Sign in to follow this  
Darth Smeg

Request for Input: How to royally screw over a Tech-Priest

It's a blast weapon, the (1) is the number of meters around the point of impact that is affected by the Haywire affect.  So basically if you have 2 people in power armour standing shoulder to shoulder the 1 meter blast from that weapon has a good chance of disabling both of them.

The main thing to note, as a GM, when using this weapon is you need to decide where it hits and if someone is behind thin cover will will the EMP go through the that material to cause a Haywire affect without an actual hit.  In my opinion, under most circumstances, this is a yes.

The haywire affect is on page 143 of the Death Watch core rule book.

SomVone said:

A Ogyrn with slam, Frenzon, and a BQ mono-great weapon.

Throwing out 2D10+21 damage pen 2, messes of up anyone's day, and keep in mind that people can only use one force field at a time.

Doing the maths, I can't get this to add up.

Orgyns with Frenzy have a Strength of 58, Unnatural Strength gives a SB of 10. Slam grants another Unnatural Strength, for a x3 multiplier (not x4). This gives a SB of 15. Best Quality weapon grants another point, for a grand total of 2d10+16. Still pretty nasty, but I'd like to know if I've missed something here :)

Crushing Blow could give another 2, and changing the Great Weapon to an Eviscerator would result in 1d10 + 28, pen 5. Ouch :)

It's a little hard to believe that an Ogryn would have a Best Quality anything, let alone an Eviscerator.  Yes, that would cause some serious damage, but unless its a super smart Ogryn with massive financial support and connections from a heretic cell or something, I would feel like the GM was just trying to kill me, the player.  The last thing you want is for the players to feel like their GM is out to get them.  You need to create a challenging encounter that is beatable but not unbelievable for the setting / story.

I think, the best way to deal with an overly powerful anything is to target its weak spots.  Every player has a weakness.  With a tech-priest its his technology and his inability to deal with people.  You can always make a mission where the players have to do A LOT of fellowship tests, where most of the game is puzzling through social or societal situations.  In the game I'm running my players were getting a little too good at the kick in the door method, I gave them a mission where they had to stay undercover.  Non of the players wanted to piss off their Inquisitor so they tried, they had to redefine how they worked, who took the lead, what tactics they could use in combat, whether they could afford to get in combat, and worst, who they could actually afford to talk too.  It made for an incredibly fun mission for all of the players, and they still talk about the events from those few sessions.

Now, aside from changing the way they play the game, how about a bunch of mutants who found a cache of Ork weapons from a previous Ork incursion?  You can use the actual Slugga Choppa and Shoota rules from the Rogue Trader book and, since its ork, you could even make up your own guns like crude haywire grenades, or dirty bombs. (which having the players suffer from radiation poisoning would be fun) ... I think I have a new mission for my players...

Hi again, Darth

as far as I remember this was one of two topics you started so that I could pay my „ransom“ to you for releasing my hijacekd topic. Well, I know I am late. But nobody shall say I would not pay my dues.

I will stick to the “Wrecker” ideas I mentioned earlier. As far as I got from your posts in the “spectre cell 17” topic your PC are going to visit Sinophia soon. A little nest of Tech-Witches, as far as I remember. If your Tech-Priest PC stays in the bad districts for to long (or returns to them to often) he might find himself ambushed.

[Circuit-Lance]
A Circuit-Lance is a heretek-weapon which needs special training to be used properbly. It looks similar to a halberd made of non-conductive alloys, but instead of an axe blade it features a row of nasty spikes. Redundant wires and cable wind and coil from the lance point and the spikes along the shaft to an energy cell and a trigger near the point where the wielder will have his hands. Both are shielded by a basket. The weapon is intended against servitors, tech-priest and other cybernetic beings. Hereteks are know to arm the guards of their lairs with such weapon in the case of an assault by the Cult Mechanicus.

