Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Online with Rogue Trader

Recommended Posts

Just to give group B a heads up, we managed to acquire the Eldar data crystal with out any problems. My character has left a vox message for Nihillus and Cromwell telling them that the use of force is not required and that they should feel free to attend the auction. I have the data crystal on my character for safe keeping, If the Explorator so desires he can meet me later on my ship to examine the item. Mind you i do need to return the whole item to RuneBlade for the service of constructing Thor's custom autocannon. The additional items we acquired are quite nice, I got a Conversion field, Thor received an inquisitorial make personal shield, with a token of bad luck Tiberius couldn't acquire any additional items. He will be at the auction hopefully for Group B. If required, I to will be on to move ahead the story arc concerning the data crystal.

As a side note, due to the level of respect gained with Sebastion of the merchant house. We will once in a while receive invitations to future auctions. All that has to happen now is for Adeptus Mechanicus support in our endeavor to be organized and to secure the site where the Righteous Path now lies. Performing a task such as this alone would have been more trouble than would be profitable. I do not say i fully trust This help, but the task will be made easier and perhaps we will gain more than just mere profit. The party while still young, will do well to establish friends in high places and the gratitude and respect of the Mechanicus or the Imperial Navy will be most desirable.

If anyone has a better idea please feel free to post, and character insight from the explorator will be very help full when dealing with the mechanicus.

Good luck to all, and good hunting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. I have to say I find the current standings a little hard to swallow. It's not that i find anyone has anything they don't deserve, just that we have a few characters (admittedly counting myself among this number-no small motivation for this post!) who are multiple thousands of XP behind, and my main plot to try and catch up has been foiled by your success, and now two of the characters that are more advanced have managed to grab force fields on top. Not a particularly big problem, but I feel this to be a big enough gap to be worth mentioning.

The two main points I'd provide my perspective on are the aid of the Mechanicus and the Eldar Data Crystal. For the aidof the Mechanicus, you will need more then just my expertise to fix up the righteous path, and even should you succeed, you'll never be able to keep it up. An upkeep for a Dark Age Battlecruiser would be a greater penalty then you have Profit Factor. So the only three routes I see available are:

1) Wait until we've amassed our own force large enough and well enough prepared to embark on such a massively ambisious operation; difficult and obviously not a swift path, but certainly a viable option. Even just towing it or restoring the plasma drive and concealing it somwhere far from a Warp route and leaving some guards manning the Auspex but unable to affect the movement to ensure nobody finds it while being unable to run it away, would be enough to keep it fairly safe until we might succeed at a full restoration.

2) Enlist the aid of the Mechanicus and be prepared for the enevitable trouble that will arise form having such an insanely valuable piece of Archeotech and owing  the Mehanicus simultaneousky. A dire situation indeed.

3) Loot the ship as best we can and offer the (still priceless) hulk to the Mechanicus in exchange for a rather great deal.

As for the second point (Out of character, so no taking this and changing what we're doing in game!), about the Data Crystal - trading it for an autocannon is just ridiculous, and Magos Nihilius won't allow it. That Crystal might unlock the secrets of the webway, warithbone, shruiken weaponry, etc - any Eldar technology is thousands of years more advanced then anything in the Dark Age of Technology, and an opportunity to study it is so incredibly, immeasurably more valuable then a common, easily replicated piece of weaponry that I guarantee it isn't going to happen. **** Runeblade. **** Autocannons. Hells yes Eldar Holofield technology and non-Warp-based transit.

If anything, a possible solution to both problems would be to trade the data crystal (or better, some of the large-scale data!) for a compact declaring Archeotech Salvage the property of your dynasty under the authority of a supervising Magos.

Just my 2 cents and a heads up that if you sriously trade an irreplacably rare and pricless artifact for a weapon of scarce availability. SCARCE for god's sake, that's a +20 Acquisition. Page 177 Inquisitor's Handbook for reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your point. For starters with the Grand cruiser, Yes i want that ship in the holdings of the dynasty. If you can help formulate a plan that can move the vessel to safe harbor and start on repairs with out drawing to many wolves i would like to hear it. 2, i know that the price for the autocannon is a little farfetched, which is why i hope you can successfully copy the data off the device for our own uses. Then again, RuneBlade as fas as I can tell is taking orders from Godwin. for your equipment gap issue, the auction is still going on. You just have to make your stately appearance and partake.just as a mark of notice, try not to buy things from the Dark Heresy books. we might have some unwanted future trouble from the personal shield that Thor got, being from the inquisition and all. 

