Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tibs

Arkham Horror Statistics Reports

927 posts in this topic

Heh, it would appear that 5 is now the ideal investigator team size. I stand firmly by 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the % of the follwoing:

1. Combat spells in spell deck

2. Weapons in unique deck

3. Weapons in common deck

Assuming all expansions.

Thanx ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kroen said:

What is the % of the follwoing:

1. Combat spells in spell deck

2. Weapons in unique deck

3. Weapons in common deck

Assuming all expansions.

Thanx ahead.

Last time I checked (which was after Kingsport, before Black Goat) the probability of drawing a weapon in the Common item deck was in the high forties. I think about 46-47%

Weapons in the Unique Item deck was closer to high twenties, like a 27% or 28% chance.

I can't really remember for combat spells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 So doing some quick math, it looks like that out of 522 games played with Kingsport Horror, people have gotten the Changed card a whole 18 times. Has anyone reading this actually gotten Changed? Did you win the game? Did it seem worth it? It seems like it would be awesome to get Changed, but that it wouldn't actually be worth the time it would take. Any opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got changed! And believe it or not, The Great Seal actually prevent a gate burst at the woods! Also +1 max sanity and stamina are nice, but the real icing on the cake is the free clue per turn. I actually did won that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I imagine that is the best part. This is why Granny Orne is my favorite ally. I had her while fighting Shuddle M'ell in the final combat and that extra clue per turn really helps. Plus, the idea of me fighting a giant worm while a little old lady calls out helpful advice from nearby is just too fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see how Azathoth's chance of winning-by-final-battle is 100%

 

*Nyarlathotep awakens*

Nyar: Nyahaha, fear me

Investigator: Nah, we'll just fight you

Nyar: What? Get off me...

 

*Yig awakens*

Yig: Ffffear my poisssson

Investigator: Nah, we have this special weapon

Yig: Ahh, it burnssss, it burnssss

 

*Azathoth awakens*

Azathoth: Finally, breakfast

Investigator: Nah, we have a...

Azathoth: CHOMP!  What did you say you have?

Investigator: We had a world...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tibs said:

• Top contributors
These are the individuals who contributed the largest number of games:

  1. Morgaln   135   7.9%
  2. Tibs   130   7.6%
  3. flamethrower49   123   7.2%
  4. mageith   104   6.1%
  5. Dam   72   4.2%
  6. Vitus   65   3.8%
  7. jhaelen   59   3.5%
  8. Victimizer   33   1.9%
  9. dj   32   1.9%
  10. Cariosus   31   1.8%
     

6 months (pretty soon) of no AH for me and still 5th in totals sorpresa.gif ? Avi's of course lazy about reporting his, he would probably top the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some just aren't as zealous about this as others.  This is just fun to look at.  If my group was playing at its former pace, we would be past Tibs now.  But alas, you move on from college at some point.  (And have to buy your own copy of DH...)

 

I'm really struggling over wanting DH or IH next.  On the one hand, I love all the good old Dunwich toys.  Mark, Jackie, Marie, Migo Brain Case, and I/M cards and all.  But on the other hand, new investigators, personal stories, and a really harsh town are so alluring.  I'll probably end up flipping a coin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

flamethrower49 said:

Some just aren't as zealous about this as others.  This is just fun to look at.  If my group was playing at its former pace, we would be past Tibs now.  But alas, you move on from college at some point.  (And have to buy your own copy of DH...)

 

I'm really struggling over wanting DH or IH next.  On the one hand, I love all the good old Dunwich toys.  Mark, Jackie, Marie, Migo Brain Case, and I/M cards and all.  But on the other hand, new investigators, personal stories, and a really harsh town are so alluring.  I'll probably end up flipping a coin.

Tsk tsk tsk.  Hasn't Arkham taught you anything?  Roll a die :')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam said:

 

6 months (pretty soon) of no AH for me and still 5th in totals sorpresa.gif ? Avi's of course lazy about reporting his, he would probably top the list.

The sheer volume submitted by the top 10 is what keeps them at the top 10. Many users submit only a couple games. There are lots of anonymous submissions.

flamethrower49—when you first appeared on the scene, I knew you would take the 1st place spot. You were submitting them like crazy. Then Morgaln submitted a LOAD of games (which I'm sure surprised everyone) and jumped to 1st.

