Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

Void_onion213 said:

we are going to sell the Righteous path to the Adeptus Mechanicus for a lot of money and future support for our operationshappy.gif

We are selling the grand cruiser to the adeptus mechanicus, but before that could could we not search the grand cruiser for unique personal items or fighters,bombers,vehicles,ship data logs?

What about trying the  knight you spoke about during the second session on monday?It is no longer valid?

EDIT

About the null blocker ,most of the phyhic atacks like direct energy attack or mind war power are resisted by an opposed willpower test. Most of the phyichers have unnatural willpower (like eldar farseer unnatural willpower  X10) so I will mostly loose. With the null blocker if I fail the opposed willpower test and if  I roll between 10 and 60 I nullify the direct phyhic attack ,like mind war, and prevent the field to overload). 

I need a better gun than the heavy stubber. It didn't do any damage to the last enemies.

I will spoke with the explorator to modify one of the gun cutter autocannons so I could use.

Until now I *should* be able to do my bit with Asajev tonight; I will onlt get a confirmation around 6-6:30 PM EST; short delay I know, but it's the soonest I can know if I got my evening cleared or not.

Braddoc said:

Until now I *should* be able to do my bit with Asajev tonight; I will onlt get a confirmation around 6-6:30 PM EST; short delay I know, but it's the soonest I can know if I got my evening cleared or not.

Please write a short summary of your session.

Are we still on Footfall?

Asajev: I *should* be good tonight, at the usual time; please let me know if you can make it tonight; if not, then I guess we,ll have to do it Saturday before the game.

I am still waiting for confirmation for tongiht thought; but I'm 85% sure of being able to do it tonight; I'll be certain around 6-6:30 PM EST

Braddoc said:

Well, that was fun!  Lots of shocking revelations, backstory, collar-grabbing drama....what was talked about?  See it Saturday!

What happened?

I spoke with a certain gentleman about stuff, that i got to pass via Timeless first (with him being my Captian and all).  Mostly talked about some new 'old' ennemy, and a certain...cargo someone is carrying.

The important thing is I now have an Outrageous Feather (Called the Feather of Outrageousness) on my brand new House Romfel Uniform, making me the most daring and bold explorer that ever set foot in the Expanse by default. (har har)

No, seriously, it's jsut a fancy dandy feather that gives an stacking AP1 to all location and everyone suffers a -5 to perception tests when it's in view as it is so outrageous short of the wearer.

Braddoc said:

I spoke with a certain gentleman about stuff, that i got to pass via Timeless first (with him being my Captian and all).  Mostly talked about some new 'old' ennemy, and a certain...cargo someone is carrying.

The important thing is I now have an Outrageous Feather (Called the Feather of Outrageousness) on my brand new House Romfel Uniform, making me the most daring and bold explorer that ever set foot in the Expanse by default. (har har)

No, seriously, it's jsut a fancy dandy feather that gives an stacking AP1 to all location and everyone suffers a -5 to perception tests when it's in view as it is so outrageous short of the wearer.

Outrageous Feather is custom item?

Did you gain any xp?

Braddoc said:

yeah custom item; I rolled to obtain a Puritain-14 pistol (failed), and Timeless rolled to acquire the outrageous feather.

and yes! I got 500 xp, spend it all already

http://dark-heresy.wikispaces.com/Cromwell

Here's my sheet

I've got a null blocker field and void got a conversion field,timeless failed the test to acquire anything and bang I don't know exactly what he got.

@Bang Could you post your character profile with the updated equipment and skill,talents or stats:

Origin Path :
Fortress World (Basic training SP)
  Unnatural Origin,Contaminated Environs(Peer Mutants,Resistance Poison) with Brute mutation(10 STR,10 Toughness already in the stats) 
 Crusade Call To War( Peer Military,Hatred Chaos,7 Insanity Points)
The Hand Of War(Heavy Weapon Training(SP),Hatred Pirates)
 Devotion,Duty(Unshakable faith)
 Accursed be thy Name,Outraged Scion( Armour of Contempt ,Forbiden Lore Xenos,Mutants)

WS : 40
 BS : 60
S : 75(55 without power Armor)
T : 55
 Ag : 45
Int : 40
Per : 40
Wp : 53
Fel : 35
Wounds : 15
Fate Points : 4

Advance Skills : Common Lore (War), Dodge,Intimidate,Scholastic Lore(Tactica Imperialis),Secret Tongue(Military),Speak Language(Low Gothic),Awareness, Medicae

Basic Skills:Swim,Silent Move,Search,Scrutiny,Logic,Inquiry,Gamble,Forbidden Lore(Xenos,Mutants),Evaluate,Disguise,Deceive, Contortionist,Concealment, Command,Climb,Charm,Carouse,Barter.

