Sign in to follow this  
Saikoro

Personal Quest !?question!?

This concern Patrice Hathaway ans Marie Lambeau personal story. they say to put clue token on their story card each tiem you DRAW a spell/unique. So does this mean I only have to active the UNique Item shop with Patrice in order to complete her personal story or is it each time I KEEP a unique? Cause it does sounds really really really lame to juste active the shop to complete it,no buying anything and still doing her quest(5 clue token reward). And Marie Lambeau has kinda the same quest but with spells. So I'd say its everytime you KEEP a unique/spell that you can qualify for you personal story am I right?

For personal stories, "draw" means "draw and keep." To pass Patrice's story, she cannot simply go shopping at the Curiosity Shoppe: she has to actually buy something, and do that twice. Or, of course, acquire a Unique Item at random via some other encounters.

Items you begin the game with never count towards "draw and keep" conditions, only towards "have X or more of ___" conditions (such as Dexter's "have 3 Tomes.")

Thank you, Tibs. You're the man.

Also, Im curious to know if the players use Personal Stories often. I liked them when I first got Innsmouth and it was cool.Now, I dont like them much and I tend to think it just make the game longer since you'll eventually try to do them and makes you focus a littles less on the essentials. Any thoughts on it?

I think they're cool and I always use them. You can completely ignore them, which may or may not make them fail, and that makes the game harder. Unless of course it's Tony, and failing his story makes the game easier :)

Yes i also always use them now, regardless if using the IH board or not.

I feel they add that extra element to the game, like relationship cards

Another thing to make you think about whilst playing, another simple but added complexiy

I never play without them, including with newbies. They give the investigators depth and they are surprisingly easy to keep track of. This is worth the minimal extra complexity.

Relationships, on the other hand, are very easy to forget. So they don't really offer added complexity because nobody remembers to use them!

I always use them - as Tibs noted they are easy to keep track of. They add a new dimension to the game without being difficult. Of course, sometimes passing them can be astonishingly hard to complete.  There are three investigators who've yet to pass their story (not counting Tony's who I always fail on purpose, since clues are much better than money).