Exotic Weapon (Circit-Lance) Dmg: 2d10+STB          Penetration:2     Weight:8,5kg             Very Rare
Shocking(Special)*; Unbalanced; Mono-Upgrade (already included);

*In the hand of a wielder with the “Exotic Weapon (Circuit-Lance)” training, any attack with a least one level of success that is not dodged or blocked allows the wielder to release a circuit-burning jolt through the contacts in the point and spikes of the lance into victims body. Against a target that is not a Tech-Priest or has a machine trait of 2 or lower this attack adds of the Shocking trait. Against a Tech-Priest or a target with a Machine-Trait of 3+ the test to avoid the stun from the Shocking trait is increased in difficulty by one step for every two levels of success of the initial attack. Furthermore, the target will suffer 1d5 points of temporary attribute damage to Agility, Intelligence, Perception, Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill due the overload to the delicate circuit system the nerves are spliced into in.

This trait cannot be used on two consecutive rounds

Edited by Gregorius21778

Wrecker Ambush:
Wreckers are among the crème-of-the-crop of scums. They are hardened criminals that are hand-picked by the crew-leader whom are well connected to the local Heretek-scene to whom they act as suppliers of parts. While they normally capture and tear-apart Servitors, most of the do not hesitate to try and take down a Tech-Priest since they are the ultimate bounty in regard to implants and parts.

The crew ambushing the pc will work together with street informants. Once the word is out that a Tech-Priest repeatedly visits a certain area, the Wreckers set up an ambush. If the Tech-Priest is incoming, the street informant gives the info to the crew once the Tech-Priest has passed. The pc might noticed that they are eyed up with a hard(-20) Scrutiny test. This will lower their difficulty of the following opposed Awareness test against the Concealment of the Wreckers. No matter what, they will not notice the ambush before it is sprung. They only might negate the surprise.

The Wreckers (between 5 and 8 of them) will have taken up position in two buildings left and right of the street the pc are going to take. If the pc used a ground-car, a spike-chain will have been layed across the street about a dozen meters away so that the car has to stop due to four flat tires that will not allow the vehicle to move along badly paved roads of Sinophia Magna.

From the first floor, one or two wreckers will open up fire Webbers in order to immobilize the Tech-Priest and any other targets. At least two further wreckers will open up fire from the roofs with their hand cannons (perhaps 10m or 15m above) to take out other targets. They will used aimed shots (half or full aim) so they do not waste any ammo. Two or more wreckers (including the leader of the crew) will come storming out of entrances of opposing buildings, wielding Circuit Lances (not more then two).

If things start to go wrong (half of the crew is down & the leader is losing a willpower test; the enemy is much stronger then supposed) the crew will retreat. This will start with those on the roof dropping down bundles of smoke grenades. The remaining crew will start to disengage about 2 or 3 rounds later. Those on the ground will start running first, followed by those in the first level. Two rounds after that, those on the roof will try to escape by jumping from roof to roof.

Options:
Those in ground combat could have the “Furious Assault” Talent and the use of combat drugs like Slaught would not be uncommon. One of the guys on the roof could have a heavy stubber, ST:40 and bulging biceps. The weapon is just for cover-fire in case of a retreat.
If the Tech-Priest is down/done/in the web and not all of the ground crew are engaged by pc to some reason or the other, it would be nice to have the non-engaging ground-guy totting the Las-Cutter. “If you don´t stop squirming it will be more then your **** arm!”

While I was going to bed, I just remembered that your group is not a bunch of Rank 3 freshmen but experienced acolythes with a lot of xp under their belt and pretty shiny toys at their hands. So let us change the ambush, add some more equipment and make the crew a little more personal. This might not be the final word ...but it is better then the first try...perhaps

Wallace´s Wrecker (us the stats outlined in the last post with the following changes)

Anthony Wallace (Crew Leader)
Attributes: Raise Intelligence, Willpower and Fellowship to 35
Skills: Add Command and Dodge+10
Talents: Add Jaded, Ambidextrous and Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic/Melee); Melee Weapoin Training (Shock); Blind Fighting; Combat Master

Wallace is armed with a Handcannon /w Red-Dot and a Shock-Maul

Sebastian, “the Bestial” (Heavy)
Attributes: Raise Strength and Toughness to 38
Skills: Add Intimidation
Talents: Add Battle Rage; Berserker Charge; Frenzy; Furious Assault and Hatred (Mechanicus); Blind Fighting; Combat Master

Sebastian is armed with Circuit-Lance. He wears a reinforced Flakk-Jacket (Body:4; Arms:3). He will be up on Slaught during the ambush.

