Sign in to follow this  
drakslayer

How many of you guys don't have Dunwich Horror?

My suspicion is that it will eventually get reprinted. There is demand for it and FFG is a company. I suspect in the wake of the Miskatonic Horror Expansion you will see several reprints.

In the intervening time, you might want to buy the Miskatonic Horror when it comes out and use the Injury / madness cards found therein. Whilst they won't have the danger of drawing duplicate cards, they will offer investigators a "free heal" for a dehabilitating penalty.

Master Fwiffo said:

I do.  I want Injury and Madness darnit!

Innsmouth is next on my list to get - unless Dunwich pops up before it does.

If it just just the injury/madness cards you want simply print your own out. Once FFG realise they are losing potential sales by not reprinting they will put it higher in the queue.

I have a suspicious that Dunwich is being held back so that we are 'forced' to buy the other big box expansions first - maybe they sell less well than Dunwich?

You won't be dissapointed if you get Innsmouth, though. But be warned, you may never win a game again :P

I was hoping to snag a copy when it reprinted at a reasonable price but it just was taking too long! enfadado.gif

In the end I cracked - I was fortunate enough to grab the last copy at a store in Toronto. Paid full price though. sad.gif

But I really had to work for it - I basically called every game store in the GTA to ask if they had it in stock.

My (anecdotal) guess is that the smaller game stores which don't have a website or publish their game selection online are more likely to have a copy.

But for now?

Ebay? nope. Online? Not a chance.

And Dunwich Horror does look pretty at my desk now! babeo.gif

Tibs said:

Kraw, I hope you're joking on all accounts.

::Laughter:: actually, the idea of printing out a proxy madness and injury deck for use until the Dunwich reprint comes out isn't a bad one.  Even if it might not be such a great idea advocating it on the forum of the company's that owns the copyright of the aforementioned material ;'D

Avi_dreader said:

Tibs said:

::Laughter:: actually, the idea of printing out a proxy madness and injury deck for use until the Dunwich reprint comes out isn't a bad one.  Even if it might not be such a great idea advocating it on the forum of the company's that owns the copyright of the aforementioned material ;'D

Well you could tweak them then print out your own custom madness/injury deck. Heck you could make them easier or harder to deal with according to taste.

Tibs said:

I'm semi serious. Dunwich has been in short supply for a long time and has been in the "queue" for a reprint for a while also.

I can not advocate the breaking of copyright, but if a fan wants is the injury/madness decks then what is the real harm in them printing out their own copies until Dunwich becomes available?

Maybe I shouldn't have said "all" counts. You're also right about Innsmouth being difficult.

Yes, I think that printing out the Injury/Madness, and even investigators and AOs, would be a great idea while waiting for Dunwich. I was just shocked at your suggestion about FFG holding back Dunwich in order to pick up sales of the other expansions. It's most probable that Dunwich is in the same print run as Dark Pharaoh II and Miskatonic, and honestly, why would you hold back your most profitable expansion to one of your most popular games?

Took me forever to get it ,it seems. If your willing to check certain small game store's websites online you should still be able to find one for a reasonable price. Do a google shopping search. (just be prepared to pay shipping)

Technically I dont have this Game, but since one of my close friends. Starting dating his new love. I quitely borrowed it half a year ago. He's still not missing it, although he drops in to play now and again.

So decided to bring it back to him. Which forced my girlfriend to admit we needed a board expasion box, since playing with only the small expansions makes our table look empty.

So I have ordered Kingsport, before that one goes out of print.

So no I dont own it, wish I did though......

Dont have Dunwich either

My friend has it so i didnt want to have the exact same, 

to allow for a different experience when playing with my set.

Im in the process of purchasing them all from newest to oldest.

wish Miskatonic would hurry up :)

Wanted it to continue the third spanish league translation, but now it's going halfway...so i bought Kingsport before it gets expensive like the Innsmouth.

Posted this elseware but I'll repeat it because I know I was excited to find it at retail price.

For those living in NYC and looking for this expansion the Barnes & Noble on 86th street has several copies. I picked 1 up today and they still had 4 on the shelf (potentially more in the back because the shelf was full).

You can use this link to reserve a copy. Unfortunately they will not ship it, it is for in store pick up only.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/store.asp?EAN=9781589942844&distance=2&zipcode=10028&x=0&y=0

Avi_dreader said:

No one actually has it, it's just people say they do to make other people feel bad ;'D

I do too have it and I can prove it*

(*That picture may not be entirely on topic)

Veet said:

Avi_dreader said:

No one actually has it, it's just people say they do to make other people feel bad ;'D

I do too have it and I can prove it*

(*That picture may not be entirely on topic)

Psht, that board and baby are obvious photoshop, and let me guess, the next thing you're going to tell me is that Obama is a US citizen!

P.S. Relatively cute for a photoshopped baby though ;') I think what I like about it is its proximity to the photoshopped board.