Sign in to follow this  
csabesz

Daemon Hunter table of contents

So is a Grey Knight 8 ranks of imperial psyker-> 1 rank of grey knight whatever, or are they just a deathwatch style 13K for rank 1 character?

Veroldindir said:

Kain McDogal said:

Wonder why they didn't bring out the GK-stats under the DW flag, is this a way to force the buyers to cross over to another game-line or are the stats really usable for both systems?

With 13K xp they are on par with the DW SM, but they also have to buy psychic powers from this points, so they can't be more powerful than an "ordinary" Librarian. What about their weapons, are they similar to the original stats from DW or are they the nerfed down hit-ones-in-a-moon-and-waste-a-lot-of-ammo SB from the optional errata rules?

Hope I will get my copy next week.

The Grey Knights storm bolter is damage wise, per the errata 'optional' rules (1d10+9X), however the ROF and pen still retains the original storm bolter from DW. I would assume other weapons (incinerator, psycannon, etc), are scaled in accordance to the errata rules stat wise as there are no other weapons in the Grey Knights arsenal that you roll higher than a 2d10+XX damage.

I have never heard of this "optional" errata rules... 

can someone please elaborate?

Rex Tauron said:

I have never heard of this "optional" errata rules... 

can someone please elaborate?

They are referring to the new optional weapon errata here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/deathwatch/news/faq/Deathwatch%20Living%20Errata%20v1-1.pdf

In most cases it's just "averaging" the damage by replacing 1d10 with something in the middle, resulting in less max, but more min damage (example: 2d10+5 becomes 1d10+9). It also supposedly fixes the semi-broken heavy bolter, though, something which a lot of players and GMs alike complained about on the DW forum. I've heard that there are a few problems with some other weapons now, but it doesn't seem to be as big an issue as the old HB was. The DW players would surely know more about that though (or just take a stroll through their sub-forum).

Hey Veroldindir,

any chance you could tell me what the pyroclast is. I assume it either an elite cleric advance with a nasty penchant for flamers, plasma and melta weapons or a specialized "pyro" psyker advance.

Deinos said:

So is a Grey Knight 8 ranks of imperial psyker-> 1 rank of grey knight whatever, or are they just a deathwatch style 13K for rank 1 character?

DW style. 13K starting. The whole section is largely structured like Deathwatch character generation, the psychic powers being a notable exception (somewhat of a hybrid between the DH system and RT/DW).

Quartermus said:

Hey Veroldindir,

any chance you could tell me what the pyroclast is. I assume it either an elite cleric advance with a nasty penchant for flamers, plasma and melta weapons or a specialized "pyro" psyker advance.

Guardsman alternate, available starting Rank 5. Centers around the concept of holy flame purging the unclean. Advances largely center around Faith and Flamers. Several new Talents.

1) Blessed Flame: treat all Flame weapons as Sanctified; the character may use an Adeptus Astartes Incinerator w/o any penalty

2) Flames of Faith: The character counts as having Psy Rating 3 when using Psyflame Ammunition.*

*Targets suffer -5 to avoid the attack for every point of Psy Rating the user has.

Hm, are there rules for Grey Knight personal teleporter backpacks, if yes are there any disadvantages to using them (unlike in the TT) and how much of their rules is related to the fact that Grey Knights are Psykers?gran_risa.gif

Meridien said:

Any information on Cult Stalkers, Fate Eater or Agent of Re. 26 are?

Cult Stalkers are infiltrators that "join" a suspect group and attempt to bring it down from within. Open to Arbitrators and Scum at Rank 1. New Talent called Cult Briefing. Confers benefits based on the type of cult the PC wants to specialize in (ie.. political, heretek, pleasure, blood, etc)

Fate Eaters are humans that have no destiny. However, by killing other people they can "consume" the fate of the deceased. Mechanically, you gain Dark Soul, -1 FP and no Divination. However, whenever the PC is involved in the killing of an important individual (bascially, someone with FPs), the PC may roll on the Divination chart and gain the result (you must reroll duplicates).

Agents of Reliquary 26 are tasked with tracking down artifacts that may be of use to the Ordo Malleus. Available to any Career starting at Rank 4. The PC must find an item of Near Unique or Unique availability and turn it over to his/her inquisitor or the Reliquary before entering this Rank. Before embarking on a mission, the PC rolls on a chart to determine what artifact the Reliquary has given him/her to employ in the field. Gear ranges from Hellrifles to Jokaero-modified lasguns to Psyocculums, etc.

