Sign in to follow this  
Gregorius21778

[Black Sepulchre Spoilers!] Thrugg´s Manison

Greetings, brethern

I aquired myself a copy of "The Black Sepulchre" today. I just started reading, and there are already some things that strike me... and not in a pleasent fashion.

Combing through the first part ("Death from Above") leaves me with the questions where the Manison (see topic title) actually is. I would have expected somewhere in the spires of one of the hives, but map suggests that their is some open surrounding. At least, that is what I get from the picture of a chimera which forced its way through an outer, estate surrounding wall.

Since the modul claims the Scintilla as the planet, I wonder where this manison is. After all, the majority of the surface is...not very pleasent. And there is no "outer dome" managed (as the pc go in by aircraft). Any hints/suggestions?

In addition: are these WIMPS-stats really supposed to be house troups? Or is this noble really thatt downtroddern that he pics scum an civilians, gives them some training and uses them as guards for his valuable collection?

Hmm... good questions; that was something that did not occur when I read through.

Maybe the estate is in one of the great halls within the spire? It just looks in the pictures that it is outside because the real walls are several km away. And there should be many roads within the spire that can handle a Chimera without any problem.

As for the guards - maybe they were really just for show; looking impressive and hoping no one would put them to the test. Perhaps in the past they really were a force to be feared but have got sloppy just relying on reputation to get then through.

DW  

Traveller61 said:

Hmm... good questions; that was something that did not occur when I read through.

Maybe the estate is in one of the great halls within the spire? It just looks in the pictures that it is outside because the real walls are several km away. And there should be many roads within the spire that can handle a Chimera without any problem.

Hi, I thought of this as well...but in that case, the fly-in by Valkyrie is not making to much sense. Even taking the nobles waste of space into account, I have a hard time imagine something that big that you fly around with a Valkyrie in it. On the other hand, the Valkyrie will hardly have breached an outer spire wall. In that case, I would have expected a much tighter air defense (or the mentioning that these defences where disabled by =I=-order at the last moment).