I actually can't wait till next month, when we have a ton of IH submissions, so I can place the new AOs and investigators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would start piling up my game records if I can get my group together.  I am NOT going solo again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: when claiming what expansions are being used, do you mean any part of that expansion?  I tend to keep my Mythos, Gate, and Encounter decks focused on 1, maybe 2 expansions at a time, but my Investigator decks are loaded with just about every little card I own.  I rarely play more than one extra board at a time, but I randomly choose from all Investigators, Ancient Ones, and Heralds.

In my last session, I didn't feel right claiming all expansions since, technically, I got to use them all, but the GAME only got to use AH and IH against me.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Sacrifices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jgt7771 said:

Question: when claiming what expansions are being used, do you mean any part of that expansion?  I tend to keep my Mythos, Gate, and Encounter decks focused on 1, maybe 2 expansions at a time, but my Investigator decks are loaded with just about every little card I own.  I rarely play more than one extra board at a time, but I randomly choose from all Investigators, Ancient Ones, and Heralds.

In my last session, I didn't feel right claiming all expansions since, technically, I got to use them all, but the GAME only got to use AH and IH against me.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Sacrifices?

It's up to you which expansion boxes you choose to check on the form. In general, this is how I roll:

  • If you're using an expansion board, you're using that expansion.
  • You're using Dark Pharaoh/King in Yellow/Black Goat if you're using their encounter cards. Small boxes are about theme, and the encounters is where you get most of the theme.
  • Expansion investigators, AOs, heralds (mostly), and items are not relevant to their expansion's theme, and don't count. Nor do Injury/Madness, Epic Battle, or Personal Stories. A base game session of AH is still base game, even if you use Mark Harrigan and his flamethrower.

Use your best judgment. If I see someone has checked "the Dunwich Horror awoke" and they didn't check Dunwich as one of their expansions, then something's up and I'll probably change it. Haven't seen anything like that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to beat Yibb and the Black Goat during a break between classes today. Sixty seven minutes later I was packing up the board thouroughly shamed. That was the quickest defeat of my career. I was playing solo with 2 investigators and randomly drew Bob and Mandy (yes!). Didn't help. Mandy went down three times in the second area of another world. I've never seen the doom track rise so quickly.

Yibb awoke, snacked on Mandy in the first turn and then drew an epic battle card where the investigators don't attack. So there was poor little Bob, all alone, with one focus, not even allowed to attack. It was pretty sad.

Tonight my friends are availiable, so we try round two! (Probably a 4-5 player game this time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooray! I finally managed to beat Y'Golonac and the Dunwhich Horror. I didn't choose them randomly, I've just been picking out the unbeaten combos for challenge's sake. Also, I'm not 100% sure if it counts because we used Hypnos, and he really helps out a lot.

Four investigator game. My girlfriend got the enviable Daisy (you'll see luck played a large part in this game) and two buddies got Darrel and Carolyn. To round out this dream team, I drew Sister Mary (dang it, I don't have Innsmouth yet, so she still pretty much sucks.

Our starting equipment was strangely good, including a tommy gun, a healing stone, a golden sword and spectral razor. Later on Darrel bought a sword of glory and Daisy found an elephant gun. I was Mary, and had to trade away Spectral Razor in the rumor (I think the great ritual) to earn us all clue tokens. I found a magic knife, and later a ritual blade.

The Dunwhich horror was pretty sluggish throughout. Only three gates opened up in Dunwhich and we managed to seal all three pretty quickly, hunting down the monsters before they snuck into the vortices. We only drew one tome (even though Darrel insisted on shopping at the Curiosity shop, making us all nervous... he is just not a team player) and no cultists came on the board. Unfortunately we kept drawing two doom token cards and only once did a mythos hit a seal, so it wasn't too long before the AO woke, with four seals on the board (3 in dunwhich).

