Sign in to follow this  
guciomir

Release date for Carrock

The German publisher renewed today its announcement - the 4th August is still the release date for Carrock

http://www.heidelbaer.de/home/news-termine/einzelansicht-news/news/kampf_am_carrock_erschienen/back/35/

(they even claim that it has been released today and that it will be in stores on 4th August)

So it really seems that it will come this week (dont know if the overall retail problems everyone is suffering from will vanish though)

GhostWolf69 said:

Here in Sweden HfG arrived last Friday (Jul 29) and was sold out almost everywhere at once.

I bought the last pack in town yesterday (Aug 1)... lucky me. Out of the three retailers (in my City) here that carry the item all of them are out of stock now.

/wolf

Where did you buy it? And could you give me some examples of retailers that had it?

as LOTR:TCG is my first FFG product (soon to be followed by SW...my grad school restricted budget won't be happy!)...is seems odd to me that retailers are saying this releases 2 days from today and FFG has been mum on the subject.

does FFG typically have "surprise" releases like this for their other games? or could it be GenCon is somehow the culprit?

ClydeCloggie said:

Both the Carrock and Osgiliath quest were added to the Quest Log today; so apparently they will see action at GenCon.

Good eye clyde! You should have no problem hunting down Gollum with those ranger senses of yours.

Good find!

Conflict at the Carrock uses following encounter cards: Journey Down the Anduin, Wilderlands (Hill Trolls!) and Conflict at the Carrock

Massing at Osgiliath uses only its own encounter cards (!?!). Considering that PoD-Packs (Death Angel) so far had only 18 cards that makes quite a slim encounter deck...

As there are no other quests included in the quest log there most prolly wont be any other expansion packs introduced at Gen Con I guess...

Shelfwear said:

Massing at Osgiliath uses only its own encounter cards (!?!). Considering that PoD-Packs (Death Angel) so far had only 18 cards that makes quite a slim encounter deck...

Has there been an announced limit on the number of cards that will be in any POD set? Not sure you can make a deduction from what Death Angel had and what M@O will have.

It's just my assumption, there are just two PoD sets released so far, both have around 18 cards. Really dont know how much MaO will have but after deducting 3 (?) quest cards and maybe one rule card (?) there wont too many cards left. I guess it will have less than 30 cards in total, thats just a gut feeling (considering the fact that a normal expansion set contains 29 encounter cards).

Shelfwear said:

It's just my assumption, there are just two PoD sets released so far, both have around 18 cards. Really dont know how much MaO will have but after deducting 3 (?) quest cards and maybe one rule card (?) there wont too many cards left. I guess it will have less than 30 cards in total, thats just a gut feeling (considering the fact that a normal expansion set contains 29 encounter cards).

Good point(s). I would wager that if this is truly the only Encounter deck set for M@O (i.e. the Quest Log isn't incorrect)...these must be some killer encounter cards! :)

According to an email notification, Prunesquallor's Secret Cache just got their shipment of Conflict at the Carrock in, and should be shipping them out tomorrow! sorpresa.gif (United States)

Wow, I'm shocked (and pleasantly surprised) that the August 4th release seems like its real!

Edit: Oh dammit, its going to get here right as I have to leave town for a wedding preocupado.gif

Maelstromgames sells it via ebay.co.uk at the moment (sorry, cant copy link here)

Edit: Wait, it says 18-20 working days estimated delivery. Seems they "sell" pre-orders :(

Shelfwear said:

Maelstromgames sells it via ebay.co.uk at the moment (sorry, cant copy link here)

Edit: Wait, it says 18-20 working days estimated delivery. Seems they "sell" pre-orders :(

yep! that is the only one I saw so far as well myself :(

I have emailed them and they said its only "pre-order" listing.

Narsil0420 said:

It's out! Available for order from the store now!

Cool, how long does the shipping normally take from the UK to Europe? And how much do you pay?

Luck US guys.....

So, far I didn't find any shop in Europe which would have it in stock or deliverable within a short time. sad.gif

i have searched all the German and UK shops through Google, but all say its deliverable within 3-4 weeks or so.

I'll let you know when find a shop guys.

UK shops are receiving copies - I asked at Travelling Man (Manchester) last weekend and they hoped to get a shipment for this week. I've just been to Manchester today to pick up my copy - very small box but very cute.

Slight derail here, but for those of you that have picked up a copy, does the scenario seem complete with just the included quest/encounter cards?

I ask because (and I don't know for certain, not having seen the cards myself), it seems like FFG forgot to print "if the players complete this stage of the quest, they have won the game" on the quest card 2B.

There's a similar thread about this on BGG, but I figure I may as well ask here now that more and more people have gotten their hands on this, and by now people have had some opportunities to play through the quest.  Thanks in advance!

Card numbers are ok, nothing is missing.

And to be sure, if you beat stage 2B (which is a complete nightmare) you would not want to see another stage. 2B is enough :)

guciomir said:

Card numbers are ok, nothing is missing.

And to be sure, if you beat stage 2B (which is a complete nightmare) you would not want to see another stage. 2B is enough :)

Hahahah, awesome.  That makes me all the more excited to play through it!

Lightdarker said:

Slight derail here, but for those of you that have picked up a copy, does the scenario seem complete with just the included quest/encounter cards?

I ask because (and I don't know for certain, not having seen the cards myself), it seems like FFG forgot to print "if the players complete this stage of the quest, they have won the game" on the quest card 2B.

There's a similar thread about this on BGG, but I figure I may as well ask here now that more and more people have gotten their hands on this, and by now people have had some opportunities to play through the quest.  Thanks in advance!

Well, stage 2b actually takes one travel token to complete it, so beyond defeating the trolls you have to quest successfully once.  I got mine today at my FLGS.  Couldn't believe it was in already!  Looks tough.