Sign in to follow this  
inquisitor6

'Edge of Darkness' Help Needed

Hey there folks...

I need some help for fixing up 'Edge of Darkness' for a run this weekend.

I will be running it with 4-6 players (so let's say 5) at Rank 2.

How would people reccommend I adjust the adventure, & what overall changes do you think best for it overall?

Anything you can throw me would be appreciated, as I am still pretty new to running DH and don't really have the encounter difficulty/modification thing down. 

Thanks!

Hi Inquisitor,

first and foremost: relax! happy.gif

"Edge of Darkness" is a really nice on to start with. I would not do any major twisting. Only thing one should have in mind is the "layout" of the Almshouse..which is unfortunately not provided.

Either, come up with your own or have a look for some fan-made maps. If none are posted here / linked here, have a look on "the Internet". I would normally check www.darkreign40k.com, but the site is currently under maintenance.

Hey, that's the adventure I ran with my players. It's a great adventure to start off with. My main advice, other than what Gregorius has said, it to keep your enemies flexible. If your PCs are being entirely too successful don't be worried to send some Logician hit squads to try and give your players a challenge. As your foes control the local authorities, scaling the opposition is quite easy. For the final battle don't worry to unleash all those monsters in the tanks as well. I held back on that and thus the finale was a bit anti-climatic. Start easy  but don't be afraid to get deadly if the situation calls for it. If you go a bit over board your players have fate points to make up the difference.

Also, reward your players for creative ideas. There are a lot of different places the PCs can discover information on the conspiracy so try and plan for a few different options. 

Oh, and one final thing: try and prepare something for that halftrack the enforcers can use. I didn't expect my players to end up having to face it in battle so I had to quickly make up something with the cover rules behind the scenes. If you have Into the Storm you can use those vehicle rules and if you don't you can use the Vehicles Apocrypha that's available at Dark Reign if I recall correctly. 

Just adjust the number of "grunt" bad-guys so that they outnumber the PCs. I ran this module for a party of high-third-level characters using twice the number of "red-eyes", and it worked out pretty well.

Hello. I just ran this myself and it was pretty great for my players.

Gregorius21778 said:

"Edge of Darkness" is a really nice on to start with. I would not do any major twisting. Only thing one should have in mind is the "layout" of the Almshouse..which is unfortunately not provided.

This. A thousand times this. It took a full 4+ hour session to clear the alms house, and I sorely missed having a map for it.

Hiyas!

I would add at least 5 points to each score (unless prohibited by the being itself's writeup) of every creature/person.  Especially the Body snatchers.  They are underpowered.

L

Thanks for all the great tips.

We played  it a couple weeks ago but didn't quite finish.

The body snatchers outside of Lilly''s pad really messed them up. The techpriest got the broken rib crit but I failed to kill him on eight successive rolls. He did buy the farm though, an "Arm ripped off" crit I believe.

We also lost an arbitor to a blown off leg IIRC.

What do people think is a good XP reward for this mod? They will probably finish it up tommorow...

I