Fortunately, Daisy had stumbled upon a warding statue in her other world, which is essential for fighting Mr. Mouth-Hands. We also lucked out and drew the epic battle where you regain two sanity, and Darrel had two food items. We were all at pretty much full health and had just turned in most of our trophies for blessings (which we promptly lost all but Carolyn's almost immediately) and were able to beat him at the five round (not really sure if the warding statue means it doesn't increase, but I went ahead and said it did). One more epic draw and we'd be chewed up. Very close, very scary.

But an awesome game, probably the best one I've had for a very long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter to me (or to the stats reports) if you use a guardian.

Hmm. I seem to recall that if you cancel an Ancient One's attack, then that still counts as a round. I know that the relevant base-game AOs have attacks that get more severe by the round, but I can't say for sure if Y'Golonac operates similarly. I'd have to see if his sheet says the attack gets harder "each round" versus "each attack."

Nice job, though. Epic battle is tough to manage, and Y'Golonac can be nasty. Sounds like you knew what you were doing. I had to fight him in the first league, because someone insisted on shopping and a Tome was drawn; we would have won by seals if that had not happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tibs said:

It doesn't matter to me (or to the stats reports) if you use a guardian.

Hmm. I seem to recall that if you cancel an Ancient One's attack, then that still counts as a round. I know that the relevant base-game AOs have attacks that get more severe by the round, but I can't say for sure if Y'Golonac operates similarly. I'd have to see if his sheet says the attack gets harder "each round" versus "each attack."

Nice job, though. Epic battle is tough to manage, and Y'Golonac can be nasty. Sounds like you knew what you were doing. I had to fight him in the first league, because someone insisted on shopping and a Tome was drawn; we would have won by seals if that had not happened.

 

Are you positively sure he wasn't a cultist in disguise?  He could be insisting on buying so he draws tomes gran_risa.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tibbs, I always thought AH stats were pure fan stuff, but now I ve seen your web page, I think it is really really interesting, and remarkable job you ve accomplished. I filled it for our last game, and I now really regret I didn't keep notes of our previous games (around ten so far) because I would have loved to help you contributing to your stats !

 

Can I make a suggestion to you ? could you please put the "job" of investigators after their name ? betwen "(" and ")", if you want, but at least something to help us reminding who is who, because for instance, I'm at work right now, and I forgot some of the names of our invests... but I clearly recall we used the private eye, the doctor, the psychologist and the photographer.

 

Keep up the excellent work, man !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should be able to get a game going with my friends on Friday, since my friend's final test is on Thursday (mine's on Wednesday, so 1 day to prepare to face Azathoth's minions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hem said:

Tibbs, I always thought AH stats were pure fan stuff, but now I ve seen your web page, I think it is really really interesting, and remarkable job you ve accomplished. I filled it for our last game, and I now really regret I didn't keep notes of our previous games (around ten so far) because I would have loved to help you contributing to your stats !

 

Can I make a suggestion to you ? could you please put the "job" of investigators after their name ? betwen "(" and ")", if you want, but at least something to help us reminding who is who, because for instance, I'm at work right now, and I forgot some of the names of our invests... but I clearly recall we used the private eye, the doctor, the psychologist and the photographer.

 

Keep up the excellent work, man !

Thank you. It's all right if you don't have prior games: just keep playing them and keep submitting them!

The reason I don't put the occupations on the list is twofold: it would take up too much space, and the occupations would be separated by commas, just like the characters. It would be confusing to look at. Besides, this is a game of theme: it's better to remember the characters by name than by role!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to see the victory/loss conditions on a god-for-god basis? For instance, would it be impossible to see the number of sealing victories, closing victories, victory in final combat, loss in final combat, etc. for Yig and the other GOOs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've added one of my own games.  Poor Azathoth doesn't know the meaning of 'THE LOCATION IS SEALED!  YOU CANNOT OPEN A GATE THERE'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acebob said:

Is it possible to see the victory/loss conditions on a god-for-god basis? For instance, would it be impossible to see the number of sealing victories, closing victories, victory in final combat, loss in final combat, etc. for Yig and the other GOOs?

My list of "hardest to fight" reveals the defeat percentage in final combat. From that you can extrapolate the victory percentage in final combat.

"Most restless" is the hardest to win by seals and closed gates. I could look into making two different lists for closing and sealing, but I probably won't do it next time because the data will be spread too thin on all the Innsmouth AOs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0