Sign in to follow this  
Julia

New Ally card with Ghouls at the Miskatonic

Here the news. Not so sure I'm happy about this. I mean, basically, I don't care, but I don't like that much when things are mixed in this way. Sounds a little too commercial, to me at least

Julia said:

Here the news. Not so sure I'm happy about this. I mean, basically, I don't care, but I don't like that much when things are mixed in this way. Sounds a little too commercial, to me at least

Yeah.  Not buying this :') (Unless people say the book is amazing I suppose).

It may work to get me to buy the book, considering:

1. I have too many books to finish so otherwise would have been on the fence.
  2. I need new Arkham stuff. NEED it.

It's a nice little offer that they didn't have to do, and what better way to get this new work off the ground?

I <3 anything Arkham. Especially if it adds anything to my game, regardless of how small. I already feel incomplete by not getting the stuff at the Arkham Nights event. I don't know if I could stand to miss out on an ally card.

Im currently not reading anything, so im happy to give the novel a try and see what the author is like

and get the ally card as a nice bonus

the card will be come a collectors item one day :)

Hmmmm, maybe. I enjoyed some of Graham McNeill's work for Warhammer 40K, but I got a little fed up with the 40k line as a whole. The prospect of a AH novel by his hand doesn't seem too bad, though I doubt it'll be anything more than light pulp. This Ally shenanigan might pull me over.

The big question is if this promotion applies to a European like me? I've seen all too many promotions that exclude us folks from Ye Olde Worlde.

I might be swayed to purchase a book if the offer was for Daoloth and Newthulhu. As is an ally isn't enough. I'll purchase (or not) the book on it's own merits.

I enjoy a good tie-in, and the prospect of new AH cards - even a minor ally - sounds like a lot of fun!  I've been needing a new book series to read anyway, now that I've cleaned out my Lovecraft collection several times.  Sold!

It does seem a bit of a cash in - but I will be buying it, as I want everything Arkham Horror related. 

I'm hoping the redemption offer is a global offer, not just a US thing.

I wouldn't have bought the book otherwise, as from the first few chapters I've read online it's not particularly well written.

Not a great fan of fan of this kind of release, but no one needs to buy it who doesn't want it.

Hamu said:

The big question is if this promotion applies to a European like me? I've seen all too many promotions that exclude us folks from Ye Olde Worlde.

Yes, that was my first thought too. Anybody from FFG willing to field this one?

Jake yet again said:

Hamu said:

Yes, that was my first thought too. Anybody from FFG willing to field this one?

I'm hoping so as Thaad posts replacement bits to anywhere on planet Earth, but it will cost them international postage.

Otherwise it's Ebay.

Might have been cheaper for them to have put an ally card in the back of each book.