Sign in to follow this  
Svarte Hanske

Rogue Trader music!

I've been looking for possible music to play while gaming RT, and for now I found that MUSE "Black Holes and Revelations" album from 2006 is pretty good for this. 

The music video of "Knights of Cydonia" is an insane collection of western + kung fu + future tech. And the title "Black Holes and Revelations" makes me think about chaos, the processional of the damned and similar.

Also trying out Smashing Pumpkins "Machina/ the machines of God", since it is kind of creepy here and there.

Post your RT music! :)

Okay, does your friends wear armour when they meet you? Would you like to talk about your aggressive behaviour? 

Instead of coming with threats I would rather see you post music that you could conceivably listen too in a RT-game without gouging out eyes OR music that inspires you, making you think about interesting concepts in RT.

Monster Magnet - "Goliath and the Vampires"

Anything Rhapsody of Fire

There was a band called Dragonfire I think...I forget the name exactly.

Video Game remixes! Castlevania! Final Fantasy! Dynasty Warriors! 

For Rogue Trader, Wagner's Ridge of the Valkires seems a great place to start for space battles, orbital insertions/bombardments, and armoured columns moving across plains. It may be a cliche, but it is cliche for a reason.

A recent and very good release that lends itself to sci fi gaming is the Tron soundtrack by Daft Punk.

For something a bit off-beat (and scary as all get out) check out the monster industrial soundtrack to the crazy Japanese movie 'Tetsuo the Iron Man'.

A UK DJ called Luke Slater used to put out some great ambient Techno under the name 'Planetary Assault Systems' which is very atmospheric and great for exploration in the unknown.

And can I say 'Darth Vader' here?  If so then 'Darth Vader's Theme' for inspecting the troops, or during a grand entrance.

I like ambient dark or black metal, like Alerseeleen, Arcturus (match perfect to me), Jesu, maybe Corvus Corax (eletronic mixed with medieval compositions), to the baroque setting of The Emperium i like Jordi Savall, real baroque, the soundtrack of The Mission film, can be nice for a religious and sad climax, like the film.

on Youtube

I'm of the opinion  that the Battlestar Galactica remake's soundtrack has a suitably 40k feel to it for background music during a gaming session, and it's less distracting than songs which have lyrics.

If you want some epic music then the sound tracks from Babylon 5 would go nicely.  Also with sound track 2001 a space odessey could be very at atmospheric.

If you want something chaotic then Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds From Her to Etermity would be a great piece of music.

If you are dealing with the Ecclesiarchy then Gregorian Chants would set the mood perfectly.

There is a piece of music used for the theme tune for the BBC radio comedy Old Harry's Game that would work nicely if you needed something sinister.