Sign in to follow this  
Curator

Do you guys want big expansions for this game?

I for one want a few big boxes over the years to come. Mainly to add more "rooms" in different themes. Just to add more feeling (Not that it dosent have any) to the game.

In the end it would be kinda fun to develop some kind of long adventure that is made up of alot of scenarios. All pointing towards something. But thats just another thing to do by yourself.

But in shot Big box yes plz...

Bjerlk

Big box for sure and in short period would be nice cause this game is on shelf  already for sometime . We love it and we really enjoy playing it but 5 stories...

So big box full of monsters and one big fat ugly book of stories(and big box for that big fat ugly book alsogui%C3%B1o.gif).

I'm counting on big box expansions!

They have just released a small box, lets hope the next release is a big one! The more thematic they can make it the better, and more custom boards, monsters, tokens, etc the better! I'm ready to buy, now where do i send the money?

Yes, we love this game. We would like a big expansion. I like the PoD, but is a water drop for our thirsty body. We would like a big expansion with more monsters, tiles, card, and adventures (the main point)

Big boxes would be welcome, and I'm sure we don't really need to pray for them gui%C3%B1o.gif but more stories using/combining the already existing components would be cool.

I still haven't played, but it feels many of the materials you use for one adventure are not used anymore, unless you replay it with a different storyline. Taking into account that here in Spain the game retails at 80 € (115$ !!!!), replayability is a big issue, and since having to buy independent one-shot PoD stories may not be the best distribution method overseas, I certainly hope there could be small sized expansions with more scenarios and a few new tiles and colorful cardboard pieces, just like Arkham Horror.

I understand that "a few new tiles", given the size of the rooms, may not qualify for "small expansions", but a 29,95$ expansion with a couple of investigators, some cards and a tile or two PLUS, let's say, an additional 3 stories, sounds fine. Then the 49,95$ (at least preocupado.gif) expansions could include more monsters and bigger tiles, just like the big AH/Descent ones. In any case, I wish the game great success (though I would have liked more dice use!).

$15 USD for a single adventure with around 30ish new cards is not a high point for this game.

Go big or go home. There has to be better value than what has been revealed so far. I would much rather pay $50ish for several new scenarios, new investigators, a tile or two, a handful of new monsters than $15 USD for a single adventure with some fairly thin quality cards. It is a nice adventure however so I dont want to seem too negative about it, but the bottom line is that the value stinks.

In this case, POD is 'FFG latin' for POS.

YES! without question. Season of the witch seems like a cool start. But, I would like to see more in Mansion of Madness expansions in the future. more rooms, more quest, more monsters, and more  investigators.

In essence, my perfect expansion for Mansions of Madness would have:

three to four more investiators

five to ten more Monsters

two to twelve rooms

three more stories

and nine to twelve more overlord cards

I would also like to see at least two, good size expansion for Mansion of Madness. They should use expansion for "Descent:Journeys in the dark" and "Arkham Horror" as examples

Absolutely Big Box! The reason I bought into this game was for the tangible aspect of having investigators and monsters, to just have 'card' based expansions well there's other games that do that. Not that there isn't a place for that and I'll probably pick up Season of the Witch but I got to say I was a little disturbed that this was the first expansion. Bring on the new floor plans and models!

It seems like we all want a bigger expansion for Mansion of Madness, hopefully Fantasy Flight is paying attention  to this, for it never hurts to know what your customers want.

Fantasy Flight Games are known to support their games with steady expansions. They are the best in terms of improving and expanding on their games. Not releasing big box expansions for MoM would be a shame because this game is a gem and the target audience is bigger due to its faster play time and simplified (yet beautiful!) combat mechanic.

The Mission "expansion" is disappointing to be honest. I hope they are not going to settle with this kind of expansions for the game. I am looking for more Investigators, more monsters, more tiles/rooms, more exploration cards (items/equipments) and more puzzles which should come with at least another 5 stories to explore.

Also, I am looking for expanding on game play. Like adding a new element to the game which means not only the game is going to be expanded content wise, it should be expanded game play wise. Think of what Road to Legend expansion did to Descent! Having a big story which consist of 5 normal stories with Cthulu in the end of it is going to make me a happy guy!

FFG also must consider that with new investigator I betcha people are going to buy those pre-painted AH investigators. I know I did buy the 8 pre-painted investigators for MoM.

I think that the mix of monthly (bi monthly) PoD scenario packs with 1-2 big expansions a year would be a great way to keep this game fresh. I also liked the idea mentioned of a "campaign" scenario set.

Keep those expansions coming!

Have been trying to figure out new kind of puzzles for the game. The ones that are in now are too easy i.m.h.o. But at the same time they should be puzles that are easily customizable.

Tangram and wooden puzzles are kinda out on that front.

Math ones?

Wierd languages?

Maybe water ones similar to electrical but water can only flow in a certain direction?

Marble ones?

Labyrinth ones that you only see a part of the maze as you use points to move one step at a time?

Builda model from a chart in time?

But I would like to see some kind of 3d version of a puzzle...

I like the way you are thinking.  The first couple times we played the puzzles it was cool and different, but after a few stories they became somewhat repetitive.  Still a great concept, but they need to be more customizable, so each one is unique.

Sebastian DuArgo said:

You should put out a stylized egg timer for the puzzles as well.  Purple sand, covered in tentacles.

You win the thread!

That would be excellent addition but sadly unrealistic lengua.gif

Maybe when a collector edition comes out?