Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aristos

No hero commited to quest - question

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am starting the adventure with LOTR LCG and since some of you already had the pleasure of roaming Middle Earth in this great game i would like to ask you for a confirmation on one question that popped up while going through the rules :-)

After the questing phase one gets the threat up by the difference between total willpower of heroes commited to quest and encounter cards sitting in staging area - now maybe this is a silly question but since it is not explicitly put in the rules can anyone confirm what happens if the is nobody questing in given phase?

Now if i go by pure logic only it would seem you would have to add all threat from staging area without any deductions but since it is so cruel i want to double confirm :-) Can anyone pls advise if my understanding is correct?

Many thanks in advance!

Aristos Publish Publish

Hi

you got that right: if nobody is commited to a quest you get all the threat in the staging area. This game mechanic assures that the players are allways questin' ;)

Well - that is just plain cruel :-) But on the other hand since the times of game announcement i was longing for first really tough and demanding game to beat so i shouldn't really complain ;-)

Thanks a bunch for quic reply and have a great Easter Holidays!

Something I've inferred from the rules, but thought it worth checking:

When a monster engages a player they leave the staging area. This implies to me they no longer add their threat to the Questing Phase, a fact which would have made my first run through a little easier!

Anyone agree/disagree with that interpretation?

Gunhex said:

Anyone agree/disagree with that interpretation?

Yep, agree. Engaging enemies is a good way to reduce the threat.

servant of the secret fire  - It is Aristos :-) And no,  I am not from Greece but Poland  - however you are not the first one to make such assumption based on my nick ;-)