Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
csabesz

Daemon Hunter table of contents

Recommended Posts

The book is supposedly out (I have no idea where, but most probably in the US at some stores) and PrimarchX over at the dakkadakka.com forums was kind enough to post the table of contents. So without further ado, here it is:

Daemon Hunter Table of Contents

Chapter I - The Ordo Malleus
The Enemy Beyond
Origins
The Calixian Malleus
The Masters in Council
Holdings
Scholariate at Arms
The Roots of the Scholariate at Arms
Structure
Calixian Incursions
The Bloodwrath Incident
The Fall of the House of Ios
The Protasian Breach
The Purging of Camp 109
Acolytes of the Ordo Malleus
Extreme Measures

Chapter II - Hunter Careers
Ordo Malleus Background Packages
Corporeal Sanctification
Daemonic Vanquisher
Fate-eater
Host-Bound
Orod Maleus Career Ranks
Agent of Reliquary 26
Banisher
Cult-Stalker
Daemonym Seeker
Ordo Sicarius Initiate
Pyroclast
Techsorcist
Theomancer
Ordo Malleus Cell Directives
Using Cell Directives
Cell Directives Format
Carta Extremis Hunters
Reliquary Retrieval Strike Team
Scholariate Fatestalkers
Ordo Malleus Retinue

Chapter III - Malleus Armoury
Ranged Weapons
Melee Weapons
Armour
Force Fields
Field Rules
Gear, Tools, Drugs and Ammunition
Anointed Weapons
Creating Anointed Weapons

Chapter IV - Daemonic Incursions
The Nature of Daemons
Role Playing Daemonic Threats
Daemonic Entity Creation
The Ruinous Powers
Gifts of the Ruinous Powers
Slaanesh
Nurgle
Khorne
Tzeench
Daemonic Beastiary
Daemonic Weapons

Chapter V - Grey Knights
Grey Knights in Your Campaign
Origin of the Grey Knights
Grey Knights in the Calixis Sector
Grey Knights in Dark Heresy
Creating a Grey Knight Character
Grey Knight Advancements
Space Marine Implants
General Grey Knight Career
Grey Knight Career Advances
Grey Knight Psychic Advances
Grey Knight Specializations
Strike Squad Grey Knight
Purgation Squad Grey Knight
Grey Knight Purifier
Grey Knight Psychic Discripline
Grey Knight Wargear
Rare and Precious
Nemesis Force Weapons
Armour
Other Equipment
Grey Knights in Campaigns
Character Strength
Interludes
Grey Knight Ascension Campaigns
Daemon Record Sheet

 

Also, if you've got it, then it's first impressions/at a glance review time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

csabesz said:

Chapter II - Hunter Careers

(...)
Banisher
Techsorcist
Theomancer
(...)

These are of most interest to me at the moment. One of my two groups decided that they do want to confront daemons in their games (as the cp involved are not what they want to gather), but offering some of them the options to undone warpinfluence is a very good thing... especially as I told them that they will happen to stumble about something sometimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I'm most curious about the GK stats and if they are compatible with DW. My guess is No, because DW and DH use different Psychic Rules and to avoid that GK being overpowered to other DH-characters their abilities and gear need to be nerfed down as well.

As there seems to be a lot of equipment in it I hope there won't be so much typos as in the last FFG-publications. I can forgive any errors in the text and descriptions but why must they always crop up in the tables?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kain McDogal said:

I'm most curious about the GK stats and if they are compatible with DW. My guess is No, because DW and DH use different Psychic Rules and to avoid that GK being overpowered to other DH-characters their abilities and gear need to be nerfed down as well.

Well, they already said in the previews that GKs will come with two distinct rulesets depending on where you want to use them, so they will be available for both DH as well as DW.

As far as the nerfing goes, it's really not like they wouldn't have done that already to other careers for the sake of playability. I'd say it comes down to how they really work and feel both in relation to other characters as well as the enemies they face rather than just looking at cold numbers and printed words - just wait and see.

