Sign in to follow this  
Toqtamish

Lord of the Rings Quest Log

Mestrahd said:

One bad thing is you can only seem to enter 3 heroes even in a multiplayer game.

Yep. I've been playing dual-handed (2 starter decks but solo) and no use in logging my plays in there.

Dam said:

Mestrahd said:

One bad thing is you can only seem to enter 3 heroes even in a multiplayer game.

Yep. I've been playing dual-handed (2 starter decks but solo) and no use in logging my plays in there.

Playing solo with two decks is in a way a simulation of being two players. Perhaps you should log the game twice with the different heroes.

awesome tool! if ffg keeps this up and brings out more utilites and stuff, this should be a great game... the coolest thing for me... would be a campaign experience for this game... like a biiiiig nightmare mode, where the quests are interlinked storywise... in epic proportions that is... wait and see I guess... :D

About the only being able to enter three heroes thing...

This is linked to your profile, so this is reflecting YOUR plays. So if you play in a 4 player team, you're only recording your score. Your other friends can record their scores on their profile. At least that's the way I'm reading it.

I just logged my first game. Journey down the Anduin, score -24. Since the scoring system is what it is, I went for a perfect score. I don't really like the scoring system and I hope they invent a new one. If there will be any success in the future with tournaments the scoring must be done in a different way. Otherwise the game won't last long as a tournament game.

Does seem a shame that you can't even note the details of other players in a multi-player game. At the moment I only play solo or against my wife, although others have expressed a vague interest in the game, but nobody else uses the forums/has an FFG profile. For the moment, I'm writing myself a note in the text-box section, but it would be good to have some way of comparing which combinations of 6 or 9 heroes are popular/effective.

(The 3 heroes only thing also means I'll never get above 0% Aragorn usage, as my wife couldn't really contemplate questing without him)

I would like to also ask people to log their quests even if they fail. So we get an even better overview on how easy/hard the quests really are. Even if losing is a downer......lengua.gif

felix! absolutely right! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY vital, that everybody logs in their quests even the failed ones! because... obviously ffg is going to be using the quest log as a balancing tool... and why not, because only us, the community can provide the required data... if we don't log in all our attempts, we may never get a perfectly balanced game... e.g. if ffg sees, that tactics/lore is kind of a weak combination right now, they're going to work on that.... or if spirit is too powerful (just examples...)

PEOPLE don't be ashamed if you failed :D I did many many times... just gotta copy my sheet into the quest log now... any day...

It's a nice tool, but it really needs a better option to log multiplayer games. just to log your own heroes doesn't seem sufficient and logging the same game twice/thrice... to log all players that played one particular game is annoying and distorts the statistics.

Get all your friends to register and log their results. We need the info to be as complete as possible.

Hopefully we also get a more refined scoring system that take things such as no of turns int account.

anyone else have a problem with google chrome with the utility. I cannot seem to send the result (though it worked through IE on the same machine)

I can't get the summary to work, it just keeps asking me to log a quest and I don't have any details with me right now.

Do you have to log a quest before you can see the community stats etc? I don't want to create a fake quest just to see the stats which means I'll have to wait until I can fail a quest later... ;)