Sign in to follow this  
Toothless_Night_Fury

Talisman: The Dragon Expansion - The newly announced expansion from FFG

My copy is yet to arrive sadly. I shall post something as soon as I have it.

Do not worry about the quality of the bags as they are lined etc and will do the job fine. As I said, the pic is not so great plus I flattened them out so you could get an idea of size.

Velhart said:

illygraham said:

I got mine!  Yay!  All ready playing...it really changes things!  So far, I really dig it...

All expansions!

What for size is that table?

There is enough space on it..

Yeah, my wife let me get a dining room table with gaming in mind.  It's a 41/2 ft. by 41/2 ft. table with a collapsible leaf that shortens it to 41/2 ft. by 3 ft.  It's great for a bunch of the games we play...Talisman, Descent, Arkham Horror...etc...

Alchemist said:

Has anyone noticed that you don't need a Talisman when using the Dragon Tower side of the new expansion.  Thats kind of disappointing....isn't that the point of the whole game?

Yeah, i have notice it.

The first space in the tower, should read. You need a talisman to enter the tower..

Anyway, a talisman is not so important anymore, because characters can also kill the dungeon lord to gain acces to the crown of command.

I was just thinking about dragon domain again, but i think that you will play most of the game, with the dragon cards.

Dragon cards that you have placed on a adventure or region deck, can also be a enemy or an object, so that means that another dragon card will be placed on that decksorpresa.gif

That would be very dangerous. ..

I have receive my dragon scale dice bag today gran_risa.gif

It looks awesome, and i can't wait to put my dragon tokens inside the bag..

I must wait now for the dragon expansion....  

I hope i get it soon..

guciomir said:

People who will be waiting months for their copies (translation  + printing + shipping takes time I guess) would appreciate if you start posting card spoilers :)

Spoilers of all the cards of the Draconic Lords right here, if you're interested:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=49&efcid=1&efidt=556316

Hope that was what you were looking for. gran_risa.gif

I saw some artwork from felicia cano by using google.

It's amazing. The dragon eggs are funny

dragon arch priest, cadorus arch priest and wyvern staff are also coolaplauso.gif

Nidhögg said:

Velhart said:

Have someone already use the dragon domain ending?

i am just curiouslengua.gif

I still need to wait for my copysad.gif

Yes we have. What do you want to know about it?

How does that play?

The dragon cards are always activated when someone draws a strength or craft enemy, or a object.

This goes for dragon type cards too.

How i see it, is that you draw dragon cards most of the time, when playing with this ending card. 

So, if you draw a dragon card that is a strength enemy, you must take another dragon card to place it on top of that region's  deck etc

We interpreted it as you dosn't place dragon cards on the deck when you draw a dragon card with enemies or objects. That would just result in to much dragon cards and it would be to hard in the beginning just facing dragons (well, some cultists to).

All in all I think the alternative ending played out quite good. If you don't like the extra management each turn with the dragon tokens, Domain of dragons makes the dragon expansion a bit easier to handle, just putting the dragon cards on top of the deck each time someone draws a specific adventure card.

The only bad thing was that the dragon king didn't change through the game, so you did know from the start which one of them you had to defeat to win the game.

Nidhögg said:

We interpreted it as you dosn't place dragon cards on the deck when you draw a dragon card with enemies or objects. That would just result in to much dragon cards and it would be to hard in the beginning just facing dragons (well, some cultists to).

All in all I think the alternative ending played out quite good. If you don't like the extra management each turn with the dragon tokens, Domain of dragons makes the dragon expansion a bit easier to handle, just putting the dragon cards on top of the deck each time someone draws a specific adventure card.

The only bad thing was that the dragon king didn't change through the game, so you did know from the start which one of them you had to defeat to win the game.

I agree.

This seems like a good house rule.

When i get the expansion, i will use the tokens first, and then this ending.

And with the domain of dragon ending, characters cannot avoid to draw those dragon cards.

If you play with tokens, then they can try not to land on it.

Well, with the other end boss endings, we have always play with revealed endings, so it;s not a big problem.

The only drawback is that you have always the same dragon king during the game, and some enemies or cards become more powerful with the right ruler on the throne.sad.gif