Sign in to follow this  
Peacekeeper_b

Excellent

And lo the nerd gods looked upon their children and said "Let there be Star Wars minis!". Then from the great realm of FFG x-wing and tie fighter minis rained from the skies and the nerds were pleased. Some even began to weep with joy. Forum poster Avii was just one of these many weeping nerds.

Maerimydra said:

I was expecting a game like Twilight Imperium set in the Star Wars universe, but I guess it's not going to happen any time soon.

A good team based war game could be pretty cool. Or even one of those crazy games that is 3 V 1 with the Imperial player getting more territory and resources, but the Rebel players able to do strike and fades because they've only got a handful of units each

In general, yes, I'd love to see this.

JerusalemJones said:

I think if this game comes with unpainted miniatures and they have a "collector's edition" that is fully painted, it'll be the first itme I shell out money for the painted edition (and Arkham Horror minis don't count for this).

From the description it sounds like they are all going to be painted.

Pilot17 said:

JerusalemJones said:

I think if this game comes with unpainted miniatures and they have a "collector's edition" that is fully painted, it'll be the first itme I shell out money for the painted edition (and Arkham Horror minis don't count for this).

From the description it sounds like they are all going to be painted.

I hope so...I'm awful at trying to paint miniatures!

Peacekeeper_b said:

Bring forth the Star Wars RPG! But please dont use the 40K of WFRP rules!

Would it be outlandish to hope the SW RPG would be a return to the old D6 RPG of WEG days of yore?

As for the minis, bring them on! If they're nicely done I'll be hooked, however will it be a case of getting random minis in a box (like WEG) or do they plan to release sets whereby it actually tells you on the box what's inside?

pocoyo_joe said:

will it be a case of getting random minis in a box (like WEG) or do they plan to release sets whereby it actually tells you on the box what's inside?

Just to clarify, it was WotC's Star Wars minis that were randomized - WEG's were clearly labeled. But I see you're a WEG guy too, so I'll bet that was just a typo. gui%C3%B1o.gif

As for X-Wing, all reports thus far indicate non-random! gran_risa.gif

D'oh! Yes it was a typo, I meant WOTC and not WEG!

Yes definately a WEG guy (I know that ages me).

Good to hear X-Wing won't be random, the whole random factor is what put me off WOTC (see I got it right that time!)

Now imagine this online with like Vassal. O imagine the sort of scenario's you could do? Trench run re-enactment anyone!? I am..... I AM SO EXCITIED!!! *tuskan raider cheer*