Sign in to follow this  
Avii

Which is expansion has the coolest caster?

Hey guys,

I wanna get an expansion that really provides me with an awesome caster to torment my fellow gamers. Out of all the expansions which one adds interesting content and a great new caster to play? Thanks so much.

Avii said:

OOOOhohohoho I sense endless spelling slinging in my near future.... demonio.gif

endless ... mmm.. but limited ! one spell cast during other's turn , remember ! lengua.gif

The warlock can cast 3 spells during his turn (even 4 if you get your hand on the Totem stick in the Dungeon expansion, a relic from the treasures chamber) and gain his full complement at the start of his turn, but you could consider also the Sprite from the Highlands, she has always 2 spells, and when she has less, she draws one, this leads to a nice spell choice. Compare this :

The warlock has Immobility and say, Mesmerism. No player has followers. His turn has ended and he casts Immobility on the player just after him, then 3 other players play and his turn comes back, he draws 1 spell to add to his unused Mesmerism since his craft his still at 5 (starting value)...

Same situation as above with another powerful caster, I am The Sprite with the same spells, Immobility and Mesmerism, and no one has followers, I'm sad not being able to steal one...but, as my friend the warlock, I prevent my neighbour from playing by casting Immobility and then draw a spell right after it ! I draw Transmute and cast it during the turn of the 2nd player after me, now all his weapons are pieces of wood ! ..oh.. I can draw another spell now ^^ ... the 3rd player gets his turn, yeah, I think it's time for me to throw acquisition on his talisman and get another spell.. and now the player next to me (to my right) have to discard all her spells since I picked Nullify ! ... My turn comes.. I am a happy Sprite , godly spellcaster.. and mmm.. everyone hates me gran_risa.gif

I admit my little scenario seems extreme and a lot lucky, but trust me this happens more than often and I consider the Sprite as a great spellcaster when I'm playing it... and a little $^*ù*$^  of $^ù*$  when I'm not lol !

I agree that the best spellcasters so far are Warlock (Frostmarch) and Sprite (Highland). Alchemist (Highland) can be a good Spellcaster and a very upsetting opponent thanks to his versatile ability. From the base game, best Spellcasters are Wizard, Prophetess and Druid (great that he got a boost in FFG edition, he's still a competitive Character after many expansions).

I must say that Spellcasters now completely dominate the game. Playing with former broken Characters like the RAW Assassin and the Ogre Chieftain is fair, considered the outrageous amount of powerful Spells that these guys receive each game for free. In this sense, the apparently powerful Dragon Hunter from the upcoming expansion looks like a sort of compensation.

Sprite from the Highland is my personal favorite.

Unfortunately, Magus from Sacred Pool and Base Game Sorceress are about the worst.

However, I enjoy spellcasters that gain spells through other means than reprints of the wizards one spell all the time formula.

Such as the Druid or Alchemist.

Dam said:

Troll. Nothing is quite a cool as a Craft 10 Troll that can take on a Demon while flinging spells left and right partido_risa.gif .

That is scary to think about...

Dam said:

Troll. Nothing is quite a cool as a Craft 10 Troll that can take on a Demon while flinging spells left and right partido_risa.gif .

I actually managed to beat the Deamon Lord ending with the Troll in one game. That was sick demonio.gif

Avii said:

So I took a look at the alchemist..... I think I am in love... corazon.gif Note to self... Get Highgarden ASAP!

Personaly I absolutely hate the Alcemist. Most unbalanced character so far IMO. I always choose another character even if i get Elf and Ministrel (we draw 3 at start, 1 if you die)

Nioreh said:

Avii said:

So I took a look at the alchemist..... I think I am in love... corazon.gif Note to self... Get Highgarden ASAP!

Personaly I absolutely hate the Alcemist. Most unbalanced character so far IMO. I always choose another character even if i get Elf and Ministrel (we draw 3 at start, 1 if you die)

I think that alchemist is pretty balanced.

His ability's looks cool.

You can finally do something with your gold, to get a spell,fate or heal.

But if you play only the coc ending, then he is difficult to kill.

I think that i wil never play that ending anymore. It was boring as hell. Only the pvp on the crown was nice.

I think he belongs to the nr 1 characters, but first, i want to try him out someday.

We have had him (Alchemist) in play several times and he always ends up with excess gold and in other words hes ability could read "after a while you..." "always have 3 spells during your turn" "always have fate" "always have four lives" =P

Nioreh said:

We have had him (Alchemist) in play several times and he always ends up with excess gold and in other words hes ability could read "after a while you..." "always have 3 spells during your turn" "always have fate" "always have four lives" =P

Especially with the highland, i can imagine that he always has max  3 spells, fate or liveslengua.gif

He can easily turn all those trinkets in gold. Ooh the money. It's shining!