Sign in to follow this  
Mishiman

Is there a chance for a reprint of DW corebook without errors?

Each time I check errata and many times I read FFG wh40k books line I wonder how can they release products with so many mistakes and errors inside. They products are expensive and one would expect some more proof reading which should not be very difficult if rpg noob as myself can see errors with just first read of particular book [RoB for example]. Now someone could say that there is living errata on this page so what is the problem? Maybe I am weird but I do not like to have big book that I must constantly confront with website errata because there are so many errors inside. So I would be very happy if someone with good inside info from FFG could answer my question -  Is there a chance for a reprint of DW corebook without errors [what I mean is version that include all errata corection]?

Shadow Walker said:

Each time I check errata and many times I read FFG wh40k books line I wonder how can they release products with so many mistakes and errors inside. They products are expensive and one would expect some more proof reading which should not be very difficult if rpg noob as myself can see errors with just first read of particular book [RoB for example]. Now someone could say that there is living errata on this page so what is the problem? Maybe I am weird but I do not like to have big book that I must constantly confront with website errata because there are so many errors inside. So I would be very happy if someone with good inside info from FFG could answer my question -  Is there a chance for a reprint of DW corebook without errors [what I mean is version that include all errata corection]?

Proof reading checks grammar and spelling. The proofreading of the games was generally fine, and the errata haven't for the most part been correcting those kinds of mistakes. The errata have been correcting issues that have arisen during play. It's not a proofreader's job to play the game or to pick up rules issues. FFG playtested their games of course, but five playtest groups aren't going to notice and report every issue that 5000 actual game groups notice.

It'd be nice to get a corrected version, but I'm not holding my breath. Publishing is surprisingly complex and expensive work, and FFG would have to do a fair bit of page redesign, sending off to printers again and all that, and they'd need to know that they would sell enough new copies to make it worthwhile (Which is a challenge, considering that probably 80-90% of the copies that they will ever sell have already been picked up in the initial rush of interest)