Sign in to follow this  
lost.prophet

Is FFG dropping Talisman?

Velhart said:

Maybe they announce something after the UK games expo 2011...

Yeah, i'm thinking about that possibility too!

Sorry if I go OT but the italian publisher for The Sacred Pool as delayed the release , i'm very pissed, needed to tell that to someone enfadado.gif

I think some people really need to take a step back and look at what they have been posting here.

There has never been a decree from FFG that they would release (or announce) anything at specified times of the year, despite what may have occured with previous releases.

In the previous two years, the releases from FFG (with the addition in recent times of Dust Games titles) has increased vastly, so this is bound to have some sort of impact on the release schedule for other games.

Posts claiming that  "FFG don't care" and other such things (including the use of inappropriate language) do nothing to help the situation, in fact they might have the opposite effect if general opinion was to turn against FFG.

People also need to stop reading too much into things that are irrelevent. If you have time enough to speculate on this, that and the other, then your time is better suited playing some Talisman or *insert name of other game here whilst we wait until FFG give us some news.

<heads back under the couch>

The only thing that pisses me off is that on the FFG facebook page there are no pictures/photos about Talisman in the boardgame section ; I dont like that, it sounds like "we got cooler games than Talisman,that game is old!"

Thankfully, the voice(s) of reason from Jon & The Wizard.

It makes a change from all "the sky is falling" style posters.

You've been blessed with regular expansions over the last few years. Sit back now & start developing where YOU want the game to go. Start making your cards with Strange Eons. Add some of JC Hendees cards. Then, when FFG brings out another expansion, enjoy the hype.

Life's too short for meaningless fretting.

I agree with Jon happy.gif

We must give FFG all the time they need to make a new expansion.

We can only wait, so let's go back to our own lifegui%C3%B1o.gif

Let's play a talisman gamegran_risa.gif

Before anyone blames me for starting all this, I'll end up summarizing the core of my untolerable and void polemic:

- If we're going to get an expansion in August/September, even if posponed to November, I want to have the announcement now. In the Upcoming section there are the "Concept Stage" and "in Development" stages. FFG could use these, give peace to our hearts and wait until we grow excited. Now we're just getting worried; it's obvious that someone is complaining or saying unappropriate things. It's almost legitimate. If you raise a child with wrong habits (assumed that getting an expansion every 6 months is a wrong habit) he will naturally complain if you deprive him of what made him happy.

- I need a FAQ because Talisman has some gaps/mechanics that are not easy to communicate. For me every game is more painful than the game before: since I'm the only player following the forums, I'm the only one informed about the rule talkabout and the only person entitled to say "this has been ruled as...". My fellow players are tired of me saying "sorry, you cannot do this because they ruled that..." and I'm tired of saying "but this is not official, you'll find the answer if your dig deep in the forums, but I really don't know if it is true or not". The more skilled your fellow players are, the more you will argue about details not covered by the Rules. I'm at the point that some players don't like playing Talisman as much as 1 year ago. This is bad.

I don't think this is pointless criticism. Talisman is my favourite game; it's my favourite FFG game and I believe this is the best edition ever. I don't say my expectations have been disattended; I'm saying that if they delay expansions and don't update the FAQ regularly, they're somehow wasting what they've done in the 2009-2010.

Of course I have a life to live and I do not need to follow the forums. If FFG keeps on ignoring us like this, it is not only worthy but almost necessary to leave these forums deserted. They're going to release material when they're ready, they're not giving a common official support; & I don't want to share home brew stuff here, The result is: you'd better leave the forum, you've nothing to do here, you're desired only as a fanboy who always says "good, great, let's wait". Well, I can wait without writing or teasing anyone, but the same coolnessI can stop buying Talisan. FFG's choice.

The_Warlock said:

- If we're going to get an expansion in August/September, even if posponed to November, I want to have the announcement now. In the Upcoming section there are the "Concept Stage" and "in Development" stages. FFG could use these, give peace to our hearts and wait until we grow excited. Now we're just getting worried; it's obvious that someone is complaining or saying unappropriate things. It's almost legitimate. If you raise a child with wrong habits (assumed that getting an expansion every 6 months is a wrong habit) he will naturally complain if you deprive him of what made him happy.

+1

8 months without news, we deserve some information about the future of this game.

But the only answer you will get on this forum is "be patient"... I will temporarily stop following this forum and I'm pretty sure that when I will be back in ten month, there will be the same people telling us to be patient...

Well... sorry for the trolling but FFG's attitude is really disappointing. sad.gif

I think it is normal that people get angry when they are ignored. Just look what‘s happening in france...
But I‘m sorry for my unappropriate wording. Sometimes feelings must come out, otherwise they will settle in my psyche.

Btw. Dear FFG: I‘m still waiting for the reply to my e-mail I‘ve send in March...

Thank you for your great support!

It's kind of a fun thread to read. I had some time to read these past days and here's my conclusion.

Don't panic!!!!

Other FFG games are also not getting news about expansion. BattleLore is in the shadow of Bow even if there's a lot of player (here and on the French side) for BL. There's still a lot of stuff that can be created... new race type, campaign, etc but there's no news at all about the future. An on the other side, look at game that get new stuff after a really long delay without news. Tannhauser, A lot of new stuff, factions, card deck, etc but it was a while before anything new between 1st and revised edition. Twilight Imperium is getting an expansion... who predict it? Gears of War? So please don't panic.

The cycle actually show that other game are getting all the love but it don't mean that it's over for our loved game. Right now, they put a lot of works on the LotR LCG, Dust Tactics and BoW. It's also summer time and GenCon is coming soon enough. There will be plenty of news then (I hope!!!). And did you see that there was some post about recruiting new staff on the main page. It's probably not bad news. For sure they could be less secretive about what's coming.

Have a nice day :-)

Cigal

Spyboy said:

FFG would never quit such a brilliant game, so stop scaring people.

Waitingtime is finally over..  Dragonlands expansion are just around the corner...happy.gif

Here it is...

well, well, well...someone had some inside information...this was posted two weeks ago...