Sign in to follow this  
Rashley

Infinite play styles

I was at a tournament recently in Northampton UK, and was amazed at how differently each player played the game.  I am not talking about the rules, but set up and arrangement of cards, boards and other pieces.  Not just the protection issue of sleaves and playmats, but the use / non use of tokens and boards.  Some like to put damage tokens on developements to more easily see the 8 on the board to win.  Others do away with tokens entirely and have substituted dice and the like.  I hadn't seen the card sized capital boards before and, although I appreciate the easier portability, I personally found them more difficult to use because of their small size.  Some players had made their own tokens for marking increased Power points and Hit points on cards.  There were also many variations on card layouts, all of which made a fascinating insight into game styles.  It didn't cause any problems and inevitably, a good time was had by all.  Cheers!

It is interesting how different players approach the use of tokens and assigning damge, like most things in life it probably comes down to individiual preference and style. As long as its made clear for the oppoenent what the dice or other markers represent then its all good.

Personally I moved away from using tokens and use dice as I find them clearer and easier to use. With reagrds to the card size capital boards they are useful when you haven't got a large gaming area to play on but I'm not a huge fan of them either. With the release of legends there use may be pretty limited anyway.

I like to use little green glass markers to mark corrupted units. I find it easier than making room in my battlefield or wherever to shift a unit sideways which is a bit subtle on a busy board anyway. add nice visuals such as a pox or something covering half the opponents units too :P

Guest Not In Sample

sounds like a great game , i'm tempted .