Sign in to follow this  
Toothless_Night_Fury

Talisman: The Dragon Expansion - The newly announced expansion from FFG

Good to see old favourites returning (Minotaur, Sacrificial Stone, Black Void etc etc).  Intrigued by the three decks of cards for each Dragon; presumably they will each have a Temple and an Archpriest as implied by the pics.  The three Dragon lords recall the three princes of 2nd Edition Dragons.

Was a good decision by FFG not to do the predicted third corner board just yet.  This expansion will inject new life into the game, and no doubt have a few controversies.  I would guess though that with the vast number of new components there will be something for all Talisman fans.

Was expecting it to be called The Dragons rather than The Dragon.

happy.gif

This is a must-buy for my wife and I!  We only use Talisman and the reaper because it is a great combo and our table does not have room for outer expansions.  But since this one goes right in the middle it will work great!

We might eventually get the other expansions as well just to have the extra characters, spells, and adventure cards.

300 new cards, I am so stoked, and that isn't only because my Canucks won tonight.  What a great day, I am so happy for the future of this game.

I could care less about the 6 character cards, with such a huge compliment of cards, added to the new decks the game will be ever changing.  Wow just wow!

I love Fantasy Flight  for really giving us fans so many options for this great game.

danjr said:

300 new cards, I am so stoked

In fact the new cards are less or equal to 200 (it is written 4 sleeves packs) , still amazing! Would like to know something about the new mechanics right now! Welcome,hype!

Lets see if we can figure out what it says on the character cards.

Dragon Priestess:  You begin the game with 2 spells.  Whenever you encounter a dragon you may.......if attacking it.  (I'm having trouble reading what is in between.)

Dragon Hunter:  You begin the game with an axe from the purchase deck.  Instead of rolling a die for....(the Enchantress?)...you may...   Whenever you engage an enemy in battle you may.....

Thats the best I could do...maybe someone can add to this.

I feel much better now :)

Nobody expected a dragon expansion to be next. Just stunning... babeo.gif
And the miniatures looks better than ever.

Thanks FFG! 

Interesting..was hoping for an add-on to the middle of the board. Racing to the middle is far to simple late game since you only really need to focus on one attribute to beat a side of the IR. Dragons are beast, good expansion.

Could not make anything else out of the card text.  I would love if they gave us a full resolution picture to whet out appetite.

Looks like the path is left or right through the inner region.  I was kind of hoping for a weaving path.  Or one where you can fail on a space and slide back to another space.

Finally some good news, was getting tired of all this negative talk towards FFG. Looks very nice, though with 300 new cards I am wondering how I am going to place them.

Nice :)

So after the Dragon and before anoter new board,we will see a smaller expansion?i hope so !

But looking at the picture..

-what are the heros?is the dragon mini a hero ? it seems so...(or there's one hero missing on the picture)

on the covert boxart we can see a purple girl in a corner?an elf?the mini is difficult to see...

-How do you understand the description? it seems there will be 3 dragons in play,right?moving using tokens or something like that..???

Cool !!!

My wish came true! gran_risa.gif

Thank you FFG.

Oke, what have we got here..

I see a minotaur, Dragon priestess, Dragon Hunter, a big dragon miniature and 2 other characters...

I see also the sacrificial stone.... Nice!

The New inner region is very cool.

Finally something that replaced that old inner region

So the 3 dragon prince's have their own cards..    sounds nice!

I wonder what the tokens will do.. and how the inner region works with all those new cards?...

Is it just me, or does the character just to the left of the Minotaur look like the Fire Wizard from the 3rd edition? Especially since he's got a huge fireball in his hands, I'd say that's either the Fire Wizard or a character based off of him.

Zozimus said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I hope it's not exactly the same, though....as I recall, the only thing the Fire Wizard had going for him was that he perpetually had the Fireball spell.  Useful, but not interesting as a character. 

Well, FFG can always add some new abilities to this character.

I agree that i was not very fond of the fireball ability as well..

But we will see it  soon enough! gran_risa.gif

Anyway, i am not sure if he is the fire wizard..preocupado.gif

PS: It looks like that the Dragon Miniature resembles the Dragon King and must be placed in the middle of the inner region..

Velhart said:

Zozimus said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I hope it's not exactly the same, though....as I recall, the only thing the Fire Wizard had going for him was that he perpetually had the Fireball spell.  Useful, but not interesting as a character. 

Well, FFG can always add some new abilities to this character.

I agree that i was not very fond of the fireball ability as well..

But we will see it  soon enough! gran_risa.gif

Anyway, i am not sure if he is the fire wizard..preocupado.gif

PS: It looks like that the Dragon Miniature resembles the Dragon King and must be placed in the middle of the inner region..

Well, it doesn't have to be the Fire Wizard either, just saying that it kind of looks like him. It could be a brand new character who is partially based on the Fire Wizard but with slightly (or totally) different abilities. FFG do change around the characters a bit, usually for the better, and this could be one of them. Time will tell.

If you zoom in on the dragon miniature, you can see there is a humanoid figure on its back - the Dragon Rider I would suggest.  This would complete the set of characters reprinted from 2nd Edition Dragons (assuming that The Sacred Pool's Chivalric Knight is considered to be a reworking of Questing Knight).

cool.gif

Archdruid said:

If you zoom in on the dragon miniature, you can see there is a humanoid figure on its back - the Dragon Rider I would suggest.  This would complete the set of characters reprinted from 2nd Edition Dragons (assuming that The Sacred Pool's Chivalric Knight is considered to be a reworking of Questing Knight).

cool.gif

nice catch !

Archdruid said:

cool.gif

Nice find, I never noticed there was someone on top of the Dragon! I always expected the Dragon miniature was a character that was unplayable and part of the whole Dragons storyline. Must look awesome to commandeer that beast around the board, striking fear into your adversaries. I hope he's got a nice set of special abilities and whatnot.

I've also spotted a rabbit peeking out of the baggy trousers of the elf figure at the front.  This recalls the artwork for the Conjurer in 2nd Edition Dungeon.  So this gives us:

Conjurer

Dragon Hunter

Dragon Priestess

Dragon Rider

Fire Wizard

Minotaur

happy.gif