Sign in to follow this  
Toothless_Night_Fury

Talisman: The Dragon Expansion - The newly announced expansion from FFG

Oh yeah, now I see the rabbit as well! You have the eyes of a hawk my friend. aplauso.gif

That could definitely be the characters we're getting, and I'd be very happy with those if they end up being the final six. A nice selection of mixed characters from expansions past, and I'm sure they'll all be great addition to the revised 4th.

And by the way, does that Minotaur miniature look badass or what? cool.gif I just hope they put some nice abilities on him, he wasn't that good back in the day. At least not in the 2nd edition, don't know how he played out in the 3rd since I never played that.

Archdruid said:

If you zoom in on the dragon miniature, you can see there is a humanoid figure on its back - the Dragon Rider I would suggest.  This would complete the set of characters reprinted from 2nd Edition Dragons (assuming that The Sacred Pool's Chivalric Knight is considered to be a reworking of Questing Knight).

cool.gif

You are right.. i see some sort of human on the back of the dragon..

Yes, if the Dragon Hunter is a revised character from the dragon slayer, then we have all dragon type characters from 2th and 3th edition

Assuming that Dragon priestess is the Dragon Priest lengua.gif

Archdruid said:

I've also spotted a rabbit peeking out of the baggy trousers of the elf figure at the front.  This recalls the artwork for the Conjurer in 2nd Edition Dungeon.

I think it isn't a rabbit. It looks like a dragon's head.

But in picture on the box cover her hands are empty. And she doesn't look like conjurer. She looks like elf or something (peaked ears). And there is no-one on dragon's back :)

Battonsson said:

Archdruid said:

I've also spotted a rabbit peeking out of the baggy trousers of the elf figure at the front.  This recalls the artwork for the Conjurer in 2nd Edition Dungeon.

I think it isn't a rabbit. It looks like a dragon's head.

But in picture on the box cover her hands are empty. And she doesn't look like conjurer. She looks like elf or something (peaked ears). And there is no-one on dragon's back :)

But zoom in on the box down by the unknown character in purple and you'll see the rabbit, at a full speed retreat from the ferocious battle...

interesting...

I don't think that the dragon miniature is a Dragon Rider.

It is not show up on the front box, and the chance is high that it is the Dragon King.

It's somewhat the same idea as the third edition tower, except that we don't get a tower with 3 floors..

But if i read the news, then you must fight your way forwards to the Dragon King by defeating his minions..

PS: The guy in red clock with that fireball on the front box looks really  like a fire wizard...

Velhart said:

It is not show up on the front box,

that means nothing at all.

Archdruid said:

If you zoom in on the dragon miniature, you can see there is a humanoid figure on its back - the Dragon Rider I would suggest.  This would complete the set of characters reprinted from 2nd Edition Dragons (assuming that The Sacred Pool's Chivalric Knight is considered to be a reworking of Questing Knight).

cool.gif

very nice indeed! I was sure this figure would act like the reaper character... Now having this huge miniature as a playable character - F***ING AWESOME! gran_risa.gif

Hadoken said:

Velhart said:

It is not show up on the front box,

that means nothing at all.

True, but on the other side, the expansion has 6 characters, and all 6 characters have been posted on FFG site, including that big dragon.

So it must be the dragon rider i think..happy.gif

burst said:

Archdruid said:

cool.gif

very nice indeed! I was sure this figure would act like the reaper character... Now having this huge miniature as a playable character - F***ING AWESOME! gran_risa.gif

Yeah! It will be the biggest miniature at this momentdemonio.gif

This looks very much like the Dragons expansion from 2nd Edition (which was the 6th and final expansion for that edition) except for the "Dragon Tower" portion which looks very much like The Tower Expansion from 3rd Edition (which was the 3rd and final expansion for that edition). I can't wait to see more previews and basically see if they combined these two expansions into one (which would make sense if they wanted a Big Box expansion out of these two rather than two small expansions as the two would combine well to do this).

Sweet! I can't wait for the expansion. If this is the case, then they would only have The City (big box), The Forest (big box), and Timescape (please!!!!) (big box) left out of the old stuff. And, for the small expansions, they could simply make new stuff like they did with The Sacred Pool.

I can't wait. :) :) :)

Hatter said:

This looks very much like the Dragons expansion from 2nd Edition (which was the 6th and final expansion for that edition) except for the "Dragon Tower" portion which looks very much like The Tower Expansion from 3rd Edition (which was the 3rd and final expansion for that edition). I can't wait to see more previews and basically see if they combined these two expansions into one (which would make sense if they wanted a Big Box expansion out of these two rather than two small expansions as the two would combine well to do this).

