Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gentil Baba

First game, at last!

5 posts in this topic

We played for the first time this evening. I've been painting the figs for months! (I'm slow, and I was busy...)

We just set up a generic engagement, with six infantry and two cavalry units on both sides. Three objectives hexes were set in the middle hex row.

Game was supposed to last 8 turns but we stopped at the end of turn 5, as it was getting late.

Boy, that was fun! Here are a few pictures.

So, French set up, its cavalry on its left, British set up, cavalry on its right:

first_Battle_01.jpg

Here's the point of view from the French side. Notice one of the objective hexes in the center.

first_Battle_02.jpg

The French cavalry rushed for the objective on its right. British infantry units hastily formed square.

first_Battle_03.jpg

British rushed to the objective on their right flank. But at a cost, as the French fired at will and disordered the whole group! Meanwhile, British cavalry units manoeuvered to fill the gap in the center.

first_Battle_04.jpg

And as soon as they could, they charged the French infantry units which formed squares! (Hey, this was our first game! No subtility, here!)

first_Battle_05.jpg

On the French left side, French infantry pushed back the British and captured an objective!

first_Battle_06.jpg

On their right side, French cavalry units successfully routed a British unit in a suprise charge from an event card. Other infantry units defended in square, as British cavalry smashed the center.

first_Battle_07.jpg

We didn't finish. But, Boy! Did I say it? What a game! Next Wednesday, we will be playing again!

Bravo Ugo and Sergio!

MB

KlausFritsch said:

Fantastic work!

I am far too lazy to paint napoleonics.

It's not you're too lazy, it's just you're not crazy!

(Figs representing this era are a pain to paint! So much details! Know what I'm going to paint now? Good ol' Russian FoB soldiers! Ahaaa! No fuss!)

I painted all the miniatures needed for the scenario 4 first. Roughly, 85 miniatures plus a French Gun.

We played this scenario few times and then we selected scenario 7 and I just started to paint the miniatures needed for this scenario (around 25).

Then, we are going to play this scenario few times and will choose another one, ....

I proceeded the same way with Tide of Iron miniatures. Step by step.

A rule we have in our club : We don't use any unpainted miniatures to play, except for the first play test of the game.