Sign in to follow this  
PKDuke

Gears of War Boardgame

I really doubt the game would be taking this long if they were going to just put the Gears of War skin over an older game system. FFG has made quite an effort to incorporate new and fresh mechanics to their games. I'm sure they won't skimp for this game, ecspecially considering how long it has been in the making.

There might be good things to be done with the mechanics of the Gears games, mainly stop and pop, teamwork and a good mix of combat. That being said, I agree that it has it's job cut out for it if it wants to stand out from the crowd. 

The Sundance Kid said:

FFG does not love me.

Still throwing out the idea of pre painted minis, like Tannhauser. Could come out with character and unit packs.

PP's would make it more like a sure buy for me....don't need another game where I have to force my weak painting skills to attempt another grueling,  painful few hours of painting....instead of "playing" the game.

Keggy said:

Maybe there will be something at Gencon?

So I guess Gencon is out of the picture.....................Any news from anyone who wen to Gencon?

Licensed games can be a bear.  The IP owner often wants releases to coincide with their own big release to maximize product awareness.  They also want to ensure that the property meshes well with the IP.

I'm just glad to see that this is still on the calendar.

I think I heard that GOW3 got pushed back from April to next fall, and if the intention was to announce or release around the same time, there could be our problem.

Back to waiting.  corazon_roto.gif