Sign in to follow this  
David Spangler

At last, the Asian faction...but now how about the Caliphate?

I'm very glad to see an Asian faction brought into play into this great game. The Shogunate looks awesome.  And I'm still hoping for a fourth faction, perhaps African or South American.  Why not?  An African faction, perhaps a resurgent Caliphate using Arabian magic (flying carpets, yay! and Djinns!) or shamanic powers from the deepest jungles of central Africa would be most excellent.  Berber warriors would rule. Instead of Lawrence of Arabia, there could be Ali of Europe!

There's still lots to be done with inner factions as well. The Union could harness totemic powers of Aboriginals that are in conflict with the blood sacrifices from Aztecs/Incas, both of whom are trying to become the primary magical force in the Union. The Reich could have a group who have possessed the remains of ancients, be they King Arthur or the last incarnation of Vishnu (I think...),  or having scientists who've recreated mythological creatures to be used in he same fashion as wardogs. And to be honest, I'd rather see the factions we have now more fully fleshed out so you can build groups aligned to a certain group that works slightly differently within their particular faction before throwing more out there.

I agree, more "sub-factions" like the Blutstrum, and the Esiendivision, would be better then a fifth or sixth faction. Remember, it was tomany new factions and not enough support for the current line up that led to the demise of AT-43. I'm proud of FFG for giving the fans what they want, but they can't give us everything we want.

I'm not sure we need a 5th faction - at least not yet.  After the Shogunate is fleshed out with more characters and (hopefully) a map, what I want from Tannhauser is depth.  Give me depth in the form of additional troopers and heroes for each existing faction, more maps to play on, and perhaps even a semi-story driven campaign box with linked battles.

The flavour of other countries/settings could still be brought into the game by adding allied characters to already existing factions. Italy (?) for the Reich, French resistance fighters or scottish for the Union, etc.

Katsuyori said:

The flavour of other countries/settings could still be brought into the game by adding allied characters to already existing factions. Italy (?) for the Reich, French resistance fighters or scottish for the Union, etc.

I think there are a lot of unexplored ideas for the current factions, and while the traditional nationalities are interesting there is historical reasons for cross faction nationalitties, i.e. a german as a Union hero or vice versa.

Like for the Reich you could draw ides from the Free Amerika Korps, a WW2 Waffen SS Division comprised of US citizens.

In the Union you could have a character like the men from the historical 442nd a Japanese American unit, that is one of the most decorated units ever.

And there's the oppisite of what you mentioned, like the French collaborators.

But back to what Katsuyori was saying, the UK Empire was huge, with current and former colonies around the world like India, Canada, Australia, New Zeland, Ireland, and during WW2 the British maintained the security for many of Holland's colonies, and they captured or prevented 3rd Reich intervention in many of France's, Belgium's, and Italy's Africian colonies. So there you have a vast world to chose from to create new characters.

The US of course had territories through out the Pacific captured from the Spanish in the Spanish American War.

The Germans had African colonies, as well as territory in New Guinea, and the Pacific islands.

Also one last note the old Tannhauser timeline begins well before the 1800s, and because the nature of the Russian Empire is so different from the one we know, there is no reason to assume Alaska was sold to the US, by the Matriarchy.

Well thats enough babbling for now...

Ohoh! Italy into Tannhauser: characters usefull like mobile targets! We (yes, "we" because I'm Italian) fought with paperboard shoes, trashy weapons, untrained soldiers and awful military tactics (and leave behind the politics please); the resistance (the partisans) was equipped even worse: What a disaster!

We aren't been too organized after the first half roman age: we are smart people with a huge heart, humor, excellent cooking, inclination to art and science, etc... but really really really disorganized in any context of any age (It's embarrassing).

Carlos Castaneda said:

Ohoh! Italy into Tannhauser: characters usefull like mobile targets! We (yes, "we" because I'm Italian) fought with paperboard shoes, trashy weapons, untrained soldiers and awful military tactics (and leave behind the politics please); the resistance (the partisans) was equipped even worse: What a disaster!

We aren't been too organized after the first half roman age: we are smart people with a huge heart, humor, excellent cooking, inclination to art and science, etc... but really really really disorganized in any context of any age (It's embarrassing).

And good at skulduggery, subterfuge and lying, as it where :D

Don't worry, I love Italians (just don't play games against them)

Carlos Castaneda said:

o_O! Oh my god... I know it's said that... poor me! llorando.gif In some way you've reason, but are many less than you think: for example I'm not.

Carlos, That made no sense.

Ops... my bad English!? Sorry, I try again:

o_O! Oh my god... I know the world consider we like this... sad.gif I'm ashamed, really.

In some way you've reason, but sly and lying people are less than you think: for example I'm not, and my family, my girlfriend (and her family) and my friends too. But those few people are more well-known, because a honest man isn't noted. Italy would be different with more severity in application of laws: but it's a complex debating point, and my Eglish is so poor... and I'm ashamed again...

Ok, I stop to mourn for that: let's come in Italy: it's fabulous place! gran_risa.gif

No problem. Italy is a nice country with (mostly) nice people in it, and great food. It´s not fair to judge a country and it´s inhabitants by events that are more than half a century in the past, right? More so if these events took place in a war. And I still hope Italian Soldiers will have an appereance in Tannhäuser, perhaps allied to the Reich corazon.gif 

Katsuyori said:

No problem. Italy is a nice country with (mostly) nice people in it, and great food. It´s not fair to judge a country and it´s inhabitants by events that are more than half a century in the past, right? More so if these events took place in a war. And I still hope Italian Soldiers will have an appereance in Tannhäuser, perhaps allied to the Reich corazon.gif 

I'm not judging them because of their history, they are notorious around Europe for cheating at games. Like Danes, (I'm a dane) are notorious for drinking too much and behaving like vikings, or Germans and all their sausages and punctuality ... it's just one of those things, Italiens have a reputation for stealing, lying and cheating ... beautiful country though, and of course Italians doesn't steal lie or cheat, it's just a stereotype, but a fun stereotype :)

sejestephan said:

I'm not judging them because of their history, they are notorious around Europe for cheating at games. 

They are? I didn´t know that ;)

sejestephan said:

Like Danes, (I'm a dane) are notorious for drinking too much and behaving like vikings, or Germans and all their sausages and punctuality ...

Rrright, I fullfill the stereotype 100%. I love sausages, and punctuality is a must.

Well I guess we're all sterotypes here on the Tannhauser fourms, I'm an American, I have more guns and ammo than a developing nation, and a pickup truck.