Sign in to follow this  
greybinder

What happened to all of the old familiar faces?

Stag Lord said:

Plus standard is just more interesting to talk about - it is a deeper, richer, more complete gaming experience.

its hard to talk about LCG maeningfully because there just isn't a lot of depth there yet - and won't be until the summer when the King's Landing stuff has really cycled in.

Here's something to try: LCG card pool for draw deck, Standard card pool for plot deck.

We stumbled upon that recently and it is AMAZING just how much deeper and richer the LCG experience becomes with just a wider choice of plots - one of the truly distinguishing mechanics and features of this game.

Stag i'm not sure why you keep having to relog in. I log in on 3 different computers and rarely have to re log in. might it be an issue with your cookies settings?

ktom said:

Stag Lord said:

Plus standard is just more interesting to talk about - it is a deeper, richer, more complete gaming experience.

its hard to talk about LCG maeningfully because there just isn't a lot of depth there yet - and won't be until the summer when the King's Landing stuff has really cycled in.

Here's something to try: LCG card pool for draw deck, Standard card pool for plot deck.

We stumbled upon that recently and it is AMAZING just how much deeper and richer the LCG experience becomes with just a wider choice of plots - one of the truly distinguishing mechanics and features of this game.

Say! That's not a bad idea.

Hmm... that is strange that you have to log in so often, Stag. I'm not sure I remember the last time I've had to log in from this computer.

Hmm... good thought on the Standard plots. If only we didn't have so many new people or people starting over here. I don't think I could talk them into doing Standard plots. That does make me think though, that it would be nice to see a chapter pack that was rather heavy on the plots. For being such a defining and unique feature of the game, we're woefully limited. The possibilities and options they provide really need to be a focus for newer players.

Kennon said:

Hmm... that is strange that you have to log in so often, Stag. I'm not sure I remember the last time I've had to log in from this computer.

Hmm... good thought on the Standard plots. If only we didn't have so many new people or people starting over here. I don't think I could talk them into doing Standard plots. That does make me think though, that it would be nice to see a chapter pack that was rather heavy on the plots. For being such a defining and unique feature of the game, we're woefully limited. The possibilities and options they provide really need to be a focus for newer players.

What if you went with just the uncommon standard plots - I assume you have enough of those to give away to the new/returning players - so, by eliminating the rare plots, you'd still be bringing a lot more options to the table.   

JerusalemJones said:

Well, they could always just allow all the plots from the 5 Kings Starter. Aren't there a few of each of the MB/IG/PS plots in there? Even if the rares weren't allowed, I'd be happy with the uncommon ones.

Weren't all the uncommon plots from 5KE in the starter, plus RBD and Wildfire?

According to Tzumainn's site, there are 13 uncommon plots in 5KE, so all but one plot would be in the starter. I don't remember of Conventions of War was in the starter or not -- if not, then all the traited plots then would be in the starter. But that would give the environment 4 more of each plot type, and make the LCG environment more friendly to cards based off those plots. Also, if we included the common and uncommon Kingdom locations, same thing. This would work to make Mance Rayder even better.

I am a rather new player and sometimes I enjoy the limited card pool of LCG. Playing standard for me means that I have to learn about 1000 cards. On the other hand playing LCG only makes a lot of cards in the chapter packs useless. Wouldn't it be a nice compromise to play a format where all cards from 5KE would be legal but not the ones from ITE? The card pool would probably allow some decent deck building on the other hand it wouldn't be too overwhelming for starting players.

You can play whatever you want. If your meta wants to play LCG + 5KE you can allow it and enjoy it. If you want to play LCG only, you can do it as well. I think that it is just up tu you and your friends from meta to deciede what cards to allow to play with. We play with ITE+ simply beause most of the people already have those cards and for the new players (very few I have to say) we can lend them some C and U and sometimes some Rares too and they play with us.