Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Sword

SacTown Mafia... the thread that cannot die!

170 posts in this topic

Hey STM!

Just a friendly reminder that CaliCon 2009 is approaching rapidly.  September 12th and 13th

I know many of you dont have the most recent cards but I do have extra decks available for those of you who are tempted to get back into it...Ronnie, Brando, Matt, Erwo, Jesse, the Kingg <--- is he even still alive?

Anyways, think it over...we miss you guys!  beso.gif  <--- not entirely sure this emoticon is appropriate, oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to the boards, but wanted to let someone out there know that there is a spark of hope for Thrones out here in Sac.

Let's try to get some kind of movement happening out here again. I'm tired of looking and not playing with my cards.

Anyone out there in Sac interested in playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa, the next generation of Sac!

J Mac, last I checked, all of the former sacramento players were out of the game.

If you really like the game though, tell your friends about it, we all used to play at Great Escape Games behind Ross on Howe and Hurley, maybe you can get a new playgroup going there.

And if not, the bay area is still full of players who'd like to throw down with you.  They hold their own con (that I am guilty of not attending) which is supposed to be awesome, and then there is kublacon in burlingame also.

They're all great people and fantastic players, I guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed if you made the trip out there to play.

Good luck man! It truly is a great game, we're all just so dusty and elitist that we couldn't accept change :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

â—Kefkaâ— said:

Good luck man! It truly is a great game, we're all just so dusty and elitist that we couldn't accept change :P

Sounds like an excuse to me. :-)

I understand that FFG left you hanging when the new format came out, but the latest cards in Thrones have a lot of potential that will make the game what it used to be.

As for elitist, I would expect them to adapt to changes, not shy away from a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol.... look at J Mac calling out the STM!!!

BTW, J Mac is cha0s' brother, so he knows about you guys already.... just saying... so you guys don't form a posse to take him out or anything gui%C3%B1o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J Mac said:

â—?Kefkaâ—? said:

 

Good luck man! It truly is a great game, we're all just so dusty and elitist that we couldn't accept change :P

 

 

Sounds like an excuse to me. :-)

I understand that FFG left you hanging when the new format came out, but the latest cards in Thrones have a lot of potential that will make the game what it used to be.

As for elitist, I would expect them to adapt to changes, not shy away from a challenge.

Nice to meet you! Your brother is a cool guy.

But yeah, the game isn't the same.  Sorry, man.  I was kind of rolling with it for awhile because of habit formed interest, but that died out when they banned all of my cards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sad day to find this thread on the second page, think back of the old days of the mafia. When the game was strong, booze was plentyful and a new woman to bed every night.

The days of stories like "3 items." and "What am i suppose do with these?"..still flowed throughout the game's community. Where people who just read our thread and out of the 500 pages , only 2 would be about Thrones. We had many allies and taken over another thread or two.

I look out and see someone new to the area that challenged us, there was a time when we would rally up to beat down the new person til we accepted him and toss him under one of the houses. But now the horns are silent, no banners being called, most of us haven't even spoken since Winter came oh so long ago. It sad really, for all the new faces that the game has brought in none of them have never heard of the old days, of metas from north, south,east and west. Or of DrunkDraft or some of the worst cards ever made, or temptations of a red harlot sweeping through some of the great icons of this game. The creation of the Hoe's guard and so many other groups.

Oh there might a few of older folks left , telling bards stories of a wonderful time in the land of Westeros. But i haven't heard many, Just like the mafia. We are but just a whisper in the wind, and statue now crumbling and covered in vines, a nation that has gone silent.

(I feel like i need a rocking chair,a glass of booze and the bubba stick when telling stories like this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyndwalker said:

(I feel like i need a rocking chair,a glass of booze and the bubba stick when telling stories like this)

You are a crotchety old man, Papito.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KublaCon Update!

 

A Game of Thrones now has 3 superb events scheduled for KublaCon weekend in Burlingame, California for May 29-30.

Saturday 11am-5pm : LCG Joust Tournament, 4-5 rounds of Swiss with a cut to top 8 and single elimination.

Saturday 6pm-11pm : Legacy and LCG CUBE draft! If you have never experienced draft, this is your chance to experience an incredibly fun format. All draft supplies are provided...all you need do show up ready to put your skills to the test. Draft may be the most fun, unpredictable format in Thrones.

Sunday: 10am-4pm: LCG Melee. We will have 3-4 table rounds, with a cut to the final four table. Melee is the ultimate test of skill and awareness. Pit yourself against three opponents at once for some seriously mind-bending and swingy play. There's no telling who will finish atop the midden heap in a melee!

The Ironmen of the Easy Bay would like to invite all California players to this amazing Con. Even if you're not from California, there are many that can attest to the quality and fun of KublaCon. There are so many games to choose from, a weekend spent here will never be boring. Come on, make the trip, you know you want to!

www.kublacon.com

 

If you purchase an advanced weekend pass on or before February 28th, the cost is only $35 for four days of unlimited gaming. The pass gets you into ALL games at the convention, not just Thrones!

SacTown...the time is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might get to go to Kubla.  Someone took my days, but hey! Lo and behold, she was laid off! so I might get them again.