Mjoellnir said:

Hm, are there rules for Grey Knight personal teleporter backpacks, if yes are there any disadvantages to using them (unlike in the TT) and how much of their rules is related to the fact that Grey Knights are Psykers?

Yes. Unfortunately, no Availability is provided (the same goes for the Brotherhood Banner). Requires Pilot (Personal); doubles base Movement and ignores obstacles. With a Hard (-20) Navigation (Stellar) test, a character may travel between planetary bodies and ships. Distance depends on Psy Rating. A Rank 1 (Psy Rating 2) Grey Knight can travel to low orbit and back. This scales up to Psy Rating 8+, by which point you can travel across an entire solar system.

Sebashaw said:

Are there terminator armour for normal people?

Malleus Terminator Armor: Ap 12 (all); Unique Availiability. Largely the same stats as Astartes Terminator armor (Auto-Stabilized, +30 to S, 35 Rating Forced Field, etc). Any Daemon striking a character wearing this armor suffers 1d5 damage ignoring Armor and Toughness (the same rule applies to Malleus Power Armor).

ddunkelmeister said:

Malleus Terminator Armor: Ap 12 (all)

Civilian Terminator Armour for Inquisitors with their Civilian Bolters. *scnr*

What occurred to me - is the book following the pre- or post-5E-style in terms of Grey Knights daemon-proximity and Malleus equipment?

Sidenote: I've now ordered Daemon Hunter (and BFK) from FFG directly, seeing that amazon is incredibly slow with P&P books and has let me wait for BFK since it was released. Both books were already dispatched and are currently en route - so as a small advice for anyone trying to get Daemon Hunter online, the safest bet seems to order from FFG directly. They're really quick!

ddunkelmeister said:

Yes. Unfortunately, no Availability is provided (the same goes for the Brotherhood Banner). Requires Pilot (Personal); doubles base Movement and ignores obstacles. With a Hard (-20) Navigation (Stellar) test, a character may travel between planetary bodies and ships. Distance depends on Psy Rating. A Rank 1 (Psy Rating 2) Grey Knight can travel to low orbit and back. This scales up to Psy Rating 8+, by which point you can travel across an entire solar system.

Many thanks. Do I understand it right, that someone who is not a Psyker could still use the higher movement and ignore obstacles but would be unable to use it to travel into orbit or farther?

The Terminator armour sounds like it could become standard issue for Inquisitors in Deathwatch. Which leads me to something I always wondered about since getting the Codex Daemonhunters. What the warp would a female Terminator armour look like?gran_risa.gif

2 questions for Daemon Hunter owners:

1) Is DH worth buying when I only play Deathwatch [i mean are Gk alone worth that purchase and is there more to use than GK?]?

2) Is it woth buying just for Malleus fluff?

The agent of reliquary 26's special issue chart mentions a condemner boltgun and a single silver stake, yet I find no mention of either in the Armory section. Was this left out accidentally, or are they referring to wargear from one of the other books?

bmaynard said:

The agent of reliquary 26's special issue chart mentions a condemner boltgun and a single silver stake, yet I find no mention of either in the Armory section. Was this left out accidentally, or are they referring to wargear from one of the other books?

Here we go again! I don't know how they manage to always forget such things, like in BoM. The crucial typos most often appear in the Weapons Tables (or they are left out at all).  I can't remember this much typos under the Drug entries but this would explain a lot.

I've skimmed most of the posts and haven't found the answer I'm looking for, or the question asked for that matter, so here goes:

What about spelling? Looking at the Ordo Sicarius PDF they released it looked as if there were some glaring errors, Sicarius Training vs. Sicarius Tutoring, and Inquiry requiring... Inquiry and the same with Shadowing, were these fixed or are they still in?

From past experiences, I say it is save to assume that the product will include a full load of typos and other errors.

FFG repeats this mistake over and over again.
They are aware of it
They do not seem to care.

...but I guess we will get a shiny new art gui%C3%B1o.gif It is not like they would not pay people to do something... they are simple "style over substance".

So far its not a bad little book, but it is in desperate need of a web enhancement, downloadable versions of the character and deamon sheets and an errata,Grey Knights need squad mode abilities.