 

The table of contents looks interesting - even if my curiosity for the Malleus is limited, it sounds like the book would come with a lot of useful stuff, up to and including more on daemons and corruption. If I find a place to actually order it, I shall acquire this one. Thanks for (re-)posting that index!

I wonder if the book is "up to date" in terms of all the daemonic stuff in the new GK Codex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siranui said:

 Grey...Knight PCs...in non-ascended DH games...?

Does

Not

Compute

*bzzzzztfizzle*

 

I have the book, and while there are (semi-)distinct rulesets for use in DH and DW, rank 1 for a Grey Knight starts at 13k xp.  You won't be getting Grey Knight level 1 acolytes from this book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gathrawny said:

I have the book, and while there are (semi-)distinct rulesets for use in DH and DW, rank 1 for a Grey Knight starts at 13k xp.  You won't be getting Grey Knight level 1 acolytes from this book.

This makes me very happy. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gathrawny said:

Siranui said:

 

 Grey...Knight PCs...in non-ascended DH games...?

Does

Not

Compute

*bzzzzztfizzle*

 

 

 

I have the book, and while there are (semi-)distinct rulesets for use in DH and DW, rank 1 for a Grey Knight starts at 13k xp.  You won't be getting Grey Knight level 1 acolytes from this book.

This is good news.  Grey Knights are the badddest of the bad and I was struggling to see hw they would go alongside a Rank5 Scum for example.

Phew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder why they didn't bring out the GK-stats under the DW flag, is this a way to force the buyers to cross over to another game-line or are the stats really usable for both systems?

With 13K xp they are on par with the DW SM, but they also have to buy psychic powers from this points, so they can't be more powerful than an "ordinary" Librarian. What about their weapons, are they similar to the original stats from DW or are they the nerfed down hit-ones-in-a-moon-and-waste-a-lot-of-ammo SB from the optional errata rules?

Hope I will get my copy next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kain McDogal said:

Wonder why they didn't bring out the GK-stats under the DW flag, is this a way to force the buyers to cross over to another game-line or are the stats really usable for both systems?

With 13K xp they are on par with the DW SM, but they also have to buy psychic powers from this points, so they can't be more powerful than an "ordinary" Librarian. What about their weapons, are they similar to the original stats from DW or are they the nerfed down hit-ones-in-a-moon-and-waste-a-lot-of-ammo SB from the optional errata rules?

Hope I will get my copy next week.

 

The Grey Knights storm bolter is damage wise, per the errata 'optional' rules (1d10+9X), however the ROF and pen still retains the original storm bolter from DW. I would assume other weapons (incinerator, psycannon, etc), are scaled in accordance to the errata rules stat wise as there are no other weapons in the Grey Knights arsenal that you roll higher than a 2d10+XX damage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gathrawny said:

 

 

I have the book (...),



Excuse you me for coming back at you, but my lingering essence in this topic told me you have access to so many answers I am so impatient to get.
Thereby, forgive me for pestering you with the following questions:

- What is the "Banisher" like?
- What is the "Theomancer" like?
- What is the "Techsorcist" like?

In addition, my humble apologizes to the creatore of the topic for hijacking it in order to quench my burning thirst for wisdom.

Your oh-so-humble fellow forum-user

Gregorius21778

P.S: Pretty-pretty-please........ angel.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veroldindir said:

 

 

 

 

 

The Grey Knights storm bolter is damage wise, per the errata 'optional' rules (1d10+9X), however the ROF and pen still retains the original storm bolter from DW. I would assume other weapons (incinerator, psycannon, etc), are scaled in accordance to the errata rules stat wise as there are no other weapons in the Grey Knights arsenal that you roll higher than a 2d10+XX damage.

 

 

 

 

Praise the holy Emperor! His wisdom guided the Mechanicus of the FFG-forge to invent the proper instruments to cleanse the galaxy from daemon-scum.