Betsy (Close Combatant)
Talents: Add Counter-Attack, Double-Team; Wall of Steel; Blind Fighting; Sure Strike

Betsy is armed with a Chain Sword.

Clive (Close Combatant)
Talents: Add Sprint and Blind Fighting

Clive carries the Las-Cutter, a Handcanon /w. Red-Dot and a Chain Knife.

Sinclair & Mathilda (Shootist)

Their Ambush:
Sinclair & Mathilda will be waiting on the second floor or on the roof (if this makes sense) while the rest will be waiting in the ground floors behind the front doors of different building.

Sinclair & Mathilda will open up with Webbers while the ground crew starts throwing smoke grenades. Next round, smoke will start to rise. The shooters will switch to carefully aimed shots with their hand canons after another shot with the Webbers (they do not have to much ammo!) while the other attack at the ground. Clive will wait for another round before engaging.

While Sebastian goes for the Tech-Priest until he is down, Betsy and Sinclair try to drive off others while still remaining in the cover of the smoke. Those driven out of the smoke will be priority targets for Sinclair and Mathilda.

As soon as the Tech-Priest is down and the other pc driven a little further away, Clive will make use of the Las-Cutter to get a limb (legs first!) from the Tech-Priest. If they win the fight, he will tear him apart. Otherwise, he will need a number of combat rounds equal to the TB of the Tech-Priest to remove a limb with the Las-Cutter. If they have to flee, he will drop the Las-Cutter and grab a limb instead and run for it.

Wallace will use a half action each turn to bellow encouragements. As result, he can role a Command test whenever one of his crew loses a Willpower or Feat test. If the Command test is successful, the crew member gains a re-role. In close combat, he will usually try to stun one victim and go for another during the next round. Or he will place a shot at point blank range from his hand cannon.

After driving off the enemy far enough for Clive to do his job, Betsy will go for the leg as often as possible. If they need to retreat, it is much easier to run from a cripple. If faced with a tough opponent, she will go for a defensive stance and trust on her counter-attacks.

Equipment and Arment
All of the crew are wearing Flakk-Jackets (and Sebastian an especially thick one!), light flakk helmets (again, Sebastian wears a regular one) and sturdy leg protectors (AP: 2 for the legs). In addition, all of them are wearing specially insulating overalls under the armour and matching boots and gloves. While this is not totally countering the effects of weapons with the Shocking Trait (I assume this is not just electricity) it gives them a +20 bonus to the relevant resistance roles. But their Agility Bonus is -1 and they will lose the first level of success of any Agility test (if non are achieved, the success is still a success).

Every member of the crew is wearing ear-plugs. Every hearing-based perception test is penalized by -10, but they gain +10 bonus on tests against Feedback Screech. And is the reason why Wallace is shooting as loud as hell to be heard.

Every member of the crew is armed with a Handcanon /w Red-Dot.

Haha, I love this idea :)

And perhaps now the Tech priest will be very happy he has the Luminen Shcok Talent.

Then again, perhaps shocking the guy cutting of your leg with a lascutter is not a good idea, hmmm :)

Darth Smeg said:

Haha, I love this idea :)

And perhaps now the Tech priest will be very happy he has the Luminen Shcok Talent.

Then again, perhaps shocking the guy cutting of your leg with a lascutter is not a good idea, hmmm :)

If everything works fine the Tech-Priest will be ensnared by a shot of a Webber. Not much he will be able to do. One solid hit with the Circuit-Lance and
he might not be able to do much about it. :) After all, it was about "Screwing him" not giving him a fair fight.

The basic idea is to rob the Tech-Priest of a limb for the rest of the mission. He will end up with getting a bad prothesis and being humbled...and perhaps plotting for revenge.

Aye, but I think the wording on Snare weapons are a little strict, allowing no other actions than trying to escape the snare. As with grappling.

But by the RAW, yes he's certainly screwed :)

Hehe, I can see it now...

"They stole my WHAT?"

