Sign in to follow this  
heisenburg

Advanced Specialties and Oaths

A chaplain may perform a special oath because he's a chaplain. What that oath is, well its anyone's guess as the book doesn't tell us. We'll just have to wait till an FAQ or errata tells us what this oath is.

MAY THE ALLFATHER BADE YOU A GLORIUS DEAD IN HIS NAME BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......I BELIEVE THE SPECIAL OATH IS "LITURGIES OF BATTLE" REFERED RIGHT THERE IN THE CHAPLAIN DESCRIPTION......BEING THAT IT CAN EXCLUSIVELY BE TAKEN BY THE CHAPLAIN WHEN SAID BROTHER IS THE LEADER OF THE KILL-TEAM I BELIEVE THAT´S THE SPECIAL OATH THEY MAKE REFERENCE TO..........HOPE I HELPED YOU BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!.........FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah you are correct  I had confused the issues of "which squad mode abilities this oath allows him to utilize" with "whats the new oath". Yes Liturgies of Battle is the Chaplains special oath.

The question still remains, what squad mode abilities does this oath allow the kill-team to use?

Two options: either you ask the player to take a regular oath the character could, just to determine what codex stances can the group use, or you allow the group to have two oaths at once.

You are not wrong.

The issue we have in this thread now, and would like to see clarified, is: What Squad Mode Abilities does the Liturgies of Battle oath allow the kill-team to use in a mission?

Ah yes, I shouldn't post when unattentive.

Tunnelhckrat said:

I Can see a Chaplain having Strongpoint, Furious charge, and squad advance.

I'd vote for Furious Charge, Regroup and (Bolter Assault or Fire Support or Squad Advance). That would be 2 Attack patterns, 1 Defensive Stance (and an offensive Defensive Stance at that.)

Or a custom one for 3rd. That would be cool.

Alex

I agree on Furious Charge. I think Bolter Assault is a good contender as well. Both fit very well with the role the chaplain seems most fit to fullfil, that of leading a charge into the heart of the enemy. Although they both do essentially the same thing (just differing with melee, and ranged attack).

Regroup is the best choice of the defensive modes, and fits the chaplain very well too. But I wouldn't be adverse to a unique special squad mode for any of liturgie's slots.