Sign in to follow this  
Umbranus

Writable Character Sheet

Does anyone here know if it is possible to add an additional page for notes to the writable Char sheets?
I have all my chars as pdf formats and can not write down as much as I want because I can't add another page.

If the Adobe Writer is needed, perhaps someone who has it could link an expanded charsheet?

But I found lots of char sheets online which you could fill out but not save afterwards. Those are useless for what I want to do with it.

There are none out there that I know of that allow you to add extra pages to the PDF without at least cracking the thing back open and adding it yourself with something more than Adobe Reader.   There was a pretty sweet fan-produced writable PDF character sheet in heavy use by my group, but sadly the creator stopped playing and to the best of my knowledge has never made an Ascension version of his fairly awesome character sheet.  I wish you good luck in your quest!   If anyone has seen or has made a Ascension DH character sheet similar to Bo Hasle Buur's DH variant sheet you will make me a VERY happy camper if you can point me towards such a thing.

I made my own character sheet at the request of the rest of my group. They all wanted things added that most other sheets hadn't, such as contacts, pets, more weapon slots and armor slots for those that had more than one armor to choose from and didn't want to change in the main window all the time. I think we ended somewhere on 12 pages and then psychic power was not included since we had no one playing a Psyker. Now we have all ascended and I need to make a new one adapted for ascension.

I could make it public if people are interested. It is editable. Most parts of it anyway. I'm the only one in my group who has my chars mainly on pdf so only the parts I've used have editable fields. It's not a hassle to add the other fields too if you want to see it. 

And since I am making a completely new one for ascension I am taking requests if there are something you really need in a character sheet. Or something you thought were really good from an existing one. Or for that matter something that would look cool as background graphics. I'm all ears.

That sounds cool!

For my Sage I would need some Psypowers, lots of space for Skills and Talents, some for Equipment and what I would really love would be a complete page for taking notes.

So essentially all I need would be just the official writable sheet with an additional page with lines to take notes.

ZillaPrime: I haven't stopped playing if you were referring to me. I have had a lot of problems with my computer and old programs no working, making it difficult to opload new stuff to www.annebo.dk oh… and I have a lot less time to do stuff like this.

I have made an Ascension sheet that’s editable and you can save. It can be used for DH as well.
I will try to get my old GoLive working again in my coming holiday, so I can update my site. I will let you know.

Titus Priam said:

ZillaPrime: I haven't stopped playing if you were referring to me. I have had a lot of problems with my computer and old programs no working, making it difficult to opload new stuff to www.annebo.dk oh… and I have a lot less time to do stuff like this.

I have made an Ascension sheet that’s editable and you can save. It can be used for DH as well.
I will try to get my old GoLive working again in my coming holiday, so I can update my site. I will let you know.

WOOOOT!   This is happy news that you are still active.

One change I would make for an Ascension character sheet is making separate writable lines and boxes for Lore skills.  Not all of the ascended careers grant access to all three Lore Masteries and I can't immagine I am the only one that has made a house-rule change to Forbidden Lore Mastery, so at a bare minimum Forbidden Lore would need several writable lines (when someone buys this I give them 6 FL skills or whatever they already know, whatever is greater. Then they can burn 100xp to add another to the set as needed. This eliminates the 500xp to INFINATE GOD-LIKE KNOWLEDGE issue without overly penalizing the brainy characters).   Also adding a "Specialization" box after the +20 skill box would be VERY useful (no idea why this was not on the "official" version).   Several weapon slots are a big hit with my group, since everyone has a large assortment of weapons for different occasions and tactical loadouts.   Space to record 2-3 sets of armour would be cool for the same reason, and a force field stat-block entry near the armour diagram would be very handy.

Ordo, Faction, Background Package, Transition Package....  All very useful info for the top section, along with the usual description.  I would also add separate Homeworld and Origin lines, since some available origins can be from many different kinds of worlds.  Plus it is just better to know that your noble born character is from Scintilla or that your Schola Progenium character grew up on Sepherus Secundus.  Even the more obvious ones like hivers benefit from this info, since characters from Malfi are going to have had very different experiences than someone from Tranch.

Expanded room to keep track of equipment is VITAL and a separate "Implants" section on the gear page would be amazingly handy for several ascended characters.   Heck, our Magos has the capacity to mount 16 mechadendrites if he really wanted to!   Perhaps reduce the amount of space devoted to mutations and add some extra space for details in the Insanity and Corruption tracks.  I LOVE the checkboxes for Sound Constitution advances taken that you added to your 3-pager (very handy for Guardsmen and Arbitrators in particular) and the 3rd page in general is just cool.

Possible "optional" Psy Powers and Faith page(s) at the end would be cool, since only the people that need these pages would have to print them.  One other handy thing to add would be a place to log what career branches and alternate ranks were taken by the character for simple future reference.  I would delete the "XP Spent" section from page 3 and make a stand-alone XP tracker page (again, possibly tacked on at the end) since it usually fills up by about rank 6 and as characters continue to have adventures you can simply add another page when it fills up that way.

OK, that holiday without me getting around to reinstall anything. But now I finally got around to reinstall GoLive which mean that I have uploaded my Ascension Sheet along with an Italian version of my DH sheet.gran_risa.gif
You can find it here.

ZillaPrime: I had finished the sheet before the original post. Working with forms in Adobe Acrobat Pro is very slow work and generally not working that well. So I'm not going to change the design of the sheet. I hope you will like it anyway.

I have been thinking about making a page with Psy Powers, but haven't got around to do it.