Sign in to follow this  
Void_onion213

Need Xeno name generator

Having the new xeno races are a nice addition to Rogue Trader. Even If the player is an experienced 40k player, the codex do not give a break down in the language of the race in question. The fact is not having a proper name generator for the Kroot or eldar either for NPC's or other wise is a major annoyance.

I personally don't really care about the rule that you have to be a 40k player to use the ork or kroot races. I'm not all that creative with names and would prefer to roll them. Guess the main point is, why didn't to add a modified name chart in Into the Storm to begin with?

Probably because it would use space better spent on other things on a topic of exceptionally limited utility.

There are dozens of random name generators on the web. And there was one that allowed you to put in a corpus of words, and it would jumble them up to spit out new words that were similar. So if you track down all the kroot name examples given (from both FFG and GW) you could generate your own random kroot names from them.

No link handy unfortunately. And yes, you'd have to do a fair amount of work to track them down.

Void_onion213 said:

I personally don't really care about the rule that you have to be a 40k player to use the ork or kroot races. I'm not all that creative with names and would prefer to roll them. Guess the main point is, why didn't to add a modified name chart in Into the Storm to begin with?

Lack of space - there's a lot of material in Into the Storm, and it was a challenge fitting everything in.

I did this in a neat little four column table in word, but the forum software keeps posting it as plain text much to my irritation. Here's a relatively neat plain text version: 

First part of Ork Name:

D10 Roll

1 Ard
2 Madd
3 Bad

4 Deff

5 Gragg

6 Kekks

7 Bakk

8 Bukk

9 Stabb

10 Gurk

Then roll again for the second part of the name

D10 Roll

1 Grad
2 Ork
3 Garx

4 Krak

5 Git

6 Snik

7 Gakk

8 Cradjaz

9 Thrakk

10 Kegza

Then if you wish roll for an Orkish title or nickname

D10 Roll

1 Da Strangla
2 Da Stabba
3 Da Worldkruncha

4 Da Bita'

5 'Ulkrida

6 Da Loon

7 Throatstampa

8 Da Merciless

9 Earbita

10 Armrippa

Thus rolling 3,7 and 1 gives you Baddgakk Da Strangla, a respectable Orkish name.

Edited by Lightbringer