Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tomdidiot

Widow's Watch and Dupes

9 posts in this topic

Heya

Widow's Watch says "After you play a unique card from your hand....".  If I were to play a Dupe on (say) the Blackfish, would the Blackfish's dupe be a "unique card" and therefore allow me to trigger Widow's Watch to go fetch another dupe?

Thanks in advance

If I run 2 different versions of a unique card, would playing one allow me to search my deck for a copy of the other version?   Is "a copy of that card" defined by the name only?

Yes. The deck construction rules say that you can have up to three copies if a card BY TITLE. So as far as "copies" of cards are defined in this game, you go by title only.

Since I made the effort to find the actual quote in the CS rulebook while ktom was just typing away, I might just as well just post this now. ;)

From the CS rules:

Your House deck must contain at least 60 cards,
and may not contain more than three copies of a
card.

So, the CS rules treat different versions with the same name as copies of the same card.

ok cool.  I figured that was how it worked, it just seemed odd to consider the attachment version of Shaggy Dog a copy of the character version, when it was in the deck.   Makes sense, just wanted to be sure.