Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Janacek

How do the Logicians feel about Psykers?

Greetings fellow GMs;

I'm currently running a FFG scenario in which my players have unwittingly come into contact with a group of Logicians (I'm being vague here as I know some of you may play as well as GM so I'm trying not to spoil anything for y'all). The Logicians know that some of the players are psykers not that they're acolytes of the inquisition.  Would the Logicians try and recruit them ? Attack them ? or be indifferent to their abilities, reacting to them solely based on their actions ?  The Logicians leader has great potential for becoming an arch nemesis for the group so trying to play them smart..... 

If the Logicians know that your acolytes are working for the big I a few thing could happen:

1: They hide and wait until the eye of the I passes from them. The logicians are a very secretive group and I don´t see them taking risks when they can avoid it.

2: They try to assassinate the acolytes in some smart and very unfair way. 

3: If they deem the acolytes to be radical or maybe doubting their duty to the Emprah the Logicians may try to reqruit them, this is a very risky move however since if the offer is rejected the situation for the logicians becomes much worse. A rejectoin would probably be followed up by number 2.

I would think that the logicians in general would treat psykers as they treat all science, if they can be made to work for us in overthrowing the Imperium that´s great. But if they can´t we had better kill them or ignore them (the psykers that is).

There was once a logician who tried to reqruit our group, it failed because the acolytes were loyal to their inquisitor and the result was alot of dead people, including the logician cell and anyone they had ever had contact with on that world.

The questions is: do they know that they are sanctioned psykers?

one Rogue Psyker...could happen.

Two rogue psykers... this cannot be a coincidence. 

I would thinkt that they will believe that they most be part of some powerful (but illegal) organization. 

If they believe they are sanctioned...this might blow the cover. After all, how many imperial groups (and sanctions are for imperial groups) would send two psykers on any kind of mission? And a mission it must be... given how (relatively) rare Psykers are, having to in one spot is normally not a coincidence... unless you deal with the Astra TElepathic or any such group.

I have to agree with Gregorius, two psychers in one place is really rare, rare to the point of it would have to be a funded organization.  The logicians would probably try to determine the players loyalties by provoking them with proxies, possible using a local gang to capture and interrogate one of them.

The Logicians are a heretech group and are very secretive and subtle.  I do not believe that they would like psychers terribly much since they are human, and dont need tech to get things done.  If there is a tech-priest in the group they would be more likely to be targeted, but the logicians would be very careful and try to find out exactly what they were doing there and where their loyalties lay.

If they are proven to be radical than they may try to recruit the players, if they are proven to be loyalists than they will probably be ignored or killed.

Hope that helps.

Hiyas!

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS - BEWARE

This is what happened to my group in the Edge adventure.  Just one sanctioned* psyker, tho'. 

The psyker unabashedly displayed his powers with the gangers (& the general Hive populance), & thusly the Logicians took notice.demonio.gif 

After a while, the acolytes got captured & the Logicians (unsuccesfully) interrogated them, including the psyker. 

They (meaning the Chirurgeon) still had their doubts; as far as I could gather from her description, she is quite curious. 

Searching him, they found the brand. After they've found it, most got spooked of the Big I, but the Chirurgeon's obsession with knowledge prevailed.  She got the psyker to the operating table & began to see what made him tick... among other things. 

The other Logicians (the Adept & Co.) began Plan B.

HtH

L

*I have a couple of Wyrds in the group who are quite paranoid!  The psyker got wind of them using their powers...demonio.gif

Generally i dont think the Logicians have any grudges against Psykers, may have against individual psykers, but they may be able to utilize the psykers powers for new inventions, i believe the Logicians invented the Psy gun in Radicals handbook.

So based on the psykers usefullness to the Logicians course at the moment they may react with kind or hostility.

I would say that unless the group is a direct threat the logicians wouldn't kill them (could cause too much attention especially if they are sanctioned). If they are deemed usefull to the cause they can be tested and then recruited (if they are rich, contains higly intelligent members, Contacts etc).