Sweet! I can't wait for the expansion. If this is the case, then they would only have The City (big box), The Forest (big box), and Timescape (please!!!!) (big box) left out of the old stuff. And, for the small expansions, they could simply make new stuff like they did with The Sacred Pool.

I can't wait. :) :) :)

Yeah, it looks like that FFG has combine the Dragon expansion and the Dragon Tower together.

I have always talk about it on these forums, and it looks like that my dream came truegran_risa.gif

Even if we don't have a big tower with 3 floors, this expansion looks very exciting!

The Dragon King has returned ! demonio.gif

After being excited about the visual aspects of this new expansion I am very curious about this new dragon king influence system.
For me it looks kind of like the Arkham Horror system. You need to fight the enemy or you will die because he will spread all around the land and you will loose. This would make the game so much more challenging and attractive for people who prefer playing against an fictional enemy rather than slaying other players. Combined with harder quests as time goes by this expansion looks like the most important expansion for now. I just hope the token system is as simple as the rest of the game. Did anybody figured out what kind of character is flying through the air in the lower right corner of the cover?

Cheers

burst said:

After being excited about the visual aspects of this new expansion I am very curious about this new dragon king influence system.
For me it looks kind of like the Arkham Horror system. You need to fight the enemy or you will die because he will spread all around the land and you will loose. This would make the game so much more challenging and attractive for people who prefer playing against an fictional enemy rather than slaying other players. Combined with harder quests as time goes by this expansion looks like the most important expansion for now. I just hope the token system is as simple as the rest of the game. Did anybody figured out what kind of character is flying through the air in the lower right corner of the cover?

Cheers

Some people think that it's a conjurer, but i am not sure yet..

Although, it looks like that the character figure  has a rabbit in her hand, or maybe a dragon head..?

She has pointy ears too...

Tomoka said:

Interesting..was hoping for an add-on to the middle of the board. Racing to the middle is far to simple late game since you only really need to focus on one attribute to beat a side of the IR. Dragons are beast, good expansion.

Yeah, the inner region was always too easy..gui%C3%B1o.gif

illygraham said:

One of those figures in front looks like it could possibly be the Dark Elf...

I hope so...

I don't think that there is a dark elf in this expansion.

Only the purple woman remains. But she does not look like a dark elf, even if she a pointy ears..happy.gif

Velhart said:

illygraham said:

I hope so...

Only the purple woman remains. But she does not look like a dark elf, even if she a pointy ears..happy.gif

One thing is for sure: She is either flying or dancing (on the cover picture). It just doesn't look like she is fighting.
It also looks like she is holding a rabbit in her hand and there is also a 'Moomin' hanging on the right side (miniature). gui%C3%B1o.gif

burst said:

Velhart said:

illygraham said:

I hope so...

One thing is for sure: She is either flying or dancing (on the cover picture). It just doesn't look like she is fighting.
It also looks like she is holding a rabbit in her hand and there is also a 'Moomin' hanging on the right side (miniature). gui%C3%B1o.gif

The purple woman is simply falling from the dragon tower, and the Minotaur is trying to grab hergui%C3%B1o.gif

The rabbit will not save herlengua.gif

Playing with The Dragon expansion, players will encounter even more choices and strategic challenges, including a new, dual-sided Inner Region for their heroes to conquer. The alternate sides allow you to face familiar terrain along a path that requires all new tactics, or to venture into the Dragon Tower, where a hero’s every step meets opposition by the Dragon King’s minions and leads him ever closer to an ultimate confrontation with the Dragon King, himself.

_________

I am just wondering...

It says that we get a new dual sided inner region....

Does that mean that we get a board with 2 sides?

One that has shown on the picture and the other side maybe the Dragon Tower, where you must defeat the dragons minions..to meet the dragon king...preocupado.gif

Alchemist said:

Lets see if we can figure out what it says on the character cards.

Dragon Priestess:  You begin the game with 2 spells.  Whenever you encounter a dragon you may.......if attacking it.  (I'm having trouble reading what is in between.)

Dragon Hunter:  You begin the game with an axe from the purchase deck.  Instead of rolling a die for....(the Enchantress?)...you may...   Whenever you engage an enemy in battle you may.....

Thats the best I could do...maybe someone can add to this.

Dragon Priestess:

You begin the game with 2 spells

Whenever you encounter a dragon, you may keep it as a follower instead of attacking it gui%C3%B1o.gif

Dragon Hunter

You begin the game with an axe from the purchase deck.

3: Whenever you engage a enemy in battle, you may make a.........   

Roll .... and add them together.....   your attack roll.

If you make 1 ................you are automatically ..........regardless of your attack score

Allignment: Neutral lengua.gif