Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keltheos

Too quiet for a GenCon release?

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering/hoping this might be available at GenCon as a prerelease. With the lack of news updates on it so far I'm not holding my breath...Arkham dice, sure. Rune Age, definitely. Black Crusade, yup. This...probably not.

It was released at GenCon.  I played in a demo and it was so fun I bought it right afterwards.  I love the mechanics.

Yeah, I was busy running events so my FFG booth time was limited. Ran by and grabbed a copy unplayed and have had a blast.

For me, it plays like a quicker version of the Carson City boardgame. Feels very familiar to anyone who's played that particular game. I do like that it's fast as well. We were caught wondering if we'd played something incorrectly when we were done in 40 minutes with a 3 player game. I like that it can stretch out depending on how fast players go to Town Hall and lay out the railroad ties.

Definitely will be a go-to 'we've only got a half hour, what do we play' game. And the art is great as always (love the tiny money).

I thought things were too quiet about this game as well.  Not much here or on BGG.  That does not bode well....

FWIW, a good video review of the game is up on BGG now.  We may not have rules yet, but that review goes a long way towards understanding what the gameplay will be like.