Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
R0gue

Advanced Fighters

Recommended Posts

I would like to confirm the rules with reference to fleet support.  when you get the tech for advance fighters, these will then go towards the fleet control points.  Is it 1 advance fighter per fleet point or x2 advanced fighter per fleet point?  This is the scenario

 

I attacked with x2 carriers (holds 12 fighters x6 per carrier),  but advance fighter does not require carriers.  I lost the carriers now would I loose 9 of the advanced fighters (x1 per fleet command point) or would I loose 6 advance fighters (x2 per fleet command point) 

 

I have 3 fleet command points available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R0gue said:

I attacked with x2 carriers (holds 12 fighters x6 per carrier),  but advance fighter does not require carriers.  I lost the carriers now would I loose 9 of the advanced fighters (x1 per fleet command point) or would I loose 6 advance fighters (x2 per fleet command point) 

 I have 3 fleet command points available.

You'd lose 9 advanced fighters.  The x2 only pertains to the number built per resource spent.  In that scenario, definitely try not to lose the carriers until you are down to three fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R0gue said:

I would like to confirm the rules with reference to fleet support.  when you get the tech for advance fighters, these will then go towards the fleet control points.  Is it 1 advance fighter per fleet point or x2 advanced fighter per fleet point?  This is the scenario

It's 1 FT per Fleet Supply point, not counting those supported by other means, of course.  The good news is you still get to choose which ships go first (usually), so just kill the FT first like you normally would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hugesinker said:

 

You'd lose 9 advanced fighters.  The x2 only pertains to the number built per resource spent.  In that scenario, definitely try not to lose the carriers until you are down to three fighters.

 

 

My advice would be "definitely try not to lose the carriers. Period."

You can always make much more fighters later anyway =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fnoffen said:

Although why one would be down to a fleet supply of only 3 when one has gone all the way down the tech tree to advanced fighters is beyond my comprehension...

Hmmm... if you include the racial techs from SotT, L1z1x could get AF as early as turn 2 (probably not a good move, but very plausible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It's worth noting, however, that you do not lose the fighters until the end of the battle.

Even if a carrier is destroyed during battle, its support capacity remains in the system until the end of the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regnum Mortis said:

Fnoffen said:

 

Although why one would be down to a fleet supply of only 3 when one has gone all the way down the tech tree to advanced fighters is beyond my comprehension...

 

 

Hmmm... if you include the racial techs from SotT, L1z1x could get AF as early as turn 2 (probably not a good move, but very plausible).

Plausible, yes. Probable, not very. Besides. If you have adv. fighters, you'd probably want to have a bunch of them in each system. One, or even three fighters does not make the most effective deterring barrier i.m.o.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Treguard said:

Maybe -just maybe- the situation was hypothetical. lengua.gif

True enough. But why let a good opportunity for discussion go by unmolested? gran_risa.gif

Do I need to mention that I LOVED the new political additions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

possumman said:

 

 It's worth noting, however, that you do not lose the fighters until the end of the battle.

Even if a carrier is destroyed during battle, its support capacity remains in the system until the end of the battle.

 

 

Actually the support capacity applies immediately, not at the end of the battle. Core rules, page 28:

"If a Carrier is destroyed, any Ground Force and PDS units aboard the Carrier are automatically destroyed. Fighter units can survive if the current system has enough capacity to support the Fighters (supplied by either another Carrier, War Sun, or Space Dock)."

Yet another reason to target them carriers ASAP demonio.gif

 

EDIT: you were right. Core rules, page 29:

"Note that a system's Fighter capacity is not relevant during a Space Battle. This means that Fighters participating in a Space Battle can continue to fight even if their Carrier has been destroyed. After a Space Battle has ended, however, Fighter units without sufficient supporting capacity are immediately removed."

I'm sorry about that. Looks like I've been playing wrong until now sonrojado.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Treguard said:

Maybe -just maybe- the situation was hypothetical. lengua.gif

That sentence probably might be true. Or not. Who knows? =P

Anyway, something possible, probable, plausible, not to mention very evil is:

1) L1z1x goes technology first round, taking Inheritance Systems

2) Second round technology (secondary could work if enough resources/discounts) for Type IV Drives.

3) Bring fourth the dreadnought armada

4) Be the target of everyone else in the board (except if Muaat had researched Deep Space Canon and/or Magmus Reactor by now)

5) ?

6) Profit

 

Also, the prereq for AF would already be there, so... why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Fair enough.

Inheritance Systems does seem quite strong but I have only played L1z1x twice now and did poorly but it was before SotT expansion.

The new racial tech and Duranium armour should make a Dreadnought/Destroyer strategy work much better for L1z1x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...