Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nyarlazorbec

LOTR LCG Deck Builder for Windows

150 posts in this topic

This is a great piece of work, thanks for all the hard work.

I'm really looking forward to the Khazad Dum update as I'd really like to store all my new Dwarf decks using this software. Any idea when you might be releasing this?

Hello,

ichaos1985 said:

Is there any chance of a mac version? Is it programmed in Java?

Looks really good, this application, and I'd love to use it on my mac...

As stated earlier, there is no chance to have a Mac version for the moment. I don't have the hardware and software for this.

It is programmed with an old version of Delphi. The last version of Delphi supports MacOS in some way, but it's still young and I don't own it (neither a Mac itself, which is required).

Yet, you can run it with Crossover or any other Windows emulator, some other people did that successfully.

Memetix said:

This is a great piece of work, thanks for all the hard work.

I'm really looking forward to the Khazad Dum update as I'd really like to store all my new Dwarf decks using this software. Any idea when you might be releasing this?

Thank you for the compliment.

I am working on the KD update now. I should receive my pack later this week and I hope to get the french version before the week-end.

There are many cards to add, scan, check and re-check (and not much spare time for it), so it will take me a little more time to finish. I will probably release the new version next week.

Cheers,

Zorbec

Nyarlazorbec said:

Hello,

ichaos1985 said:

As stated earlier, there is no chance to have a Mac version for the moment. I don't have the hardware and software for this.

It is programmed with an old version of Delphi. The last version of Delphi supports MacOS in some way, but it's still young and I don't own it (neither a Mac itself, which is required).

Yet, you can run it with Crossover or any other Windows emulator, some other people did that successfully.

Hm. How complex is the source code or how huge is the project, respectively? I can try to rewrite in ObjC for MacOS only, if you have any interest in such a cooperation. I can use Java as well, making it multi-platform-operational... 

This, however, depends on the size of the project and how many hours of my spare time I can use for it...

ichaos1985 said:

Nyarlazorbec said:

Hello,

ichaos1985 said:

Hm. How complex is the source code or how huge is the project, respectively? I can try to rewrite in ObjC for MacOS only, if you have any interest in such a cooperation. I can use Java as well, making it multi-platform-operational... 

This, however, depends on the size of the project and how many hours of my spare time I can use for it...

Thank you for the proposition, but it would be a really big job to convert the source code in ObjC or Java.

The project is a little less than 70000 lines of code and uses graphical and reporting components that will not be necessarily available in other languages. So, I don't think it's worth the effort for the moment.

Cheers,

Zorbec

Hello,

Here is a new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows, coming from the deeps of Khazad-dûm.

Here is the list of new things:

• Added cards of the Khazad-dûm deluxe expansion (english & french).
  • Added FAQ indicators to the scenarios and quests list.
  • Improvement of card lists refresh times.

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english previews.

Comments, suggestions (and kudos ) are welcome !

Have fun in the deeps !

Zorbec

this is the best ever!! wish the coc one was using the same interface.. but still .. all sorts of awesome.

1 suggestion though.... .. . It would be cool to be able to remove a card from the deck form IN the deck list.. Like you can click 1,2,3 to add the card, but would be cool if you could remove the card as well from that same screen. Not a big UI issue.. but would be a nice feature..

Also, are there any plans to include the encounter cards? I know "deck building" doesn't come into it.. though I think it would be cool for custom quests.. but then the app will cover the entire game from start to finish, and we would not have to use internet sources to look up cards and stuff.

Grudunza said:

The encounter cards are included. You need to click on the encounter card image on the side window.

I can only see the quest cards... not the cards in each encounter set

booored said:

Grudunza said:

The encounter cards are included. You need to click on the encounter card image on the side window.

I can only see the quest cards... not the cards in each encounter set

There's a little separate window that says "LOTR LCG Deck Builder by Zorbec" on the top left, and it has a card image for an encounter card, a quest card, a player card, and other icons.  You need to click on the encounter card in that window, and that will (or should) bring up all of the encounter cards.