"Your leg. The scum is running off down the alley carrying your severed leg. You are lying in a pool of spreading oil and blood, looking at the severed attachment socket on your hip"

Darth Smeg said:

Aye, but I think the wording on Snare weapons are a little strict, allowing no other actions than trying to escape the snare. 

In case of the actual "Webber", I think is quit right so. As I understood the description, they do not fire a normal "net" but something elastic that will entwine itself around you.... and continue doing so if you struggle against it!. So, arms are pressed against the body or away from it in an awkward position.  Yep, this comes quit close to "screwed".

Talking about the weber,  I would say that the Wrecker Crew are using a heretk-version and not the standard weapon from the core rules. Just for the sake of limiting their ammo to two shots and reducing the area effect to about 2m.  If I read it right last night (a little past midnight in germany) the standard webber has an area effect of 5m. While this is fine for crowd control, I think the wreckers will have use for some smaller area effect. 
Especially since their "ground hogs" might already by engaging the enemy as they try to place their secound shots against any "rear guards" of the Tech-Priest. 

Take into account the rules for "Smoke". It does not seem to impair Melee Combat, only ranged attacks (with a -20). In the case of thick smoke I would consider a -10 for melee combat...reduced to -5 by Blind Fighting Talent. cool.gif

If you fear the "Lumen Shock" of the Tech-Priest, increase the benefit of the Insulating Coveralls to +20 against shock. But then, turn the "first success level penalty" into a flat "-10 on anything Agility" instead. AND the AGB is reduced by one. Highten the primitive AP to 2. Just for the case the pc are going to lock for the same. 

If you Tech-Priest makes uses of "Rite of Fear" or "Rite of Awe", take into account that it will screw his own side as well. EVERY being, regardless of hearing, that is neither machine or daemon. "Feedback Screech" will be blocked only a little. Hopefully, the commanding presence of Wallace keeps the crew in line. You could of course rule that they can use the WP of Wallace instead on an successfull command test. 

Last but not least, the **** Psyker will safe the day. But it would be a little far fetched to give these "Wreckers" something anti-psy. From this point on, it would clearly by "GM-abuse".

It's a great idea, and I can't wait to use it :)

My "beef" with the Snare rules was that I do believe a player should be able to chose to lie still, and NOT struggle with the web. And so it's not much of a stretch to say that one should be able to perform "mental" actions that do not require the movement of limbs. Like manifesting Psy powers or activating internal implants, etc.

Right now my players have just survived (albeit lost some Fate Points) the ambush on the docks, and are now alone and almost without equipment deep in district XIII. I am contemplating just how nasty to be to them as they struggle to reach "safety" at the Haarlocks Folly. We are about to hit Part III, and with riots in the street just trying to get back could be a most lethal experience. Hordes of rioters with simple weapons and dogs will prove hard to deal with, overwhelming the now-poorly equipped acolytes with the weight of their numbers.

I REALLY like the idea of stealing a few limbs of the tech-priest on the way as well. Soften him up a bit before the final showdown.

So, the big question is, do I introduce Cell 17 now, or not? I don't really have an excuse to, as they haven't looked in to the Haarlock angle at all, nor shown any interest in Black Suns or other Tyrantine matters.

I am not sure if the little ambush I build would be believeable during a riot. It bases on an "informant network" having eyes and ears on things. This might not work well during a riot
So, it is riot and the street and we want to do some harm to a Tech-Priest. How about re-inventing this group, turning into one of the Cannibal Clans mentioned in rumours section on p.46/DH
The group consists of a bunch of people whose clothes consist of a mismatch of robbed & worn finery, crude leathers and patchwork armour. All of which is adorned with skinned human faces.

The most outstanding of them is a huge guy who wears bloodied pieces of armour in the colour of the local PDF, totting an Eviscerator covered in dried gore. The leader seems to
be a thin man with a deathlike grin that will start to manically giggle as soon as the fight starts. He wears a noble´s attire, complete with shirt with overlong trompet-like armpieces and quillings. The finger bones lining his upper arms like a seargent´s stripes and the mesh vest are not matching, of course. His further entourage consists of a woman whom slipped ball gown over her leather attire, four guys hiding their features behind a rags, leather & skinned faces and three todders looking just the same as the four grown up figures.

