dark Frontier, Deathwatch had Final Sanction and Oblivion's Edge, Dark Heresy had only one, but as far as I know it wasn't originally created by FFG. 

Brother-Sergeant Samael of the Dark Angels has asked me to inquire as to the nature of your black pauldron, Brother Raziel...

Silence

Brother Riverbear: He doesn't talk much.

Technically, with it being sold at Gencon, it is already released.

If you mean "when will it turn up in shops", there's nothing much FFG can say about that - that's entirely down to how quickly the printers ship them to the distributors, and in turn, how quick the distributors get it out to shops. It's entirely out of their hands now.