Nyarlazorbec

LOTR LCG Deck Builder for Windows

Hello and a happy new year 

Any news on that ?  :)

PS : Honestly, I'm so used of your program that I have a problem to build decks with cards not in it  :P

Thank you, my best wishes for a happy new year too !

The end of the year have been quite busy, so I worked slowly on the update. Hopefully, it should come soon now (before next week, if all goes well).

Cheers !

Hello,

I wish a happy new year 2014 to you all !

...and I'll start with some good news, as promised :

A NEW VERSION OF THE DECKBUILDER IS AVAILABLE !

The list of new things:

• Added cards of The Morgul Vale adventure pack (english only).
  • Added cards of The Black Riders saga expansion (french, player cards only).
  • Added cards of Assault on Osgiliath adventure pack (in french).

The english image pack is updated and complete. The french image pack has all cards available to me.

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english scans !

Comments, suggestions (and kudos) are welcome !

Have fun !

Zorbec

Hello,

The list of new things:

• Added cards of The Blood of Gondor and The Morgul Vale adventure packs (french only).
  • Added errata from US FAQ 1.6.
  • Added errata from french FAQ 1.5.
  • Corrected card names in Lackey export format.

The french image pack is updated and complete. The english image pack did not change since the previous update.

Have fun !

Zorbec

Thanks again.. this is awesome as always.

I was wondering.. you haven't updated the encounter sets to Black Riders yet... a mate of mine told me you plan to remove this feature from the deck builder.

I would just like to say.. Don't Do This!

One of the very best features of the deck builder is to be able to sort and look though the encounter sets in great detail using the filters. Like if you have a event you are considering and it triggers of a trait.. exactly how many cards have that trait in the set, or entire game.. it is really cool and the deck builder will be less with out it. It is one of the most key features for making "one deck to rule them all" builds as well as just for checking things quickly like "what is the average defece on the mob" or health or w/e

Seriously the deck builder is awesome,, but the encounter set features are one of the major reasons it IS awesome.

It sounds to me it's simply a matter of priorities for Zorbec.  I'm not under the impression there's a crew at work making these updates, and by leaving out the encounter decks it means we get more timely updates for this application's core purpose - deck building, it's a concession that makes sense to me.

Hello,

It sounds to me it's simply a matter of priorities for Zorbec.  I'm not under the impression there's a crew at work making these updates, and by leaving out the encounter decks it means we get more timely updates for this application's core purpose - deck building, it's a concession that makes sense to me.

Perfect summary of my situation, thanks ;)

Any news on an update?

I'm working on it. Hopefully, before sunday evening...

Cheers,

Nyarla

Zorbec,

I really like the print function so I can save hard copies of my lists, especially when I go to friends' houses and don't have access to my computer.

That said, I'd love to be able to "print" my deck list as a PDF, instead of to paper.  Is that a function that is difficult to implement?

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this.  I think I spend more time with your application than actually playing the game hahaha

That said, I'd love to be able to "print" my deck list as a PDF, instead of to paper.  Is that a function that is difficult to implement?

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

If you are using PC, try this... "Bullzip PDF or CUTEpdf Printer Free" it is just a virtual printer driver where it prints anything directly to a PDF.. I use it for tons of stuff. There are many others as well. If you use mac there are probably similar things.

Thanks for answering, Tragic :)

Indeed, CutePDF or PDFCreator pseudo-printer drivers are probably the best solution.

Today, I can't provide a direct export to PDF from the software itself. Sorry.

Cheers,

Nyarla

Hello,

The list of new things:

• Added cards of The Voice of Isengard expansion (english and french, player cards only).

Both english and french image packs are updated and complete.

Have fun !

Zorbec

I am still somewhat new at this, only have done the core quests and the shadows of mirkwood cycle. I also would only consider myself a casual player but I am not too terrible. I read on the forum that you could check your deck statistics with this program, so I thought I would give it a shot to see what it was like. I checked it out and thought it was pretty sweet, I really liked the part where I could check my decks cost ratios between my spheres. The best part was that... perhaps it was coincidence but the first quest I played after making a deck using this program I scored my very first double digits.

Whether it was random or not I plan on using this again to make more decks, thanks for your time and effort to make this program Nyarla!

Hello,

The list of new things:

• Added cards of The Dunland Trap and The Three Trials adventure packs (english and french, player cards only).

English image pack is update and complete.

French image pack is complete up to The Dunland Trap. Images for the last pack will come later.

Have fun !

Zorbec

Hello,

Well, things are running faster this time...

The list of new things:

• Added cards of Trouble in Tharbad adventure pack (english only, player cards only).

English image pack is update and complete.

French image pack is complete up to The Three Trials.

Have fun !

Zorbec

Hello,

More and more people seem to have problems with the card images display. Once copied into the folder where the DeckBuilder is installed, the card images do not show in the application.

In most cases, this comes from the default behaviour of Windows 7 or 8 UAC, which protects the default "C:\Program Files" folder (and its derivative on 64bit version of the system) used for program installation. The UAC prevents the installed program to see files copied manually after the installation.

There are two solutions to this situation:

1) Adjust the UAC to low level or disabled state. This reduces your system's security. So, if you are not sure, don't do that and apply the next solution ;)

2) Resintall the DeckBuilder into a folder not protected by the UAC:

• Make a backup copy of your deck files and .dat files which are into the current DeckBuilder folder.
  • Then, uninstall the DeckBuilder
  • Download the last version of the DeckBuilder
  • Install and, if necessary, change the destination folder for installation to something like "C:\DeckBuilders" or "C:\Card Games". Do not use "C:\Windows" or "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files(x86)".
  • Copy back your deck and .dat files into the new folder, after the installation is complete.

The version 1.1.13 and above of the DeckBuilder setup program will propose a folder like that, but it works only if you make a new installation. An update of a previous version will not move the program to another location.

Though, I found that the proposed folder, by default, for the installation is not very convenient, generating a supplementary level of folder depth. So, please adjust it to a single folder level or wait for the next version...

Cheers,

Zorbec