Sign in to follow this  
Avi_dreader

You Know You Play Too Much Arkham When...

I thought this might be a fun game (or not), finish the topic sentence however you'd like, silly, serious, or both.

I'll start:

When someone says on the boat or shipping and you immediately make an Innsmouth joke.

.....when you wake up in sweat in the middle of the night because those freaking Dholes are just UNSTOPABLE!!! The nightmares I have when I play for an extended period of time are just so f***ing creepy!

...when somebody asks you how the whether will be, and you answer "sunny and clear. Your Will will have great benefits for this". And generally speaking, whenever you talk about something environmental and you start citing Mythos cards

...  when being flustered in a social situation leads to you going completely off tangent and start describing Arkham Horror because it is more comfortable conversational ground for you (cough cough, yesterday).

I invited someone over to play Mansions, but missed an opportunity last night to say "care to join the order?"

Julia, if it's sunny and clear out, your will may be high, but your luck is low. Tread carefully!

limiter3118 said:

Your car breaks down and wish you could become deputy quickly so you could move as far as you want.

Love it!

When someone says, "I don't know what to do!"  and you calmly respond, "Find a clue token so you can pass your lore check."

When you no longer use expressions like "That's driving me crazy," but instead say, "Stop that, I'm running out of sanity points."  (Which incidentally strikes people as a more persuasive marker of insanity).

Tibs said:

I invited someone over to play Mansions, but missed an opportunity last night to say "care to join the order?"

Julia, if it's sunny and clear out, your will may be high, but your luck is low. Tread carefully!

::laughter::

While driving to your parents' house for over 4 hours, you wonder just how far and how fast a '20s automobile could possibly move to get you there in an instant (happened)

RocksLikeToast said:

when you go to the hospital and only expect to pay $2 to be restored to full health

Wouldn't be wonderful entering an Asylum and saying "Hello there. Here you have 2 bucks, please give me 6 brains"?

Julia said:

RocksLikeToast said:

when you go to the hospital and only expect to pay $2 to be restored to full health

Wouldn't be wonderful entering an Asylum and saying "Hello there. Here you have 2 bucks, please give me 6 brains"?

yeah except i'm pretty sure you would be there much longer than 1 turn if you did that xD

RocksLikeToast said:

Julia said:

RocksLikeToast said:

yeah except i'm pretty sure you would be there much longer than 1 turn if you did that xD

Maybe not if you start screaming, "Release me!  Release me!  The fate of the world depends on it!  Release me or I'll thrash you within an inch of your last stamina point!"

Your at a nightclub and the lights come on to signify closing time,

terror level goes up as the fight for cabs begin

or you have had one drink to many and you wake up in the morning and roll over to make a terror check cause of what is beside you

... when you see all this daily chaos in downtown Athens and you wonder "what does it take to get rid of that freakin' "Disturbing the Debt" Rumor"... 

Hamu said:

...when you're planning to buy a motorcycle so you can read more books.

I've been enjoying this thread in general, but I think that's the funniest one I've read so far.  Which is probably another sign that I play too much Arkham Horror.

Avi_dreader said:

Hamu said:

I've been enjoying this thread in general, but I think that's the funniest one I've read so far.  Which is probably another sign that I play too much Arkham Horror.

i concur on this one...i definitely lol'ed...

Avi_dreader said:

Hamu said:

Hey, Avi, started thinking about getting a Motorcycle then?