Sign in to follow this  
Gallows

The Thousand Thrones 3rd. Ed. Conversion (Ch 1-9 personal notes)

Here's all nine chapters of my Thousand Thrones conversion. It's just my personal notes, so it's not something I have made with public release in mind. I haven't converted all NPCs, because for many general NPCs I just used standard stats from ToA or reused some of the NPCs I had created. A few people on the boards expressed an interrest however so I am uploading it all to dropbox. Perhaps you'll find it useful, perhaps not. But it's here for you to check out. The layout changes from one chapter to the next because I experimented with different ways of preparing the NPCs. The last chapters may require the creatures vault or the creatures guide. If you're a player, you shouldn't read it of course.

The thousand thrones personal notes (chapter 1-9)

Thanks, this is really appreciated.

Whether or not all used, lots of stuff to learn from etc.  This sort of community sharing is great, I love the WFRP "heritage community" and the "creative drive community" and the stuff they all bring to the table (literally).

Gallows said:

It's on liber fanatica as well. A single pdf file with all the stuff, if you want to get that.

http://www.liberfanatica.net/TTT.html

Awesome stuff Gallows! I picked up an old copy of TTT a couple of months back and am just now finishing up my first in depth read through.  I'm thinking of running a couple of friends through it using 3rd Ed mechanics and I had a question.   How do you handle Gossip Tests using 3rd Ed?  WFRP 2nd Ed adventures seems to call for this check quite a bit and I'm not sure a Charm or Intimidation check translates quite as well.

GoblynKing said:

Gallows said:

It's on liber fanatica as well. A single pdf file with all the stuff, if you want to get that.

Awesome stuff Gallows! I picked up an old copy of TTT a couple of months back and am just now finishing up my first in depth read through.  I'm thinking of running a couple of friends through it using 3rd Ed mechanics and I had a question.   How do you handle Gossip Tests using 3rd Ed?  WFRP 2nd Ed adventures seems to call for this check quite a bit and I'm not sure a Charm or Intimidation check translates quite as well.

Charm is the most fitting skill, but a folklore (Fel) check may work as well. There are only three skills for human interaction... charm (the friendly way), intimidate (the aggresive way) and guile (the sneaky way). Those three skills cover it all really.

Gallows said:

GoblynKing said:

Gallows said:

Charm is the most fitting skill, but a folklore (Fel) check may work as well. There are only three skills for human interaction... charm (the friendly way), intimidate (the aggresive way) and guile (the sneaky way). Those three skills cover it all really.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing so far. If my players want to gather some information in a tavern or from the streets, I let'em use whichever skill they like (or are best at), but just require that they do a bit of roleplaying so that it makes sense. 

Example:  The Roadwarden in our party wants to dig up some rumors regarding the local noble family.

Roadwarden - "I'll use intimidate!"

Me - "ok, looking around you find some thuggish kids torturing a cat in the alley nearby"

Roadwarden - "I chase'em off but corner one of'em and grab him by the collar. Tell me what ya know about the _____ family and maybe I won't turn you into the Witchhunters for conducting blood sacrifices!"

Me - "perfect! Make an intimidation check and have a fortune point for good roleplaying."

Etc

I am not intending to run TTT, but for general rumor sifting and "hey what's going on in town there barkeep?" I've relied on Folklore.   For focused information gathering along the lines of "have you seen this boy?"  I've been running off either charm or skullduggery depending on if it is legal intel the PC's are trying to gather.  We haven't run into a situation where intimidation seemed either tactic-appropriate or in-character yet (and our "yet" is a pretty short time-span) but I could totally see kicking the snot out of some local thugs to figure out what's going down.  I think my players avoid that sort of thing because they know that my NPC's hold grudges.  You never know when a favour from an NPC might save your life...he might remember the time you broke his finger and gave him a concussion with a fence post ;-)

Glorian Underhill said:

Just read the conversions guide, and it is great!

Thanks a lot.

Cheers... just my rough personal notes, but nice to know it's not a complete waste of space now we're done with the campaign. IF you're going to do TTT as a GM, I would really change the last chapter. Unfortunately I simply didn't have the time for it back then, but that final chapter is quite poor (seemingly random dungeon crawl, that while it may have a purpose seen from the GMs eyes will seem random and sometimes downright pointless to the players).

I would simply have skipped the dungeon and let everything happend around town, with the lake as a backdrop... maybe have a small underwater chamber, but not a maze of pointlessness happy.gif