Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Adamaro

A few questions regarding rules

Recommended Posts

1.Archers and tokens

Are archers considered engaged if they attack an adjecent unit? Is an engagement token placed between attacking archers and their target, the attack always being ranged?

2.Certain strategy sections of cards state that "if you have X and Y token in your Order Pool, then each enemy unit engaged with a friendly unit must take 1 hit.

- does thie apply to entire battlefield or only to ZOC of a leader executing this command card? (I think I got this in errata. Tactics always affect an entire battlefield?)

- how does this affect toughness keyword/cover effect?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addendum:

3.What conditions must be met in order for a location to be controlled by one side? Is it true that units must remain on a location during game end in order to claim them or must they just stop there once during the game or can they just march trought such locations in order for tokens to be replaced by those of the house to which a unit is part of?

4. Razing the Red Fork. Stark gets 1 VP for each controlled house, 1 for wood bridge and 2 for stone bridge? Despite the fact that stone bridge is easier to defend ... then wooden one.

And Lannister gets 5 VPs for EACH razed house? Lannister can burn down like 2 houses and there is no way in hell Stark can amount enough VPs to match that. Or did I miss something?

 

tnx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adamaro said:

1.Archers and tokens

Are archers considered engaged if they attack an adjecent unit? Is an engagement token placed between attacking archers and their target, the attack always being ranged?  

Archers do not place engaement tokens. (Notice that their range is 1 - 4 hexes.) Archers don't even get a flanking bonus  However, Archers do need to be adjacent to their enemy to be a part of a coordinated attack.

Adamaro said:

2.Certain strategy sections of cards state that "if you have X and Y token in your Order Pool, then each enemy unit engaged with a friendly unit must take 1 hit.

- does thie apply to entire battlefield or only to ZOC of a leader executing this command card? (I think I got this in errata. Tactics always affect an entire battlefield?)

- how does this affect toughness keyword/cover effect?

This is another f**ked up part of the rules (and errata for that matter). Currently, i play leadership cards like "rally all units" within the ZOC of the leader giving the order. i figure these guys don't have walkie talkies.

 

Hopefully someone more experienced than i will jump in here... still learning myself.

 

Hey FFG!!! i'll trade you my "proof of purchase" for the revised version of the rulebook whenever you get done printing them! i'm probably not the only one.
 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kracky McKraken said:

 

Adamaro said:

 

1.Archers and tokens

Are archers considered engaged if they attack an adjecent unit? Is an engagement token placed between attacking archers and their target, the attack always being ranged?  

 

Archers do not place engaement tokens. (Notice that their range is 1 - 4 hexes.) Archers don't even get a flanking bonus  However, Archers do need to be adjacent to their enemy to be a part of a coordinated attack.

 

 

Kracky is correct about Ranged units not engaging when making an adjacent attack (they are still considered ranged attacks, and only melee attacks get to place an engage token), and also not getting flank bonuses (since flank bonuses only apply to melee attacks). However, an enemy melee unit attacking a ranged unit will place an engagement token between themselves and the ranged unit (unless of course that ranged unit was already engaged by another enemy melee unit).

 Also, just to further clarify Kracky's response on coordinated attacks, note that Ranged units can not form part of a coordinated attack. Coordinated attacks can only be performed by melee units.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2. You got it (the bit you are referring to is the Tactics portion of the Leadership Card). As per the errata, Tactics apply to the entire battlefield.

Not sure about the cover/toughness bit of the question though...

3. The bit on Control Markers is explained at the beggining of the Scenario Booklet. From memory, when an ordered unit ends its order (that is movement, attacks and advance / pursues have all occurred) on a hex with an enemy's control marker, then the marker is changed to the unit's house control marker. (so as an example: if you were to move your unit into a hex with an enemy control marker, attacked an adjacent enemy unit and then decided to advance/pursue away from the hex, you would not get to change the control marker to your house as you wouldn't end the order in that hex).  

Also, a control marker remains under a house's control until such time as it is replaced with the above actions. This means you don't have to have a unit on it to be considered in control. So you could take control of an enemy's control marker and then move the unit away and that marker would remain under your control unless an enemy comes around later to change that.

Markers that show your hourse symbol at the start of the game commence under your control already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adamaro said:

Addendum:

3.What conditions must be met in order for a location to be controlled by one side? Is it true that units must remain on a location during game end in order to claim them or must they just stop there once during the game or can they just march trought such locations in order for tokens to be replaced by those of the house to which a unit is part of?

4. Razing the Red Fork. Stark gets 1 VP for each controlled house, 1 for wood bridge and 2 for stone bridge? Despite the fact that stone bridge is easier to defend ... then wooden one.

And Lannister gets 5 VPs for EACH razed house? Lannister can burn down like 2 houses and there is no way in hell Stark can amount enough VPs to match that. Or did I miss something?

 

tnx

 

As for the earlier question regarding how Cover/Toughness affects the hits on the tactics part of a leadership card, I think you should email FFG customer service.  I don't believe there is an official response yet and it should be added to the FAQ/Errata.  Also, they won't answer the question unless you email them directly. 

As for Razing the Red Fork, the big difference is that Stark gets the VP's every Round and Lannister only gets VP's at the end of the game.  So, Stark needs to immediately send out units to secure objectives, then try to hold off the Reavers and Kevan and his support units.  The time that we played, the Reavers had a lot of trouble burning buildings, so Stark built up a huge lead getting those points turn after turn. 

Hope that helps.  Please report back if you get an answer on that tactics vs. Cover/Toughness question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one.

 

When we played last BOW we took into account new retreating rules, that is, that unit is retreating away from the attacker who also rolled black flags.

Here's what happened:

 

ADF

A= attacker (leader)

D=defender (leader unit with capture rating 2)

F=forest

 

A attacked D and rolled one hit and two black flags. D took one hit and retreated one hex, but this led him to a forest for which is known all units must stop when entering it. Now, we ruled that unit that can not move further due to forest effects does not get an additional one damage due to that second flag, but I would like to know if there are any rules regarding this? Should D be captured if he got stuck in the forest and could not move on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your answer to this one should be in the FAQ/Errata document, which says, if I remember correctly, that you don't take into account movement restrictions (except for impassable) during retreats.  You do take movement restrictions into account when pursuing or advancing, though.

As I say, I believe that is correct, but you can double-check the answer in the FAQ/Errata. 

So, yeah, I believe the idea is that a unit in retreat scatters through the forest, regrouping on the other side, or splashes through the ford, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...