The encounter is best played in the sinks where streets are now wide spaced affairs and things get close and personal quit early on. “Giggles” will hold a webber pistol in one hand, a fact that is disguised by the wide armpieces. He will use it to pin down the Tech-Priest. “Mr.Chainsaw” will charge the group, as will the four “Leathermen”. The todders will have chain-knives and will start to take the leg of the Tech-Priest apart. “The Ball Room Queen” is a Wyrd with the “Weapon Jinx” Minor Psychic Power.

It is already late, I will try to come up with some decent stats later.

The riots haven't started yet, but are about to.

!!! SPOILERS for Damned Cities Ahead, Ye be warned !!!

The only remaining shard in play is Khans, and he is about to have his little accident. This is when the Enforcers are "unleashed" and start their all-out war on the Undertow. This starts Part III, where the rioting starts. This will conveniently happen when my players are about half-way back from the sinks.

Until then, they have many eyes on them. The trap at the docks was planned, the location called in. They were not undercover or attempting to hide their approach, so "everybody" knew where they were. Then there was explosions and a big shootout, calling even more attention to them. 

An informant network in the Sinks that haven't picked up on their location, and their status of reduced fighting capacity, is not worth the money you pay them :)

I think they might meet your little Wrecker crew very soon, before the city really starts its plunge into chaos demonio.gif

So, I'd like to take this moment to declare my warm and fuzzy feelings of affection for you, Gregorius! You fill my mind with twisted inspiration and cause my players no end of grief. The Hate you create is a veneration to the Emperor, the suffering you inspire a tribute to his will sonrojado.gif

You are welcome ! :) 

Please inform me how it went and feel to go into great detail to describe the reactions of your Tech-Priest.

Oh! And reduce the time "Clive" takes to disattach the limb to HALF the TB of the Tech-Priest in rounds (rounded DOWN). He is using a Las-Cutter, after all!

Wow... I always forget about the snares...

But I posted a bit in the Request for Input: How to royally screw over a Psyker on the effective Sniper Ambush.  But here we go to the highlights...

First Long Las (d10+3 pen 1 Accurate Reliable)
Use an Overcharge Pack (= 1d10+4 pen 1 Accurate Reliable)
Use Hot-Shot Charge Packs (= 1d10+5 pen 5 Accurate Tearing)
To Sum up Accurate, as in the RT book gives a +10BS when used with an Aim action and +1d10 if it has 2 degrees of success.  And Tearing lets you roll two dice and choose the highest so damage is 7 - 25 with a pen of 5.
(Also feel free to put in an Infrared Sight or something so they can shoot through walls.)

Now talents: Deadeye Shot, Marksman, Mighty Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sharpshooter.

Abilities: a sniper team is going to have at least a BS 50, the other stats, not so important.

How it works, 2 man teams, 2 rifles per team.  Loader loads one rifle a turn, using Rapid Reload to make sure a Rifle is loaded every turn.  The Sniper Quick draws the loaded rifle, literally dropping the rifle next to him, half action to aim, accurate so +20BS Sharpshooter lets him call shot without a penalty, so a less armoured location, Marksman avoids the distance penalty, and Mighty Shot gives a +2 damage.

So total is this, a min of 70BS to hit (80 in short range or 90 for unaware targets (100 for unaware in short range)) with damage equal to 9 - 27 with a pen of 5 and at a range of 300m.  Keep your teams in cover and the chances of loosing them is pretty slim.  Not to mention that 3 shots a round is pretty devastating.  I know some higher level Tech Priests can stop a considerable amount of damage, but that is why a haywire cannon is fired first.  Or if needing to humbe some higher level characters feel free to use things like a Nomad with man-stopper rounds (1d10+7 pen 6 Accurate, Reliable) or use the Hell Gun or The Exitus Rifle with Turbopen rounds... you can get all sorts of nasty.

This thread and the sister one about Psykers has got me thinking: 

Is this very common? This desire to DEFEAT the players?

Should that really be the DM's goal?

Presenting a suitable CHALLENGE is a good thing to do, but to try and kill the PCs outright seems a little...