I suppose one way to handle the Righteous  Path given your rank, is to see if you can head the Mechanicus activities and I can perhaps make a deal to keep you on board as the eyes and ears of your order. It might be stretching it a bit but might be worth a shot. First real attempt at political play and it might take a bit to get use to. That is why I'm going to need the support of the party if we are going to make any starting profit factor, also send me a queue once in a while to check on a contact or source important information like Drey or Virel. RuneBlade might also have his uses, might also want to leave some form of update for Godwin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BangBangTequila said:

Hmmm. I have to say I find the current standings a little hard to swallow. It's not that i find anyone has anything they don't deserve, just that we have a few characters (admittedly counting myself among this number-no small motivation for this post!) who are multiple thousands of XP behind, and my main plot to try and catch up has been foiled by your success, and now two of the characters that are more advanced have managed to grab force fields on top. Not a particularly big problem, but I feel this to be a big enough gap to be worth mentioning.

The two main points I'd provide my perspective on are the aid of the Mechanicus and the Eldar Data Crystal. For the aidof the Mechanicus, you will need more then just my expertise to fix up the righteous path, and even should you succeed, you'll never be able to keep it up. An upkeep for a Dark Age Battlecruiser would be a greater penalty then you have Profit Factor. So the only three routes I see available are:

1) Wait until we've amassed our own force large enough and well enough prepared to embark on such a massively ambisious operation; difficult and obviously not a swift path, but certainly a viable option. Even just towing it or restoring the plasma drive and concealing it somwhere far from a Warp route and leaving some guards manning the Auspex but unable to affect the movement to ensure nobody finds it while being unable to run it away, would be enough to keep it fairly safe until we might succeed at a full restoration.

2) Enlist the aid of the Mechanicus and be prepared for the enevitable trouble that will arise form having such an insanely valuable piece of Archeotech and owing  the Mehanicus simultaneousky. A dire situation indeed.

3) Loot the ship as best we can and offer the (still priceless) hulk to the Mechanicus in exchange for a rather great deal.

As for the second point (Out of character, so no taking this and changing what we're doing in game!), about the Data Crystal - trading it for an autocannon is just ridiculous, and Magos Nihilius won't allow it. That Crystal might unlock the secrets of the webway, warithbone, shruiken weaponry, etc - any Eldar technology is thousands of years more advanced then anything in the Dark Age of Technology, and an opportunity to study it is so incredibly, immeasurably more valuable then a common, easily replicated piece of weaponry that I guarantee it isn't going to happen. **** Runeblade. **** Autocannons. Hells yes Eldar Holofield technology and non-Warp-based transit.

If anything, a possible solution to both problems would be to trade the data crystal (or better, some of the large-scale data!) for a compact declaring Archeotech Salvage the property of your dynasty under the authority of a supervising Magos.

Just my 2 cents and a heads up that if you sriously trade an irreplacably rare and pricless artifact for a weapon of scarce availability. SCARCE for god's sake, that's a +20 Acquisition. Page 177 Inquisitor's Handbook for reference.

I have earn only 500xp from the started xp of a rogue trader character. Holt character has won also 500xp but he started with a character from a previous Rogue Trader group that has earned 1000xp.

About the autocannon I also believe that the trade is too much in master rumblade favor. Could your character help me to acquire a man portable autocannon(probably modify an autocannon so that the archmilitant could fire on his own)?Or we could allow master rumblade to copy the data from the data cristals for the autocannon.

I'm in favor to try point 1(repair gellar,plasma engine and tow somewhere safe). If not I'm in favor of solution number 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braddoc said:

 

So, there's no Group B thing tonight if I'm following well?

 

 

As far as I know group B is still ok and should have a session tonight.

EDIT

They were talking about that we acquire from the auction(the main item eldar necklace with soulstone and 2 data crystals) and for me a common quality null blocker force field(AP 60) and for Holt I he acquired conversion field (AP 50). Timeless wanted to buy 5 shark attack boats and he failed. He will try today.

The explorator wanted to say that the necklace is too big a price to give to Rumblade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Group B is still having its game,also I would appreciate if Group A was not talking to Group B about things that happened in their game since both groups are acting at the same time in the scale of time inside the game. No meta gaming that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asajev said:

 Group B is still having its game,also I would appreciate if Group A was not talking to Group B about things that happened in their game since both groups are acting at the same time in the scale of time inside the game. No meta gaming that is.

