Sign in to follow this  
Snowman0147

What would make a Adepta Sororitas fall?

A question I would like to ask is what would make a Adepta Sororitas want to quit the Adepta, or have her forcibly expelled from her own orders?  I am not talking about full blown corruption, or going to the deepest parts of radicalism.  I am talking about what would normally just make a sister go either "**** you" to her former adepta, or get her fired.  Is that even possible?

as far as general lore goes sisters don`t get fired (sept when they do but then its with fire)

its more of a inquesitor whoever askes priotest whatever i need a sister of your too do this kind of tasks. sister whats her name seems too be on the local **** list. or is the one best for the job. and hey presto she is pulled aside for work. and in general still see`s herself and is seen as part of the sisterhood.

they do not exsept the ones that do not have the faith for it into the sisterhood. (stated somewhere cant remember where)

being a member is like being a member of a religus warrior, well, sisterhood ones your in your in unless you break the rules (what all of those are i don`t know)

if you do break the rules. forced praying, wips, branding, fire might be infolved if she keeps sinning well then the emerpors mercy might be a good choice (unless a intrested agent of the -][- is around too step in)

redhead22 said:

as far as general lore goes sisters don`t get fired (sept when they do but then its with fire)

I lol'd.  Mostly because I was thinking it as I read it.

If you want her to remain faithful, one possibility is that she might suspect an Inquisitor (that her Order has pledged to assist) is secretly a Radical or Heretic. She would be duty-bound to follow his orders; thus the only way she can try to expose his crimes without dishonouring her Order would be to resign,like a Samurai leaving his Lord in protest and becoming a Ronin...

You can always lead her off the right path... using delicious cake.

Yeah, anyway, I guess the ruinous powers should be involved in here as a factor of ambition. I mean Slaanesh, not cause... well you know what, but because his hordes and deamons take great pleasure in corrupting those most uncorruptable. It is kind of a goal and ambition of powerfull entities in Slaanesh domain. (Keeper of Secret for instance - works just like that) As a story feed you can use the idea of a trial for a Slaneesh servant: you can be my champ, if you manage to corrupt, let's say, a sister of battle. - Dunno yet how, but I know no other god would have real interrest in doing so.  Khorne? would just kill her, Nurgle? Naaah... just... naaah. Tzeentch? No one understands him.

Since they are ridiculously top heavy, you might want to try a tiny uneveness on the floor or ground. That should make them go face first.

But since they have the general body structure of gorillas, then you might want to make sure there are no low branches or cables they can grab with their immense hands.

(never liked the GW/Citadel miniatures or the illustrations. Those people have the same artistic skill as Michelangelo at portraying women)

I'm pretty sure if a sister wears a pink armour, with a white cat on it, she will fired.

Or a pink and black armour: sisters can wear bondage-armours, but not emo-armours!

And a metal-sister would be certainly considered cool but individualistic!

A grunge-sister...I don't know.

What about a sister in sky-blue armor?

Making a Sister fall is the same as any other person fall except it takes a bit more effort.  Sister's are insanely faithful to the Empourer, but that's not to say that after seeing a lot of the horror's of the universe, they can't have their view points changed, and start done the road of what ever it takes to protect the Empourer and his domian.  This is similar to most Inquisitors, they start monodominant puritans and slowly shift towards more radical methods as the horros of the universe start to gather up, even if they are not corrupt.

The_Shaman said:

Why, stranger, hast thou not heard of the most hollye Order of Resplendent Cleansing?

For some reason, their armour is sky blue, with polka dots. Don't ask.

White robes and pink carapace-armors with cat's ears: Divisio Propaganda. Every order has his own.

Pink robes and black armors with pink studs: Order of  Fragile Roses.

Black cloaks and black-spiked-armors with studs: Order of Our Metal Lady. Small order of strange sisters. They pray the Emperor with headbutt! Long hair allowed.

Brown flak-coats, grey-green carapace-chest-armors: Order of Helpless Maidens. Schismatic faction of order of Our Metal Lady. Messy hair allowed.

Agree, I had understood that many Repentia are sisters who have seen or read something that should not to be.

