Sign in to follow this  
bislab

Bad dice quality?

My bank account is still reeling from a mighty splurge of buying all the hard back books, modules, vaults and several packages of dice.  This game looks great and I can't wait to run it for my group.  I have one question though for those of you who might have gone this route instead of buying the boxed set:

The 6 packages of dice that I bought ALL had flawed dice in them.  In particular the red stance dice had large cracks and paint splotches that make the icons very hard to read.  Was this typical?

Ally my diff dice (violett) are bad ones, after some seesion they began to get white splashes, now we can hardly read those dice if we role them.

In my experience FFG are really good at replacing dice when there's a quality issue. Contact them at javascript:void(0);/*1308150996730*/ 

(sorry about the link, Chrome doesn't play well with this forum)

I've not had issues with WFRP components but the dice in my Doom boardgame were awful and FFG replaced them really quickly without any fuss.

zwobot said:

I am not living in america and so there is no customer service from FFG for me, but thanks for your advice.

I'm in the UK, and FFG have regularly and repeatedly sent me items that were missing or faulty.  Sen them a mail and ask them.

Of course, this was for non-WFRP related stuff, which seems to be the ugly-step child of their gaming line for support and QC...

While the dice in general are of only average quality, it doesn't appear to be too terribly common for the types of flaws that you've encountered.  I've seen 3 separate sets of the Core Set dice and two individual dice packs and only two out of those dice had flaws (one of the faces of a Characteristic die had a chip near the corner and one Fortune die had an edge that was rough and protruding due to being unevenly polished in the tumbler).

Still, as with any defective product, I'm with the others on recommending you contact FFG about it and ask if they will send you replacements.

Best of luck!