Hello,

Many thanks for the kudos, I appreciate.

And thank you, Grudunza, for providing help !

booored said:

this is the best ever!! wish the coc one was using the same interface.. but still .. all sorts of awesome.

1 suggestion though.... .. . It would be cool to be able to remove a card from the deck form IN the deck list.. Like you can click 1,2,3 to add the card, but would be cool if you could remove the card as well from that same screen. Not a big UI issue.. but would be a nice feature..

Also, are there any plans to include the encounter cards? I know "deck building" doesn't come into it.. though I think it would be cool for custom quests.. but then the app will cover the entire game from start to finish, and we would not have to use internet sources to look up cards and stuff.

Hi Booored, I'll think about your suggestion, but it is not necessarily that simple.

For the CoC one, you may have a good surprise in the next weeks...but shhhhhh ! It's still in the works gui%C3%B1o.gif

Cheers,

Zorbec

Hello,

After being delayed by a nasty flu and the release of the new CoC DeckBuilder, here is a new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows happy.gif

Here is the list of new things:

• Added cards of the The Redhorn Gate adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added a button on the card text and picture display screens, to the left of the closing button, to make these screens able to stay on top of the other screens of the DeckBuilder.

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english scans of the last pack.

Another version will come soon, with The Road to Rivendell, a few days after the french pack is made available gui%C3%B1o.gif

Comments, suggestions (and kudos) are welcome !

Have fun !

Zorbec

Hello,

A new version of the DeckBuilder is available.

This is a small update for the last adventure pack, on this lucky day gui%C3%B1o.gif

The list of new things is small:

•   Added cards of the Road to Rivendell adventure pack (english & french).

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english scans of the last pack.

Have fun !

Zorbec

Hello,

It adds the last published adventure pack in both languages, some corrections and new export features for the french guys gui%C3%B1o.gif

The list of new things:

• Added cards of The Watcher in the Water adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added new card and decklist BBCode export formats, with links to the online french card database.
  • Corrected the special abilities filter, 'Attributes' section.
  • Corrected the Player Cards sets filter for missing cycle.

A warm thank you to Kelly Halabura for the donation happy.gif

Have fun !

Zorbec

Hello,

It adds the last published adventure pack in both languages, some corrections and new export features for the french guys

The list of new things:

• Added cards of The Long Dark adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added new 'Open card in sdajce.net french card database' to the single card display export menu.
  • Corrected the Lackey export function for cards with duplicated names.

Have fun !

Zorbec

mr.thomasschmidt said:

I'm so envy at everyone. I have a mac and there's no deck builder software :'( Ever considered to port it to OS?

Hi,

I've replied to such request already. Sorry, but the answer is no : I don't have to hardware and software for this.

Yet, It's been reported that the DB works on Mac using Crossover…

Cheers,

Nyarla

lleimmoen said:

Is Foundation going to be implemented any time soon? Thanks for the nice tool by the way!

Hello,

Thank you for your kind comment.

I will add Foundations of Stone as soon as I get the English scans and the French pack.

I've got a very busy week now, so probably not before next week, though.

Cheers !

Nyarla

yeah we send the scans to him as they are processed but he is busy and supports coc as well, so the updates are not instant..

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay !

I was delayed by some technical issues with some new features I had to postpone for the moment, then I went to vacations lengua.gif

A warm thank you to The_Big_Show for his generous contribution cool.gif

It adds the last published adventure pack in both languages, the new FAQ errata and, unfortunately a reduction of images sizes, as explained below.

The list of new things:

• Added cards of the Foundations of Stone adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added errata from FAQ 1.3
  • Reduction of card images size to follow FFG/Edge rules of fair use for their copyrighted material.

The reduction of card image size is similar to what is done on well-known online card databases. Sorry for that, but we have to follow the rules…

Have fun !

Zorbec