I dunno: if that's your style, and the players enjoy that antagonistic thing, then go with it.  Very old school D&D, I guess. Or maybe Doom or Descent.

On the other hand, if your baddies are constantly getting defeated easily by the players BUT they're having FUN... well isn't that a good thing? Success?

Necrozius said:

This thread and the sister one about Psykers has got me thinking: 

Is this very common? This desire to DEFEAT the players?

Should that really be the DM's goal?

Presenting a suitable CHALLENGE is a good thing to do, but to try and kill the PCs outright seems a little...

I dunno: if that's your style, and the players enjoy that antagonistic thing, then go with it.  Very old school D&D, I guess. Or maybe Doom or Descent.

On the other hand, if your baddies are constantly getting defeated easily by the players BUT they're having FUN... well isn't that a good thing? Success?

Hi Necrozius.

Thing is, everyone would agree with you.

I think Darth Smeg mentions earlier that he has very powerful characters, especially the psyker and tech priest, so he is finding it difficult to challenge them.  This thread is a search for those challenges, not specifically a GM's 'let's-frak-the-players' corner for the sake of it.

Having said that though, come on, who doesn't enjoy coming up with dastardly plans? It's no less than what the players get up to.  Where would RPGs be without GM's dastardly plans?  I know many of the games I've played in have been enhanced by clever GMs wither their dastardly plans, and it makes for a more rewarding game if the PCs feel the fear sometimes.

I agree, trying to kill the players is saved for games like Paranoia or Eclipse Phase, where losses of players (bodies at any rate) is part of the fun.  But in DH my players are smart, and I don't mean, "hey he's pretty smart." I man, all but one are tested geniuses, and all of them can think out of the box to overcome pretty much everything I throw at them.  It's this reason that as long as I make it possible on some kind of level, they will succeed, and it will be fun.  But becuase these people are so smart, and some of them a little OP in their character builds, (math hammering to an extreme) making an encounter designed to kill them gives me a chance to challenge them.  And I always watch the battles / encounters / puzzles to make sure that they aren't in over their heads, if things actually get to bad, I will cause jams, more misses, people running, things like that just to keep it fun and ongoing.

I have no wish to kill my players. That would get their wives angry at me, and would be illegal. I have no wish to kill their characters, either. While that might be amusing, it would make it much harder to tell an interesting story as the protagonists keep changing. And the players wouldn't like it.

I do, however, wish to wipe smug grins of faces and make them realize that they are not invulnerable and unstoppable killing machines. I also want to challenge them in ways that can't be solved by superior firepower.

I also want to be really mean to them, so that they only just survive. Missing limbs and good looks and really, really hating the enemy that screwed them over so bad, and almost killed them. 'cause this is Warhammer. And if you're not wading knee-deep in ****, then you'd better duck because another load is past due. And if you don't finish an adventure worse off than when you started it, then your GM is doing something wrong demonio.gif

Darth Smeg said:

I also want to be really mean to them, so that they only just survive. Missing limbs and good looks and really, really hating the enemy that screwed them over so bad, and almost killed them. 'cause this is Warhammer. And if you're not wading knee-deep in ****, then you'd better duck because another load is past due. And if you don't finish an adventure worse off than when you started it, then your GM is doing something wrong demonio.gif

Exactly my point, things should be hard, becuase hard makes fun.  To give an example of this, last mission of the campaign there were two objectives, both nearly impossible, but I knew they could figure it out.  But the primary objective was to retrieve the Nav crystal from an ancient crashed Eldar Ship, becuase yes, my Inquisitor was VERY radical.  (which is a nice way to say heretic)  So, there were 3 ways they could blatantly fail this, and that was, not figure out a way in, die from auto-turrets, or wake up the cryogenically frozen soldiers in Powered Wraith Armour, think Eldar Space Marines but without the unnatural toughness and not quite as much supper strength, but still tough armour, lots of wounds a power weapon and a wrist mounted shuriken catapult on the arm with a belt feed (2000 rounds)

For those of you who play the tabletop, you know that Shuriken Catapults are pretty good guns, but not great.  For those of you who played the OLD Rogue Trader tabletop and the 1st / 2nd ed WH40K you understand that Shuriken Catapults used to be rediculously broken, in the DH / RT / DW version, its more like the original, it is pretty broken. (1d10+4 pen 6 S/3/10)