Sorry it will not happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thtat is ok, I am in vent at this time if you wish to come in to talk a bit I will be working on other things but if you need anything I will be in the game channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thor2006 said:

About the autocannon I also believe that the trade is too much in master rumblade favor. Could your character help me to acquire a man portable autocannon(probably modify an autocannon so that the archmilitant could fire on his own)?Or we could allow master rumblade to copy the data from the data cristals for the autocannon.

I'm in favor to try point 1(repair gellar,plasma engine and tow somewhere safe). If not I'm in favor of solution number 3.

Bahaha, the only difference between vehicle mounted Autocannons  and the ones used by Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons teams is (IIRC) a little bit of range, which you don't really need for an infantry version since it comes standard with a 300 meter range. Just generally acquire one, any local PDF would have them, and Footfall will be almost guaranteed to have one somewhere. Hell, for the same difficulty of Acquisition you could grab a Sentinel armed with an Autocannon. Though this is, of course, up to GM's discretion, and assigning penalties because they are built to be used by two people (the only group to use Auto Cannons solo are Terminators, and they have them built in. That would be something to be dealt with with modification, by building a mount on your power armour, and you may still need to brace it. After all each shell is ~2.5 kg, so the mass and recoil involved is massive...

@ Void: Why shouldn't we get things from the DH books if there is no equivalent in the RT books? My armour is from Dark Heresy, because there is no Dragonscale in RT. That doesn't mean the armour doesn't exist-it's already established that it does-and the stats are balanced when brining DH into RT, though not always going in reverse. Some exceptions apply, but if Asajev doesn't disagree I can't see why it would be an issue....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BangBangTequila said:

thor2006 said:

 

About the autocannon I also believe that the trade is too much in master rumblade favor. Could your character help me to acquire a man portable autocannon(probably modify an autocannon so that the archmilitant could fire on his own)?Or we could allow master rumblade to copy the data from the data cristals for the autocannon.

I'm in favor to try point 1(repair gellar,plasma engine and tow somewhere safe). If not I'm in favor of solution number 3.

 

 

Bahaha, the only difference between vehicle mounted Autocannons  and the ones used by Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons teams is (IIRC) a little bit of range, which you don't really need for an infantry version since it comes standard with a 300 meter range. Just generally acquire one, any local PDF would have them, and Footfall will be almost guaranteed to have one somewhere. Hell, for the same difficulty of Acquisition you could grab a Sentinel armed with an Autocannon. Though this is, of course, up to GM's discretion, and assigning penalties because they are built to be used by two people (the only group to use Auto Cannons solo are Terminators, and they have them built in. That would be something to be dealt with with modification, by building a mount on your power armour, and you may still need to brace it. After all each shell is ~2.5 kg, so the mass and recoil involved is massive...

@ Void: Why shouldn't we get things from the DH books if there is no equivalent in the RT books? My armour is from Dark Heresy, because there is no Dragonscale in RT. That doesn't mean the armour doesn't exist-it's already established that it does-and the stats are balanced when brining DH into RT, though not always going in reverse. Some exceptions apply, but if Asajev doesn't disagree I can't see why it would be an issue....

Actually an ammunition clip for all weapons  is 10% from the weight of the weapon. So an autocanon is 55 kg and ammunition clip for the autocannon is 5.5 kg and each clip contains several dozens shells. I have a combine bonus for S and T of  12. So I can carry and use without penalties 112kg.  So I have no problem using the autocannon from the IH war zone.

Some items are only made normally only for the Inquisition or Eclesiarchy(Ex; Rosarius,certain types of ammunition).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BangBangTequila said:

Timeless, Void, Asajev and I are all online right now. Cromwell, if you sign on we can do group B now.

 

I'm at work right now; I'll be able to jump in tonight at the ususal time. (8PM EST for me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the last few games I've played I don't really feel that there is going to be much room for my character to reach the desired power threshold. With a sense of an over bearing Inquisitorial presence and Power happy Explorator, I don't feel that the game Is centered on the Rogue Traders as the game implies. I have no problem with how the game has been progressing by i would like to have a significantly greater range of movement than I feel that is being afforded. I have ambitions to have my own fleet and planetary holdings, though I am trying to be fair to all players so that they can have their share.

Though I have no issue with giving the Righteous Path to the AdMech. I do feel slightly under cut for being one of the Knight Dragon combine's founding members. As said, I feel that all the players should have their time to shine but i still want the freedom to pursue my own goals unhindered by party politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...