Talents :Resistance Poison,Peer Mutants,Peer Military,Hatred Pirates,Hatred Chaos,Unshakable faith,Armour of Contempt,Nerves of Steel,Sound Constitution,Combat Focus,Heavy Weapon Training(SP),Weapon Mastery Heavy,Hulking,Basic Weapon Training(Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal),Thrown Weapon Training(Universal).

Free Acquisition : 1 Ignatus pattern Power Armor(+20 STR,+1 Movement,8AP,Hulking,good quality photo visors-Dark Sight,immune to photon flash grenades,micro bead,auspex) Family Patriarch Power Armor.

Equipement

• Starting: good-craftsmanship helgun, good crafstmanship primitive with mono upgrade long sabre,micro-bead,bolt shell keepsake,set clothing, medkit,manacles,ammo coffers.
  • Acquisitions :1 Set of carapace armor, 1 common quality power sword,1 common quality heavy stubber of Orthalck pattern,grenades,grenade launcher,1 common quality null blocker field

dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php

That's my Magos' profile.

I don't know about Asajev, but I personally would be very interested in seeing everyone use an XP table - that is to say a listed breakdown of everything purchased and a total XP count.

Also, Thor's sheet all checks out, though my background of Play by Post where every roll is exposed casts the rolling of Brute in a dubious light.

I'm very disappointed I forgot about Lineage. I wish I'd remembered, would have set a few points aside for it. Maybe I can sweet talk Asajev into letting me grab it next time XP gets handed out.

Braddoc said:

Nice one.

Just one thing; isn't the 'Call to War' and the 'Hand of War' both part of the "Lure of the void" section?

Actually Crusade ,Call to war is part of Lure of the void and the hand of war is part of Trials and Travails.

BangBangTequila said:

dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php

That's my Magos' profile.

I don't know about Asajev, but I personally would be very interested in seeing everyone use an XP table - that is to say a listed breakdown of everything purchased and a total XP count.

Also, Thor's sheet all checks out, though my background of Play by Post where every roll is exposed casts the rolling of Brute in a dubious light.

I'm very disappointed I forgot about Lineage. I wish I'd remembered, would have set a few points aside for it. Maybe I can sweet talk Asajev into letting me grab it next time XP gets handed out.

Where did you get the +5 bonus(in brackets) for the S(+20 is from power armor)? You forgot to add your acquisition from last time(pulse carabine).

Oh sorry. I had originally spent my 500 xp on all three 100 xp Basic characteristic advances (including strength). After finding i don't have the Exotic Weapon Training talent, i talked with Asajev and changed the acquisition to a Utility Mechadendrite and the appropriate talent for it. I'll change the stat entry now.

Void_onion213 said:

I would recommend to you Thor for level 1 where you currently are

• common lore ( imperial guard)
  • Guardian
  • Ambidextrous
  • Literacy
  • Quick draw
  • Medicae
  •  bloodtracker
  • awareness

That is just level 1, if you have xp left to spend to level up, spend it on characteristics

There are a few in rank 2 that might be worth while

• Tracking
  • Rapid reload
  • takedown
  • combat formation

The rest of the remaining skill increase options are open to you to increase your lore, tactical knowledge, and doge and awareness improvements. Not sure if you will go two weapon wielder ( Ballistic) given that you seem to favor heavy weapons

For level 1 that I will take(bold already spent):

• Awareness --> 100 xp
  • Common Lore(Imperial Guard) --> 100 xp
  • Dodge --> 100 xp
  • Literacy --> 100 xp
  • Ambidexterous --> 200 xp
  • Quick Draw --> 200 xp
  • Medicae --> 200 xp
  • Bloodtracker --> 500 xp
  • BS +5 --> 100 xp
  • S +5 --> 100 xp
  • T +5 --> 250 xp
  • Ag +5 --> 100 xp

I will be left with +50 xp to spent for level 2

For level 2:

Wait a minute for me Ag is 100 xp type skill. Why should I change to from 100 xp skill to 500 xp skill for initiative. So why should I take combat formation?