In fact I like the new Bolter Damage (1D10+9X) it's only 2 points lower than the average of the original and when it comes to dice I'm always on the losing side, so a higher fixed damage works better for me. For the same reason I really hated the new ROF because even with BS 70 I always hit with only 2 shots, but this is nothing to worry about in Daemon Hunter and I hope this will end the discussion about the optional stats. Maybe we will get the DW errata 1.2 soon, this time with the old ROF or even better FFG will relist all Weapon tables from DH, DW and RT. Oh, I start to fantasize, better calm down now.

Otherwise this will start the old SoB-weapons-should-be-as-good-as-SM anew and this time they are even in the same game. Let's get ready to rumble!

 

Oh I really, really, really  can't wait now

 

One last questions about the Aegis Armour: Are there also stats for Terminator or only for normal power armour?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kain McDogal said:

Veroldindir said:

 

 

 

 

 

The Grey Knights storm bolter is damage wise, per the errata 'optional' rules (1d10+9X), however the ROF and pen still retains the original storm bolter from DW. I would assume other weapons (incinerator, psycannon, etc), are scaled in accordance to the errata rules stat wise as there are no other weapons in the Grey Knights arsenal that you roll higher than a 2d10+XX damage.

 

 

 

 

Praise the holy Emperor! His wisdom guided the Mechanicus of the FFG-forge to invent the proper instruments to cleanse the galaxy from daemon-scum.

In fact I like the new Bolter Damage (1D10+9X) it's only 2 points lower than the average of the original and when it comes to dice I'm always on the losing side, so a higher fixed damage works better for me. For the same reason I really hated the new ROF because even with BS 70 I always hit with only 2 shots, but this is nothing to worry about in Daemon Hunter and I hope this will end the discussion about the optional stats. Maybe we will get the DW errata 1.2 soon, this time with the old ROF or even better FFG will relist all Weapon tables from DH, DW and RT. Oh, I start to fantasize, better calm down now.

Otherwise this will start the old SoB-weapons-should-be-as-good-as-SM anew and this time they are even in the same game. Let's get ready to rumble!

 

Oh I really, really, really  can't wait now

 

One last questions about the Aegis Armour: Are there also stats for Terminator or only for normal power armour?

 

 

Well I emailed FFG and he (Martin) said the storm bolter stats in Daemon Hunter were used before the errata for DW was finalized, so they could not stop the printer for Daemon Hunter stats; therefore he suggested using the DW errata stats for storm bolters, which has a lower pen, etc.

Also, the new DW errata for astartes weapons would be the new standard from what I gathered, so we can expect the same stats for Black Crusade traitor marines.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gregorius21778 said:

H.B.M.C. said:

 

Terminator Armour and Dreadknights.

BYE

 

 

Hi H.B.M.C.

you seem to have the book as well, may I ask you some questions?

- What is the "Banisher" like?
- What is the "Theomancer" like?
- What is the "Techsorcist" like?

Banisher is an alternate rank 1 start for clerics, essentially an 'exorcist' type person as they have a lot of anti daemon powers, one that gives additional damage to warp instability tests, one that holds a daemon in place and strips it of daemonic trait. Also more resistant to corruption and insanity from reading heretical/daemonic texts. The Banisher doesn't get all the aforementioned at the start but as they rank up.

Theomancer is a rank 4 psyker elite advance. They are like oracles and focusing on divination. They get to use the emperor's tarot to help them on a skill roll.

The Techsorcist is a rank 6 tech priest elite advance. They really don't get anything special per se. Other than access to more forbidden lores to help them in daemon fighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gregorius21778 said:

Thank you, Veroldindir.

Any new Psyker Powers or Imperial Creed Rituals to battle the daemons?

Perhaps some rules for Exorcimsn?

 

Nothing for rules on excorcism per se. There is an excorcist-like elite advance for the adept or cleric called the Daemonym Seeker, which allows them to gain certain bonuses to combat and damage to daemons by knowing the true name of the daemon, kinda like an excorcist.

 

The only other direct anti daemon psychic powers are for Grey Knights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...