Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyBatman

Character cards from other games....

I am new to Runewars and love it! I am not a fan of Descent and I own the old GW Dungeonquest, so I won't be buying the new one.

Can anyone tell me what all games/expansions are out there that have character cards for Runewars? From what I understand there have been a few games where character cards have been included for a myriad of other games. I would like to expand my character base for Runewars through trades or something, but I need to know who to target with offers based upon titles others may own that I need cards from. Does that make sense? If not, call me crazy!

GrumpyBatman said:

Can anyone tell me what all games/expansions are out there that have character cards for Runewars? From what I understand there have been a few games where character cards have been included for a myriad of other games. I would like to expand my character base for Runewars through trades or something, but I need to know who to target with offers based upon titles others may own that I need cards from. Does that make sense? If not, call me crazy!

The only official Runewars hero cards that don't come in the Runewars box are the 6 heroes in the new DQ and the 3 promo heroes (not including Nara), who had RW hero cards added to their treat bags later in the cycle.  I don't remember there being a Runewars card for Nara in Sea of Blood (only Descent and RB), although I may have simply forgotten about it.

There are fan-made Runewars cards for almost every other hero, but those aren't official, of course.  They can be found on the files section of BGG if you want to take a gander.

For what it's worth, if you do get the fan-made Heroes I made, that some of them may be changing; after some playing, discussion, and examination, some of them need a little tweaking to either make them more useful or prevent them from being slightly over the top.

GrumpyBatman said:

The treat bag would be the most difficult to come by I suppose.

As far as I know, they were all given out/sold around Christmas a couple years ago.  The only place you'r elikely to find them now is eBay and the like, and prices seem to be exorbitantly high from what I've heard.

Steve-O said:

GrumpyBatman said:

The treat bag would be the most difficult to come by I suppose.

As far as I know, they were all given out/sold around Christmas a couple years ago.  The only place you'r elikely to find them now is eBay and the like, and prices seem to be exorbitantly high from what I've heard.

I think it was actually only about a year ago, it was shortly after the 2010 "Realms of Terrinoth" event.  (Runewars has only been out since early 2010, after all) :)

But it is insane how expensive they got.  I'm glad I got a set, but it is a bit disheartening that FFG doesn't make them more widely available to people.