Ahhh, good ol' three items.  And the nickel, and garye racing down the hills of seattle, and card thieves, and cheaters, and people who don't deserve the rat pack, and first turn gathering storm and swing the sword, and the irritating 3 cost greyjoy guy who steals your money, and the big pink monster, and the davis kids, and the todd, and that weird guy who ran fake tourneys and stole the promos, and renly's ghost, and 20 piece chicken mcnuggets, and trading jesse green dreams for rioting, and the Giant card that attaches the eyrie as a weapon, and Eric Lang trying hot wings for the first time, and Erwo's sandwich kits, and Brooks psyching himself up by listening to hoobastank, and 20 player multis, and immediately pulling the cards Keaton traded for online, and Jesse stealing Sean's cards, and our kickass bowler shirts, and trying to siege other threads when ours wouldn't load, and watching Jesse drink prairie-fire shots, and shadowcat when it was cool, and for gods sake...Bronn in the game. 

I am not bitter, and I do not miss the old days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

â—Kefkaâ— said:

I might get to go to Kubla.  Someone took my days, but hey! Lo and behold, she was laid off! so I might get them again.

Ahhh, good ol' three items.  And the nickel, and garye racing down the hills of seattle, and card thieves, and cheaters, and people who don't deserve the rat pack, and first turn gathering storm and swing the sword, and the irritating 3 cost greyjoy guy who steals your money, and the big pink monster, and the davis kids, and the todd, and that weird guy who ran fake tourneys and stole the promos, and renly's ghost, and 20 piece chicken mcnuggets, and trading jesse green dreams for rioting, and the Giant card that attaches the eyrie as a weapon, and Eric Lang trying hot wings for the first time, and Erwo's sandwich kits, and Brooks psyching himself up by listening to hoobastank, and 20 player multis, and immediately pulling the cards Keaton traded for online, and Jesse stealing Sean's cards, and our kickass bowler shirts, and trying to siege other threads when ours wouldn't load, and watching Jesse drink prairie-fire shots, and shadowcat when it was cool, and for gods sake...Bronn in the game. 

I am not bitter, and I do not miss the old days.

 

..... And the Knight of the Shadows a Kinggsguard from the Bay wielding the Black Sword..... Who won the Sansa prize at CapitalCon and received a bag to carry his sorry @$$ home in... I still have that bag and use it weekly for gaming...

I'll be at Kubla, but I'm helping some friends demo their miniatures game (This Quar's War), so I don't know how much Thrones I might get in.    Come visit next to the Endgame booth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will stop by for sure if I make it (probably 60/40 right now trending the right way!) forsure. 

I will also be bringing the cube - we had more people for the cube draft than the normal tourney last year (including a TON of SacTowners). 

Darkness!!!  Darkness all around me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*opens the door slowly...peeks around the corner, lantern held high to cast back the shadows and reveal the silvery cobwebs that festoon this thread*

"Anyone home?"

Hey! Sactown! Is anybody planning on attending KublaCon this year? If so, anyone planning on joining in at the AGOT Regional Championship on Saturday? I hope that some players will read this and decide to give it a go. The players are still amazing people, and we have a pretty great lineup of events. Also, the prize support this year is off the hook!  Regional Power counters, playmats, trophy, card sheets, art prints, pins, product, you name it!

If you are going to be there but don' t have cards and don't have practice, just let us know. We will be bringing lots of competitive decks (modeled after current successful/winning decks) if you want to use one. Just let me or Chaos know, and we'll make sure we meet up to get some practice games in.

Come on guys, it's just a week away...you know you wanna play some Thrones!

Syd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyndwalker said:

Haha nah other way around, Thrones started to suck for us.

 

Which explains why you spent all of Kubla hanging out with Thrones players and begging Chaos to let you talk to his harem of women :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaughingTree said:

Wyndwalker said:

 

Haha nah other way around, Thrones started to suck for us.

 

 

 

Which explains why you spent all of Kubla hanging out with Thrones players and begging Chaos to let you talk to his harem of women :P

AGoT gets you ladies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaughingTree said:

Wyndwalker said:

 

Haha nah other way around, Thrones started to suck for us.

 

 

 

Which explains why you spent all of Kubla hanging out with Thrones players and begging Chaos to let you talk to his harem of women :P

 

No no, The players are cool. The Game just sucks, as for the harem....eh they were not gamer girls not my type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyndwalker said:

LaughingTree said:

 

Wyndwalker said:

 

 

 

 

No no, The players are cool. The Game just sucks, as for the harem....eh they were not gamer girls not my type.

I iz slightly confuzed...

 

U likez gamer gurlz but not con gurlz?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol..... Those were not "con girls" either Laughing Tree.  They were just poor, unsuspecting, friends who had no idea (despite cha0s' best efforts to warn them) where they were headed.  They just wanted to see what cha0s and I were up too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's ok The Knight of Frost (the Wyndwalker) and the Knight of the Shadows (wielding the Black Sword) had a good time playing....... Warhammer: Invasion..... sorpresa.gif

 

But I also REALLY enjoyed playing Thrones again and seeing the whole group of players at Kubla...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0