Sign in to follow this  
Wrecking Ball

Kong is Dead!

It looks like that GRRM is officially done with ADWD.  He announcd that kong is dead today around noon on his not a blog, but it doesn't look like he has updated it under the Ice and Fire update yet. 

Just thought everybody would like to know.

That's going to be super-fast turn around, to have several million copies in print in just over 2 months. But I have full faith that we'll see it on the 12th. I feel much better knowing that it is finally, fully done.

And, if his posts are to be belived, he does have about 10% of Winds of Winter done (which will likely only be 5% of the finished book).

JerusalemJones said:

That's going to be super-fast turn around, to have several million copies in print in just over 2 months. But I have full faith that we'll see it on the 12th. I feel much better knowing that it is finally, fully done.

And, if his posts are to be belived, he does have about 10% of Winds of Winter done (which will likely only be 5% of the finished book).

I agree with you.  5% sounds like a pretty good estimate.  I will be happily reading Winds of Winter when I am 35 (I am currently 25)

I still got the Martin fans beat. I've been waiting for Daivd Gerrold's A Method for Madness (book 5 of The War Against the Chtorr) for about 20 years. He claims it should be done this year...which is the same thing he said when I met him seven years ago. But I do think I'll see it within the next 12-18 months, if his Facebook posts are accurate. And considering this is the only book series I love more than Thrones, I'm still anxiously awaiting it.

rings said:

Well, considering this book was 1/2 written when the last one came out...and now he is 10% done with the next one...doing the math...2050! 

Well in that case I will be around 70, which will probably mean GRRM will be dead.  Can't wait!

I suppose we can all hope that AFFC and ADWD are going to be the hardest books for him to write.

TravisS said:

Wanted to toss Dark Tower in as a series of books that I waited a long time  for.

AND THEN HE ALMOST DIED! It was worth the wait I tihnk, although after reading the books once I can honestly say I wouldnt read them again >.>