Between Acrobatics,Intimidate +10(take into consideration that I will have S at 80 with power armor at level 2),Common Lore(War)+10,Cat fall,Awareness +10 what do you recomend to take?(50 xp not spent from rank 1). Do the Sound Constitution talent is worth it?

So from what you said what I decided to take for level 2:

• flame weapon (universal) --> 500 xp(what is the penalty to not having flame weapon and welding a flame weapon?)
  • Tracking --> 200 xp
  • Rapid reload --> 200 xp
  • takedown --> 200 xp
  • true grit  --> 200 xp 
  • dodge +10 --> 200 xp
  • Scholastic lore (tactica Imperialis) +10 --> 200 xp
  • Awareness +10 --> 200 xp
  • Willpower +5 --> 500 xp
  • Sound Constitution --> 200 xp
  • BS +5 --> 250 xp

From what i can tell from last session. It seems that not everyone agrees with my rogue trader being slightly more open mined. If this the case, would it be better if i played a character with a narrower field of view than an RT. I like my character but i have neither the time nor patients for in party bickering  over such insignificant matters as interpretation of the imperial creed. I run my character loosely based on the origin path but heavily on my own personal outlook. So if you are ok with my character concept fine, If not. I'll play something like a navigator, if so then Holt will simply exist on paper and used as part of a single player game.

I don't hold anything against the group, i just don't find it entertaining or comfortable to deal with multiply personalities. don't like large groups, especially when I'm the only one on my side. As a side note, i was only going along with what ever side adventure I some how started in the honorable attempt to initially unite the group. I don't take much stock in the setting, i just do what i believe is fair to the players involved. If this concept does not fit a Rogue Trader i'm not sure what will. As far as i can tell, (based on my common lore Imperium) even the concept of a democracy would be heresy, and why as a noble Rogue Trader sworn to protect humanity, resort to genocide over some religious interpretation of the Emperors will. I just Play my characters with a little more Moral fiber than what is normally expected.

Void_onion213 said:

From what i can tell from last session. It seems that not everyone agrees with my rogue trader being slightly more open mined. If this the case, would it be better if i played a character with a narrower field of view than an RT. I like my character but i have neither the time nor patients for in party bickering  over such insignificant matters as interpretation of the imperial creed. I run my character loosely based on the origin path but heavily on my own personal outlook. So if you are ok with my character concept fine, If not. I'll play something like a navigator, if so then Holt will simply exist on paper and used as part of a single player game.

I don't hold anything against the group, i just don't find it entertaining or comfortable to deal with multiply personalities. don't like large groups, especially when I'm the only one on my side. As a side note, i was only going along with what ever side adventure I some how started in the honorable attempt to initially unite the group. I don't take much stock in the setting, i just do what i believe is fair to the players involved. If this concept does not fit a Rogue Trader i'm not sure what will. As far as i can tell, (based on my common lore Imperium) even the concept of a democracy would be heresy, and why as a noble Rogue Trader sworn to protect humanity, resort to genocide over some religious interpretation of the Emperors will. I just Play my characters with a little more Moral fiber than what is normally expected.

Sorry to bother you but I try to take your player side and be supportive of him.

If you have any problems about my character please be free to tell me and I will try to improve my play.

I will try to be a less ruthless player. I said that we should sacrifice those arsmen because the GM was giving to understand that if the gretchin were allowed some breathing room they would have activated the EMP device and cripple the ship.

Another question the star system where we met the mass hauler is the star system with the Righteous Path? 

Actually democracy is not heresy for the IOM as far as you pay your tithe,worship the Emperor in the local variation of the religion,round up the phychers and not betray the IOM your fine as a democracy

You as a rogue trader is a good player and rogue trader..

Thank you for your support Thor, though you character could use some fine tuning. You are a loyal officer, It might help to try and be more clear perhaps try typing what you would like to do so that i can support you better. I have no Intention to betray the Imperium of Man, how ever that does not mean i agree with some of it's practices. My Intention as a Rogue trader is to build a Demi-Empire that can slowly and methodically present a new way for the Imperium as a whole to view the galaxy. As of now they see only enemies, From Xenos to rebels fighting for a better way of life than needless oppression. In short , My character views the Emperor not as a god but a great man with the will to unite mankind under one banner. The orks may be an enemy worth purging for the threat they pose to all. but not all xenos are hostile, just as not all Heretics summon daemons and worship chaos.

In essence, My character aims to do the right thing. In short to find a way to save the Imperium from it's self.