Sign in to follow this  
bobh

Voidship Codex

If anyone wants to participate I'm considering creating a 'Living Codex' of Voidship designs.  The idea would be to have a group of five active FFG Forum participants vet designs and decide on inclusion of designs with the idea that the vetting excludes ships that are 'wierd, grossly overpowered, out of canon by a large margin et cetera'.  Once a ship is accepted for review it will go through an editing process (background, history, fluff and statistics) to get it to a publishable state and then we can put it into a pdf format page with a custom pic.

Need:

Vetting Council Volunteers (five, majority vote required for inclusion of a design).

Artist Volunteers willing to donate time and art for each submission.

Proofreaders and writers, fact checkers and fluff gurus to touch up fluff and background if needed.

Would anyone be willing to help me with this project?

With sufficient interest I'll create a web presence for the project to start and we can agree on a set of rules.  With all the excellent vessel ideas posted to this site I thought it was time to make such a resource for all of us to reference in our games.

I would be happy to join your merry band of councilmen, as one of several (I'm sure) editors and writers, if you'll have me. I think as a fluff-guru there would be little better choice then Lynata, and having No1-H3r3 as a writer would be invaluable considering he is a published FFG writer.

If you're interested, expanding this to include any RT home-brewed items, creatures, vehicles, and (my personal favourite and specialty) Servitors would be fun.

getting the site up only took a few minutes now we need volunteers to form the vetting council.  Two artists right off the bat is a great thing!

Thats an excellent idea bangbang :)

http://voidshipcodex.freeforums.org/index.php

I'm a fan of the KISS principle.  If we can get the voidship codex up and running i'd like to increase the offerings as you have suggested to equipment, components and other items and ideas with the end result being a well done PDF that can be published for free download with original art.

anyone can now register at the site and start contributing.

I'd like to offer vetting positions to at least five people that are well respected on the FFG forums including No1_h3re, Millandson and Lynata if they are interested and have the time.

Is this ship designs totally fan-made or are we working on making up the designs already created for Battlefleet Gothic, but not represented by rules yet for Rogue Trader? I have just downloaded a Compendium of Battlefleet ships (that included the Hawking mentioned elsewhere) and it seems like a good number of ship designs are re-fits or at least very similar to other designs that we do have rules for...or at least can find at other locations. Though I reckon it made sense on a modelling sort of thing since you could then buy a Emperor-class Battleship and then make it another design by simply changing out the bits that go on it.

I am also slowly compiling a list of designs (well...summaries of said designs) for a unique sector called the Drakis Sector (near Prospero, in Segmentum Ultima) where Battlefleet Drakis is mostly made up of a fleet of vessels that was there before the Great Crusade and helped to bring the region under Imperium rule (after a fashion). This fleet had unique vessels with tech not sponsored by the Mechanicum at large and is called the Brotherhood of the Silver Chalice.

Ummm...anyways...I would be happy to help out in any way needed (aside from drawing pictures since I can't do that to save my life)

The idea would be to make the document a fan made affair - but if the vetting council sees merit in a refit - with excellent fluff and such - why say no?  :)

Added Asajev, Errant and Dhyssis (Harkonnen?) as members of the Priesthood

Added BangBangTequila and Millandson as members of the Council

Is there any way that we can, I dunno, nominate bobh for sainthood or something? It just seems like the thing to do at this stage.

Not looking for a council position. Just looking to sit back, submit anything that comes up in my game, and enjoy the ride ^__^

Sounds like interesting background for your vessels vastrix.  Some of my designs are also from a home made Sector called Gades where Wode Forge World is responsible for constructing most of the vessels that sail.

I have signed up as well under the same name here.  I have a few ideas I am working on, with like most Battlefleet Gothic players their own sector fleet ideas happy.gif.

Who specifically wants a position as a Councilor to vet ship submissions?  I have already added Millandson and BangBangTequila as councilors.

The intent is to have at least five vote on a submission with a majority needed for acceptance.  Concerns voiced by a no vote vetting councilor should be addressed by a submitter before resubmission.  We can have more than five councilors but at least five need to review the submission and vote.

Any volunteers?

ngl and Hygric accepted as a councilors for vetting new submissions.

Need at least one more to begin vetting submissions.  We have two submissions ready for councilor questions and suggestions.

• BangBangTequila
  • Hygric
  • MILLANDSON
  • ngl

professor_kylan said:

Is there any way that we can, I dunno, nominate bobh for sainthood or something? It just seems like the thing to do at this stage.

Not looking for a council position. Just looking to sit back, submit anything that comes up in my game, and enjoy the ride ^__^

Haha I missed this post.  I don't know what i'd do with sainthood.  Wear it sometimes maybe.