So, my players did the smart thing, and seperated, long story short, out of five players, the Tech Priest lost her right arm, the Arbite lost his left leg, the Scum lost his face (rerolled charisma of 8, it made for some funny social situations) and his eyes and ears, the psycher was badly wounded but nothing that wouldn't regrow, the Assassin, well, he managed to get out without a scratch and also took down both of the Wraith Battle Armours, half luck and half willing to use his friends as cover... For the Emperor?  I am not so ready to give out much money and the cybernetics are EXPENSIVE, they pulled their money, and with some good barter rolls, and thanks to the tech priest, they managed to get low quality leg, eyes and ears, and a good quality arm for the tech priest.  Point being, there were several sessions of "Ohh God Ohh God. We're all going to die."  By the end of the mission and also the campaign they were quite willing to move on to something else, the setting is design to crush souls but to have fun doing it, and all of the players / characters understand that now, and even though they are the ones chosen to defend the empire from the less tangible threats, their duty will leave them broken and insane, but may give them power beyond the men they were originally.

two words: nova cannon! show him/her just how unfeeling the maschine god is by having one of its greatest weapons wipe out his servent. on a similar note the titan rules in one of the DW supplements could ruin his day :)

Hmmm, anything that makes my tech priest take an agility test.

One of our sessions we were lot in a jungle and there was a river quite deep and I didn't yet hate the mag-lev talents. Needless to say I was more scared of the river than anything else in the scenario. Taking into account the fact my tech priest tool the secutor advance, and he possibly can't swim, weighs over 500kg with gear (half a ton), and we had no ropes.

Luckily my str bonus is 5, and I could barely make it the other side by taking a nice run and jumping. I was scared ****less, but I rolled good and made it.

If the characters in your campaign are taking it too easy and are convinced that they're invulnerable, just set them straight as a GM by punishing them a little, and just make something out. Our ogryn guardsman had unnatural toughness x2 and was basically a walking wall of stell, not bad dodge either, and he hit like a truck. After too many "I run in the middle of the room and start one slash slicing minions in half", the GM had a psiker curse him and gave him the frail body or something. Reduced his 50something toughness to 20, making it 40 something with unnatural toughness. Permanently. That stopped the jumping in the middle of a bunch of bad guys. By the end of the campaign those 20 toughness were a bit too much of a nerf, so the GM gave him ogryn-made power armor. Now he's a bit more balanced.

Gregorius21778 said:

You are welcome ! :) 

Please inform me how it went and feel to go into great detail to describe the reactions of your Tech-Priest.

It was hilarious. The Acolytes were running through the Sinks, trying to get to the shore and hijack a boat (they didn't want to walk all the way through the city, clever boys). For some reason, the tech-priests wants to run ahead, as he can move much faster when using his Maglev than the Assassin with much-to-large boots (stolen from a citizen he murdered) on the badly paved and rubble-strewn streets of the Sinks.

Stupid.

So he runs into the ambush alone, several rounds before the others. Caught in the web, he falls over, helpless. The big guy with the circuit-lance runs over and smacks him in the arm with the long, nasty pointy thing, rolling 4d10 (thanks to the Helpless rules for extra damage) + his SB. Scoring a Fury, he deals the tech-priest some 45 Damage ripping through his force field, armour and all, taking his arm clean off (saves some lascutting time) killing him instantly (Fate Point burned).

Clive runs over and starts working the leg, while the others take up a defensive position around him (except the shooters on the roof). The cavalry arrive, but have a hard time avoiding nets and gunfire from the hidden shooters on the second floor. The Psyker manifests the perils of tha Warp, and loses the ability to use powers for 1 hour(!). Oh, sweet Karma :)

They drive off the wreckers, who use smoke grenades to cover their disengagement while the shooters provide cover fire. They lost their leader, but made off with an arm and a leg.

The tech priests player squirmed as he realized what was happening, and said he felt violated. Like a car who had its wheels stolen, and was left on a few piles of brick :)

We all loved it. It was GREAT :)