Maybe, some sisters have realized that their death solves nothing.

Mister Zipangu said:

Since they are ridiculously top heavy, you might want to try a tiny uneveness on the floor or ground. That should make them go face first.

That was refreshingly amusing and equally unexpected on these grim-dark serious - mark the Latinate plural form with which I have embellished this repartee of mine - fora. Thank you.

Mister Zipangu said:

(never liked the GW/Citadel miniatures or the illustrations. Those people have the same artistic skill as Michelangelo at portraying women)

There's probably a completely ironic parallel happening there in terms of Michelangelo's portrayals and GW artists considering the background subject matter being vetted and authorised by a misogynistic church to portray their heroines. By artists using or used to using male models or something.  gui%C3%B1o.gif (But yes, they are awful, don't even get started on the fiction... *shudder*)

Anyway, the first steps to heresy always start with questioning the church's motives, politics and activities. The 40K Ecclesiarchy to be succinct, isn't a nice organisation, its upper ecelons being run by political entities concerned with maintaining their power bases, backbiting their equals and conveniently ignoring the fact that the emperor really DID NOT LIKE religions in any shape or form. I think the quote from the crusades ran along the lines "when the last church falls on the last priest". You've got an organisation that is both hypocritical of the entity they worship and doesn't come under any real external scrutiny to justify its existence.

It just is because it says it is.

All it really takes is some kind of objective knowledge of the Ecclesiarchy or circumstantially being on the sharp end of some of the shennanigans they get up too and its not far a stretch to question why. I'd imagine most will lose faith in the church before the emperor, after a while, they probably start to think more of the emperor as a historical entity and not a god.

Not necessarily.

When people lost faith with the Catholic Church, en masse, back during the Reformation, they didn't all become a bunch of aethiests, they became protestants (as an agnostic, it's sometimes hard to tell if aethiests wouldn't have been as bad anyway).

So really, it'd just be another heresy, though one of a somewhat less malevolent sort than daemons, genestealer cults, or whatever else typically usurps the position of the Ecclesiarchy.

A sister who by her faith in Emperor discovers he was atheist?

A Repentia is still a sister who belive in what say the order and church.

A really fallen sister is who thinks the repentia is only a waste of time and life.

I think 'corruption' of one's superiors or the chain of command is always a good place to start when considering leaving any organization.  Walking away from one's 'commit' doesn't necessitate that one's core beliefs has changed.

Picture a devout soldier who follows the rules and does everything they can, to see what must be done is done.  Then picture this same soldier being **** on by their superiors for being 'too' devout, or their actions marginalized by those of authority.  One may have great faith in their god, but see the organization they serve in his name as having become corrupt and ineffective.

It is a tough day indeed when the harsh light of reality illuminates the depths of 'great' and 'powerful' organizations.  Many would make personal sacrifices to see the ideal preserved even in the face of corruption.  Some would try (often in vain) to mend it.  While others might see that the benefits of the corrupt system outweigh the vacuum its downfall would create.

Still others would recognize that the organization is too powerful for them to challenge head on, and that their god would be better served by their continued service than by another martyr.  In this case one if possible simply walks away.  This being 40k there are several opportunities where one could be presumed dead and simply start over.

My take.

Corruption can start at birth. From another post I made.

Imagine a young hulk dweller, their ship rotting around them, rust and fungus all they see. They are "rescued" and sent to an Asepta orphanage and find their way climbing the ranks of the sisterhood. As time passes the cleanliness and sterility of the order houses begin to weigh on their soul. slowly and subtly they begin to dream of rust and decay, of beautiful fungal growths and glow moss, soon they find themselves in the welcoming arms of Nurgle they flee into the night to chase their dreams of finding their old home and their childhood, following Nurgle the whole way.

Just as historical fact, witch hunts and the Inquisition and widespread hunts for heretics did not get started until the Renaissance, which is also when mysogynism really took off, so our Space Middle Ages descriptions are inaccurate. It's actually Space Pop History Middle Ages as Viewed by British Game Designers. happy.gif

Yes, you are right!
If I remember well, even Carlo Magno has said women can't fly or make spells, and many priests in 800 have said witches doesn't exist.