Sign in to follow this  
Titan

Pursued by Shadow before questing

So, when Pursued by Shadow shows up as the first card off the deck during set up of the Anduin scenario, how is it supposed to be played? I always raise my threat by 3, as I don't see how else to play it, but it seems brutally unfair when you haven't even gotten a chance to go questing yet. Maybe it needs an errata to specify that it shouldn't apply during set up conditions.

Official FAQ will probably answer this, but to be honest this is fair.

You do not have to deal with any location nor any enemy , you just raise threat by 3.

I know what you mean - you build everything up for the confrontation with the troll in the second or third turn and suddenly you must deal with him in the first round. I played it like you, raise the threat. But I was close to post that same question here ;)

I don't understand. Driven by Shadow does nothing in the set-up phase.

It says that it raises the threat of the cards in the SA but there are no cards in the SA. And even if there were some, their threat isn't relevant until the Quest phase.

You don't even apply the Surge keyword as it is only active during the Quest phase.

Text : When Revealed: Each enemy and each location in the staging area gets +1[threat] until the of the phase. If there are no cards in the staging area, Driven by Shadow gains surge.

fabest said:

Well yes, in that case, you raise your threat by the amount of Hero you are playing.

Not the worst card to start with in my opinion.

Not the worst Card you say????? Dealing with troll on the first troll in the first round this is deck for 80% of the current decks.

We still not sure about when reveal effect in setup. According the FAQ surge doomed and guarded is working in setup. About when revealed effect there is nothing so lets wait next one.

Glaurung said:

fabest said:

Well yes, in that case, you raise your threat by the amount of Hero you are playing.

Not the worst card to start with in my opinion.

Not the worst Card you say????? Dealing with troll on the first troll in the first round this is death for 80% of the current decks.

fabest said:

You don't even apply the Surge keyword as it is only active during the Quest phase.

This was clarified in the FAQ: Surge applies in all phases.